TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 RARE Collectable!

hitman007

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rock on Burning Blue! Only you could do this for us!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that we hadn't seen one of your great spreadsheets in a while :)

Can't wait for the results.

Regards, Ian

Thanks buddy! This one is taking a while. Of course these won't be the "Final" production numbers - just up to the past week or so.

:headscratch: I'm at over 1700 Coupes built so far and I'm still not done - then I've got all the convertibles too.

Its NOT.

I was asked by Ford to fix that post. Ford also had autoblog retract the article.

Again I dont know the exact number but I thinks its more than 1500

MM

Hi Michael. Yep, for sure well over 1500 as you say.

Black w/Black top - Gray leather interior, The interior is in very good shape, top is old but have a new OEM top, paint is just too old. I had to replace the engine 3 years ago due to an unfortunate incident during the engine mount replacement (cracked block) but a new ford racing 5.0 liter is in there now, only 73,000 miles on the car and probably only 1,000 on the new motor. The spot in the garage is reserved for her return next to the new shelby. It is definitely not about a collector car as the car when it is done will probably be worth $4K-$5K but I don't think I could part with it. Lucky I married a girl who's brother owned a body shop. Pics attached.

Have a good weekend, weather here is going to suck so no shelby driving.

Regards,

Jim

Awesome Jim. Thanks for sharing the pics. Yep...those cars aren't worth a lot in terms of cash..but they still are somewhat special to me. I was in love with the '93 cobra in the teal color...I remember thinking "235 HP" WOW! hehe.

And even the you would start restoring the car (my '88 Mustang GT Vert being restored now). I would doubt many of the owners on this site would let their cars get to that point, we all seem to be a bit compulsive about condition.

Regards,

Jim

Oh man your right about that Jim. Best of luck with your '88 vert project.

Black w/Black top - Gray leather interior, The interior is in very good shape, top is old but have a new OEM top, paint is just too old. I had to replace the engine 3 years ago due to an unfortunate incident during the engine mount replacement (cracked block) but a new ford racing 5.0 liter is in there now, only 73,000 miles on the car and probably only 1,000 on the new motor. The spot in the garage is reserved for her return next to the new shelby. It is definitely not about a collector car as the car when it is done will probably be worth $4K-$5K but I don't think I could part with it. Lucky I married a girl who's brother owned a body shop. Pics attached.

th_imagejpeg_0.jpg

th_imagejpeg_2.jpg

th_ATT00036.jpg

th_ATT00052.jpg

Have a good weekend, weather here is going to suck so no shelby driving.

Regards,

Jim

Jim where r u in NY?

Its hard to get an exact number but a friend of mine at FOMOCO told me that the total number of 2010 GT500's built will be less than 1,000 cars. To put it in perspective there were 1920 Plymouth Superbirds built, 1966 Shelby Mustangs were at 2380 total, 2007 GT500's at 5,632. Also a total of 1,571 KR's for the US market. Start marking up those 2010 prices now!!!

Personally I think they aren't selling due to the 'butt ugly'. It takes more than production levels to make a car collectible. IMO the 2007-2009 will have L-T better appeal to a wider audience than the 2010+ design. Only time will tell.

AAI CAN MAKE 300-400 MUSTANGS PER 9 HR SHIFT. SO I WOULD TEND

TO DISAGREE W/THE 1,000 UNIT RUMOR. I WOULD BELIEVE THAT THE NUMBER

WILL BE CLOSER TO 3,000 UNITS ON THE GT500 COUPES AND VERT'S.

I WOULD EVEN GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT THEY WILL MAKE APPROXIMATELY

1,000 VERT'S AND 2,000 GT500. :lurk:

SCOTTY

(P.S.) I DID WORK FORD MOTOR CO FOR 17 YRS ALL ENVOLVING DIFFERENT

ASPECT OF THE MUSTANGS PRODUCTION AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.

TO DISAGREE W/THE 1,000 UNIT RUMOR. I WOULD BELIEVE THAT THE NUMBER

WILL BE CLOSER TO 3,000 UNITS ON THE GT500 COUPES AND VERT'S.

Thanks for the insight on production rates per hour, Scotty.

For sure the 1,000 and 2,000 production limit rumor can now be rejected out of hand. We've got the black and white proof to back it up. There's nearly 2,000 coupes already built as of the end of September. Production is to run through March 2010 yet.

Just something for any new buyers to have knowledge of, if a dealer should spring the 1,000 or 2,000 unit scare tactic on them.

Guys - I believe I got through all of the Coupe number variables.

I've come up with 1992 Coupes built to date.

Not sure of type of numbers we'll see for the convertibles in relation to the coupes.

your spread sheet shows around 15%.With the car being 6k more,soft supension,heavier (slower), id guess 15% at most.BTW--Im a ragtop guy,and wouldnt trade my slowr car for anything

You are the man Bill!!

No problem Ironpeddler. I don't mind doing the work for a great bunch of guys like you and others. It's going to take a while to get all the stickers renamed properly to reflect the build date, VIN, destination, and color. Maybe near the end of the week if all goes well.

I think for the most part there shouldn't be any major surprises in the breakdown. It looks like Kona Blue is the most popular color..and Grabber Blue the second...although, I recall a TON of White cars. Obviously, those people aren't on Team Shelby. As far as state distribution...I seem to recall a few states only having 1 or 2 cars. For instance, Hawaii...and North and South Dakota....lots of cars going to Canada..and Mexico too. The most prolific build month is June so far.

Personally I think they aren't selling due to the 'butt ugly'. It takes more than production levels to make a car collectible. IMO the 2007-2009 will have L-T better appeal to a wider audience than the 2010+ design. Only time will tell.

I don't know about the "butt ugly" comment. Most people are knocked out by my car. In fact, I was out at the local car wash the other day and a guy came over and just kept saying how beautiful it was. He then asked if I would hang around til he got back because he wanted to run home and get his camera to come back and take pictures of my car! That never happened to me before. To each their own as always though.

Hey, maybe they only built seven verts. That would still put us at under 2,000 :lol:

HA! Torched10 better lock that thing up good then! hehe....he could probably sell that baby for $250,000 easy! 1 of 7! Put it on ebay now!

your spread sheet shows around 15%.With the car being 6k more,soft suspension,heavier (slower), id guess 15% at most.BTW--I'm a ragtop guy,and wouldn't trade my slower car for anything

Yeah, I'm very interested to see the amount of convertibles out there. Glad you are loving that car of yours.

Just a bit of an update...I'm a third of the way through the Convertible numbers and so far only 200 cars. So figure around a mere 600 convertibles vs. 2000 coupes if the numbers stay true.

FYI : Cars are still being built next week...a few with build dates of 10-12. Just to dispel any random rumors that production has stopped.

Just a bit of an update...I'm a third of the way through the Convertible numbers and so far only 200 cars. So figure around a mere 600 convertibles vs. 2000 coupes if the numbers stay true.

FYI : Cars are still being built next week...a few with build dates of 10-12. Just to dispel any random rumors that production has stopped.

im shocked its that high.Vettes run 25%,and their image is of a ragtop.30% is very surprising,but Im sure youre right.

I don't know about the "butt ugly" comment. Most people are knocked out by my car. In fact, I was out at the local car wash the other day and a guy came over and just kept saying how beautiful it was. He then asked if I would hang around til he got back because he wanted to run home and get his camera to come back and take pictures of my car! That never happened to me before. To each their own as always though.

Don't intend to ressurect the rear end discussion BUT... I thought I'd pass along a funny story. At least it struck me as funny after all of the negative talk about the look of the 2010 rear.

So the wife took me to pick up my 2010 at the dealer on Saturday and they had a 2009 KR in the showroom sitting right beside a 2010 GT. Now the wife isn't all that into cars but she lives with me so she does pay some attention, and pretty smart when it comes to what works and what doesn't regarding styling. We're in the showroom standing behind the two cars waiting for the sales guy and out of the blue she points at the 2010 (not knowing the year, or model, etc) and says "I like that backend much better than that one". True story! And she was completely unaware that there was any kind of controversy over the new one. :hysterical: I have to admit it made me feel good to know that a totally objective party thought the 2010 was nice. Just goes to show you people have different tastes. Like arguing which tastes better, corn or green beans, when everyone knows it's broccoli. :doh:

Ford just built me a car this week! Grabber Blue coupe was produced on 10-05.

Im a numbers freak. Keep up the good work!

MM

Thanks Michael! I appreciate the kind comments. I'm sort of a numbers/statistics type person too. I just think it'll be neat to have all the stickers of the 2010 Shelbys. Though I admit.. I'll be glad once I get all these pdf files renamed! LOL! It's rather time consuming. But the end result (for now) will be nice.

im shocked its that high.Vettes run 25%,and their image is of a ragtop.30% is very surprising,but Im sure youre right.

Actually...I have a feeling the percentage might go up. Seems like there are more cars the higher the one number variable goes - this one in bold : 1ZVBP8KS0A5121015

Don't intend to ressurect the rear end discussion BUT... I thought I'd pass along a funny story. At least it struck me as funny after all of the negative talk about the look of the 2010 rear.

So the wife took me to pick up my 2010 at the dealer on Saturday and they had a 2009 KR in the showroom sitting right beside a 2010 GT. Now the wife isn't all that into cars but she lives with me so she does pay some attention, and pretty smart when it comes to what works and what doesn't regarding styling. We're in the showroom standing behind the two cars waiting for the sales guy and out of the blue she points at the 2010 (not knowing the year, or model, etc) and says "I like that backend much better than that one". True story! And she was completely unaware that there was any kind of controversy over the new one. :hysterical: I have to admit it made me feel good to know that a totally objective party thought the 2010 was nice. Just goes to show you people have different tastes. Like arguing which tastes better, corn or green beans, when everyone knows it's broccoli. :doh:

Excellent! I like that story! :)

thanks burning blue,you should print certificates up +we`ll send you the $45 .do think final total under 3000?

+ thanks for your help + acurate info on my car.(due at dealer 10/16).

Hi S/SGT500. I wish I could do the certificate thing. That would be a bit of extra cash for gas money, etc. hehe.

We won't know the final build totals til March unfortunately. But for sure we're going to go well over 3,000 easily.

Glad to hear that your car is arriving soon buddy! You're going to love that thing!

Keep Posting, thx for your work. It's interesting to know how many cars are made, and where they're going.

Hi S/SGT500. I wish I could do the certificate thing. That would be a bit of extra cash for gas money, etc. hehe.

We won't know the final build totals til March unfortunately. But for sure we're going to go well over 3,000 easily.

Glad to hear that your car is arriving soon buddy! You're going to love that thing!

BLUE are you tracking buid date and ship date as separate events??Some cars were built in March and didnt ship til July.

We have a 2010 yet to be allocated. The Mustang marketing manager stated that the 2010 Shelby GT500's would be built through December 2009. 2011 model year production will ramp up in Spring 2010.

BLUE are you tracking buid date and ship date as separate events??Some cars were built in March and didnt ship til July.

Hi Torched10. To answer your question...I'm only organizing these stickers by the build date. It would just get too complicated and a lot of the information isn't available to me to fill in all ship dates.

hi burning blue, are you keeping breakdown by state?i`m curious to see total for ny .i`m out on my route

today( i`m a mailman)i see black stripe delete 2010 gt500.1st one i`ve seen on street.car was awsome.to make a long story short.owners wife tells me her husband.bought car on line from dealer in oklahoma had it shipped last night.couldn`t find one in ny.

call cs today moved deliver to dealer on my car back again to 10/22 .car was built on 9/18.over month to ship??

hi burning blue, are you keeping breakdown by state?i`m curious to see total for ny .i`m out on my route

today( i`m a mailman)i see black stripe delete 2010 gt500.1st one i`ve seen on street.car was awsome.to make a long story short.owners wife tells me her husband.bought car on line from dealer in oklahoma had it shipped last night.couldn`t find one in ny.

call cs today moved deliver to dealer on my car back again to 10/22 .car was built on 9/18.over month to ship??

Good evening S/Sgt500.

Yep, I plan on organizing them by state too.

Just a quick scan of what I have so far organized. I see 16 cars shipped to NY. That is out of 725. I've still got 1300 stickers to label and organize. So you can figure on perhaps 45 cars to NY so far?

Some people have had long, long waits after their car was built. Don't know the factors that play into that.

Just a minor note to all about production. It's still going on as was noted by a few of the ford insiders here.

Came across a sticker with a build date of 10/19. Also it seems a lot of convertibles are rolling off the lines in September and October.

Ill bet they overforecasted demand for ragtops and are trying to use up the ragtop parts- before 2010 production ends-otherwise why would folks order ragtops when its snowing in Montana.Hope theyre not making any red ones

Archived