TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here's some pics of my new baby...

Bababouie

I like those bezels. Can you tell me what's involved with installing them. In detail please? Thanks.

Here is an earlier thread on their installation.......but I have also seen a replacement lower grille with the holes already cut out (I just don't remember where I saw it right now :headscratch: )

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33850

Good thing you got white, hides dust and light dirt well. Could you imagine a Kona or Black and have to drive down that driveway every day? Oh HELL NO!!!!!

Looks good.

BTW post some pics of the seats. Nothing like that blue against that black....then again I am biast. :happy feet:

Good thing you got white, hides dust and light dirt well. Could you imagine a Kona or Black and have to drive down that driveway every day? Oh HELL NO!!!!!

Looks good.

BTW post some pics of the seats. Nothing like that blue against that black....then again I am biast. :happy feet:

Yeah, all my vehicles are white....wasn't thinking the DIRT factor...just liked it!

About 300 feet of driveway and then the 1/2 km gravel road to the main road. DOH!

I do really like the Grabber blue stripes and the seats look good too! Cheers

012.jpg033.jpg

I like those bezels. Can you tell me what's involved with installing them. In detail please? Thanks.

Hey Justin, I mentioned they are a pain because if you drill from the back, through the ducts they will not fit.

The 2010 ducts are too close to the edge of the grill!! Holes must be drilled offset about 1cm (or the width of the bezel) in from the side of the grill.

This pic shows the offset of the hole to the inlet tube. Sorry don't have backside pics.

019.jpg

I painted the inlets black as they were painted the body color and really noticeable

015.jpg

I started with the hole saw from the back to get the center of the inlet...just get the center drill bit to poke through.

Use this hole from the front as a guide to place the bezel and mark for the 2 1/4 hole. I drilled from the front...not pretty.

On hindsight, I would pull the grill off and drill from the back.

Hope this helps, definately not a plug and play job though!

Andy

Thanks for sharing the pics Bababouie! That car is SWEET!

Although as a few other people mentioned...I'd be having a heartattack driving over that dirt road everyday. AHH! I think I would lay down some pavement or artificial grass even to cushion the drive! :P

That being said...I would love to live in a rural area like that.

Thanks, yeah I hate the road and driveway...almost made me wait on buying the car.

I just have to take it out very slow... :shrug:

They are doing a lot of paving around here now, so should be good next year and will do the driveway then.

Had a snow flurry this morning too...so the season is about done.

Cheers, Andy

Archived