TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCORE!!

BobsShelbyDakota

Well, I found most of the parts I needed. I was in the local bone yard in Las Vegas going through the truck section and low and behold a Shelby Dakota! I almost did not see it as it was painted white and red and it had a camper top on the bed, no light bar. Only reason it caught my eye was the V8 decal on the front fender, no Shelby decals at all and when I popped off the fender flare you can see the decal underneath. Anyway, the wheels were there but very dirty, the Shelby wheel caps were in the bed, I also got the dual fan assembly, the speedometer, the steering wheel, the rubber CS pads for the rear bumper and the ECM. All for 150 bucks!!!!

Also got the CS engine plate under the hood but the plate on the dash was gone. The truck was white originally.

Oh happy day...

Picture%20651.jpg

Did you take a photo of the truck before you took the parts off? If you did please post it.

I did not and I felt I had better get them while I could as I have done the snooze you lose thing before, however I am going back tomorrow for the engine wiring harness and I will take pics of the truck.

Well, I found most of the parts I needed. I was in the local bone yard in Las Vegas going through the truck section and low and behold a Shelby Dakota! I almost did not see it as it was painted white and red and it had a camper top on the bed, no light bar. Only reason it caught my eye was the V8 decal on the front fender, no Shelby decals at all and when I popped off the fender flare you can see the decal underneath. Anyway, the wheels were there but very dirty, the Shelby wheel caps were in the bed, I also got the dual fan assembly, the speedometer, the steering wheel, the rubber CS pads for the rear bumper and the ECM. All for 150 bucks!!!!

Also got the CS engine plate under the hood but the plate on the dash was gone. The truck was white originally.

Oh happy day...

Picture%20651.jpg

Nice score! Did you happen to notice if it had the front airdam light assembly. The one under the front bumper. I do not know the correct name, but hopefully my description makes sense. Trey

Good Score Bob.

A couple other items to look for:

-Shelby Floor Mats

-Shelby Door Panel Inserts

-Shelby Seat Cloth

-Shelby Drink Tray Nameplate

-Shelby L&R Door Sills

-Shelby Front Grille Nameplate

-GT+4 Spare Tire

Also it never hurts to grab the trans o/d switch and any good bordeaux interior trim pieces. The o/d swithch and bordeaux interior were only used for about two years in the Dakota's.

FYI. It was truck #703 sent to Reno Dodge.

Steve

Good Score Bob.

-Shelby Floor Mats

-Shelby Seat Cloth

-Shelby L&R Door Sills

-GT+4 Spare Tire

Also it never hurts to grab the trans o/d switch and any good bordeaux interior trim pieces. The o/d swithch and bordeaux interior were only used for about two years in the Dakota's.

Steve

Steve

How do you know the number so fast! Do you know the truck or did I miss the VIN somewhere!

Neat find! I dont know anything about the Dodge Sheblys but I know finding good parts is FUN!!!

MM

Steve

How do you know the number so fast! Do you know the truck or did I miss the VIN somewhere!

Neat find! I dont know anything about the Dodge Sheblys but I know finding good parts is FUN!!!

MM

Nobody junks a Shelby Dodge without Steve knowing ;)

Bob emailed me the vin last night and because the dash plaque was missing he wanted to know the CSM #. Since the truck is now gone I posted the CSM number for future reference in the TS archives.

It wouldn't surprise us if the plaque shows up for sale on ebay so if this Shelby "resurfaces" in a few years we now have an archived record that will show the truck being junked/crushed in 10/2009.

Steve

Good Score Bob.

-Shelby Floor Mats

-Shelby Seat Cloth

-Shelby L&R Door Sills

-GT+4 Spare Tire

Steve

Steve,

I went back and took pics, I will post them soon. The parts you listed are all gone. I did get the Shelby air cleaner assembly as it was tossed a few yards from the truck. Most of the trim pieces were gone. I was going to get the steering wheel hub but I did not have a big enough socket with me. Thanks for looking up the VIN.

Bob

Wow..too bad for the truck, but a total score on your part though!

I like the white walls on the rims. :)

A little trivia.. you could also find the truck's number by subtracting the last 4 digits stamped into the Whittier engine serial number badge from the year of the truck 1989. So your engine serial number should end with 1286.

Wow..too bad for the truck, but a total score on your part though!

I like the white walls on the rims. :)

A little trivia.. you could also find the truck's number by subtracting the last 4 digits stamped into the Whittier engine serial number badge from the year of the truck 1989. So your engine serial number should end with 1286.

Wow, I did not know that and you are correct! Thanks! Here is a picture of the plate from the truck in the boneyard. Engine #1286.

Picture%20683.jpg

Steve,

If there were only 1500 built, meaning 1500 numbered engines and you subtract that from 1989, that means that the first 489 were skipped over? So the engine plaque will start at 0490 to 1988? So S/Dakota #0001 would have an engine code of KN652001988?

Too much thinking for a Sunday during halftime of the game I am watching!

Bob

Steve,

If there were only 1500 built, meaning 1500 numbered engines and you subtract that from 1989, that means that the first 489 were skipped over? So the engine plaque will start at 0490 to 1988? So S/Dakota #0001 would have an engine code of KN652001988?

Too much thinking for a Sunday during halftime of the game I am watching!

Bob

Whoa Bob! You're making my head hurt! :huh:

;) Stephen

Archived