TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine misfire for about 2-3 miles then goes away

magrag

Car is 2008 with 8000 miles Ford racing cold air and VMP tune.

Drove car into town this AM about 5 miles, on way home noticed engine jerking (missing) like a one cyl was not firing.

Babied it for about 2 miles (country road) then said what the heck, put it 3rd and let it rip.

Miss when away, drove it later and no problem.

Anyone had anything like this and what do you think it is was???

Drove car into town this AM about 5 miles, on way home noticed engine jerking (missing) like a one cyl was not firing.

Babied it for about 2 miles (country road) then said what the heck, put it 3rd and let it rip.

Mine acts exactly as yours, except it seems to do it after it has sit for a couple of weeks, and only on the initial start up. If when I start it and drive away and it misses, I shut it down, then start it back up and all is fine.

Hopefully someone can give some insight as to what is going on.

It could also be bad fuel. You should take it to the dealer and have them check the car out....

Just a thought but when did you change your plugs last?

+1 pull your plugs and look at them. If you post high res pics of the plugs there are some folks on this forum that are good at reading them.

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled the plugs, and they looked fine. Checked the gap and some were a little big @ .044-.049. Gapped them to .042. I took it for a ride today, it idles finem but when i started driving it still was missing for about the first .5 miles.

I picked up a set of NGK tr6's. I'll give them a try. Hopefully the new plugs clear it up.

I'll also check for codes.

magreg, did you have any luck with your's?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived