TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to do with this?

Bababouie

O.K. so this is the flaw on the front bumper as some others have found. :cry:

058.jpg

There was a loose flap of paint that has now gone. Dealer says they will repair....

Should I let them do it? Could I do as good a job with touch up paint?

Just a PITA to take the car back and leave it...

Andy

Don't let them repaint the thing. It may look good when it comes out, but durability will be shit. The bumper is not aligned correctly. Take it off, touch that part up ( or pay a really good guy ) and then put it back on and align it correctly. It is caused by improper alignment per the Ford FSE that addressed it in my laundry list.

I would not let the dealer touch it. I don't know a Ford dealer that can fix that without more collateral damage than it is worth.

They will probably paint the whole bumper, but they will not get it correct. I would bet there will be crap in the paint, and wouldn't even be surprised to find overspray in the fenders, on the rubber trim, etc....

I would realign the bumper myself, and do a very careful touch up on the paint.

Alot of us with 2010 have that issue. Try this, lay on your back in front of the car and look up into the top of the fog light wells. Mine is missing paint at the top of the arc/circle as if the robot did not make a full 360 while painting the well. Now that SUCKS! Let me know if you are missing paint there too.

Oh that really jumps out. I am onboard with the others on dealer repair jobs. Not a big fan.

And WTF with the fog light well? How did that not get noticed? :headscratch:

Bababouie

If you do the work yourself remember to also clear over the top of the paint. Or the paint will hold dirt and never come clean. I made this mistake on white car of mine, fixing rock chips and forgot to clear over one and it looked like crap after a few months.

Todd

Hey, Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

I was thinking the dealer would just touch it up - in which case I would just do it myself.

A little paint and clear was exactly what I was thinking.

Did not think it would be a total re-spray. But if that is the case then no I won't let them do it.

Aviator, that really sucks!

I looked at mine and there is no problem there at all.

Andy

Archived