TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SHELBY GT500

pucky

HI EVERYONE I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT SUSPENSION ON MY 2010 GT500 HAD PLANNED FORD RACING SUSPENSION AND HAD ORDERED THROUGH A DEALER IN ONTARIO . BUT THE FORD RACING WEB SITESAYS IT DOES NOT FIT 2010 MODEL YEAR, HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM

THANKS PAUL

HI EVERYONE I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT SUSPENSION ON MY 2010 GT500 HAD PLANNED FORD RACING SUSPENSION AND HAD ORDERED THROUGH A DEALER IN ONTARIO . BUT THE FORD RACING WEB SITESAYS IT DOES NOT FIT 2010 MODEL YEAR, HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM

THANKS PAUL

Hi Pucky,

This looks like a bug in the FRPP website. Notice when you click the handling pack description link (under the 2010 MY) it brings you to the M-2007-FR3SVT description page. Looks like it should point to the P/N M-FR3-MSVT page.

I would give em a call and make sure they are sending the right part and that it fits.

DaFreak

THANKS PAUL

Hi Pucky,

I know that this is pretty confusing as the Ford Racing website seems to be in Limbo on this item, but I've been through it in spades and as far as I can figure out the only reason that the entire kit will not fit is due to the strut brace. All the other components fit correctly, and hence are listed for the 2010 separately.

I intent to buy the kit and not fit the strut brace.

That said, if you spend your money first and find out that I'm wrong,....let me know. ;)

Regards, Ian

Hi Pucky,

I know that this is pretty confusing as the Ford Racing website seems to be in Limbo on this item, but I've been through it in spades and as far as I can figure out the only reason that the entire kit will not fit is due to the strut brace. All the other components fit correctly, and hence are listed for the 2010 separately.

I intent to buy the kit and not fit the strut brace.

That said, if you spend your money first and find out that I'm wrong,....let me know. ;)

Regards, Ian

Your right. I added the FR3 suspension to my 2010 and everything fit with the exception of the strut tower brace. The brace doesn't fit due to the air intake. Ford is now selling a smaller intake for around $60. You should not have to pay for this if you purchased the supsension package. I recommend the suspension mod, the car feels incredible and looks a lot better with the lower stance.

Get it, you'll love it!

Your right. I added the FR3 suspension to my 2010 and everything fit with the exception of the strut tower brace. The brace doesn't fit due to the air intake. Ford is now selling a smaller intake for around $60. You should not have to pay for this if you purchased the supsension package. I recommend the suspension mod, the car feels incredible and looks a lot better with the lower stance.

Get it, you'll love it!

thx alot for the info also to let you know my car is at sean hyland motor sports in ontario canada getting 3.73 gears \ fr suspension \ super snake wheel pkg \ and to top it off kenne bell stage 3 with 3 in pulley 696 rwhp CANNOT WAIT . ALSO THE CAR IS RED WITH WHITE STRIPE NAV HID WHITE STRIPE INT

THANKS AGAIN

Do you know the part number?

HI GUYS FOUND OUT TODAY THAT THAT SUSPENSION DOES FIT AND THAY HAVE INSTALLED IT BEFORE ON A 2010 THE ONLY THING THAT DOES NOT FIT IS THE STRUT BRACE AND IT WOULD NOT FIT OVER THE KENNE BELL S/C ANYWAY . CAR WILL BE COMPLETED THIS FRI AND SHPPED BACK TO ME IN NOVA SCOTIA . A FEW SHORT DRIVES AND AWAY FOR THE WINTER.BLAHHHHHHHH

thx alot for the info also to let you know my car is at sean hyland motor sports in ontario canada getting 3.73 gears \ fr suspension \ super snake wheel pkg \ and to top it off kenne bell stage 3 with 3 in pulley 696 rwhp CANNOT WAIT . ALSO THE CAR IS RED WITH WHITE STRIPE NAV HID WHITE STRIPE INT

THANKS AGAIN

I was going to go with the KB but did not want to lower the engine or cut the hood. Let me know how that pans out for you.

I was going to go with the KB but did not want to lower the engine or cut the hood. Let me know how that pans out for you.

HI

I WAS TOLD BY SEAN HYLAND THAT NO MODS HAVE TO BE DONE TO FIT THE KENNE BELL .ALSO THE KB WEB SITE STATES THE SAME .HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS ISSUE WITH A KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER????

HI

I WAS TOLD BY SEAN HYLAND THAT NO MODS HAVE TO BE DONE TO FIT THE KENNE BELL .ALSO THE KB WEB SITE STATES THE SAME .HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS ISSUE WITH A KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER????

Pucky - I would really like to know how this works out for you. As you can see from my previous post that there is a lot of controversy with the KB SS. I really hope that you do not have to MOD anything as I would really like to go with this part.

Thanks in advance and let me know.

Pucky - I would really like to know how this works out for you. As you can see from my previous post that there is a lot of controversy with the KB SS. I really hope that you do not have to MOD anything as I would really like to go with this part.

Thanks in advance and let me know.

aviator -i spoke to shawn today . he confirmed my statement . he has not cut my hood , he has fabricated the motor mount to lower the engine a little bit over a half an inch . and he has done this to several cars that he has installed the k/b with no issues he also stated that the 2010 hood is a little lower than the 2009.when i get the car back next week i will take some pictures.

###ps the ss has no issues as the hood is higher

thanks paul

aviator -i spoke to shawn today . he confirmed my statement . he has not cut my hood , he has fabricated the motor mount to lower the engine a little bit over a half an inch . and he has done this to several cars that he has installed the k/b with no issues he also stated that the 2010 hood is a little lower than the 2009.when i get the car back next week i will take some pictures.

###ps the ss has no issues as the hood is higher

thanks paul

Ah yes, there it is. :D The engine does have to be lowered. Granted it is only a half a inch but still lowered. I guess another option is to go with a different hood. Thank you very much for asking and yes please do provide some pics. I would love to see. I am personally trying to decide between the KB and the TVS. (Sorry to have hijacked your thread).

Get it, you'll love it!

Getting it;

Having the FR3 handling pack fitted tomorrow with the exception of the strut brace! My Dealer told me that the new strut brace should be available in approx 1 month, and at that time he will fit that for me.

:happy feet:

I can't wait to have the stance fixed on this car. Ohh Soooo many people have mentioned to me that the cars ride height looks odd that it is really starting to wear me down.......At least I'll have its looks sorted, even if there is only a precious few of weeks driving before winter :(

Regards, Ian

Getting it;

Having the FR3 handling pack fitted tomorrow with the exception of the strut brace! My Dealer told me that the new strut brace should be available in approx 1 month, and at that time he will fit that for me.

I can't wait to have the stance fixed on this car. Ohh Soooo many people have mentioned to me that the cars ride height looks odd that it is really starting to wear me down.......At least I'll have its looks sorted, even if there is only a precious few of weeks driving before winter :(

Regards, Ian

good luck with your suspension hope you rec good compliments , by the way what is the labour for install

thanks paul

hey ian how did you make out with your susp upgrade and also did you get pan hard bar adjustable and also did you get an align

thanks paul

Hi Paul,

Liberated my car from the Shelby off-road owners club and had my car fitted with the FR3 kit on Thursday of last week.

I had a 4 wheel alignment completed, but did not get the adjustable panhard rod - you can see that the drivers side rear wheel is closer to the bodywork than the passenger side, but it doesn't really bother me. I had a 07 GT with the lowering completed by springs only, and it was fine without the adjustable panhard rod. That said, I may go for the adjustable rod sometime in the future as it does bug me a little now that I've checked and noticed for it.

One thing that's a pleasant surprise with the suspension kit is that the ride doesn't really seem any harsher than before - I know that the dampers are adjustable so I may crank them up a little at the weekend just to get it a little stiffer. it also seems a lot more stable at Autobahn speeds - if you know what I mean ;)

One bizarre thing that I noticed is that it definitely makes the wheels appear smaller...............

Best regards, Ian

Hi Paul,

Liberated my car from the Shelby off-road owners club and had my car fitted with the FR3 kit on Thursday of last week.

I had a 4 wheel alignment completed, but did not get the adjustable panhard rod - you can see that the drivers side rear wheel is closer to the bodywork than the passenger side, but it doesn't really bother me. I had a 07 GT with the lowering completed by springs only, and it was fine without the adjustable panhard rod. That said, I may go for the adjustable rod sometime in the future as it does bug me a little now that I've checked and noticed for it.

One thing that's a pleasant surprise with the suspension kit is that the ride doesn't really seem any harsher than before - I know that the dampers are adjustable so I may crank them up a little at the weekend just to get it a little stiffer. it also seems a lot more stable at Autobahn speeds - if you know what I mean ;)

One bizarre thing that I noticed is that it definitely makes the wheels appear smaller...............

Best regards, Ian

An adjustable panhard bar is a good addition whenever you lower the car to center the rearend plus they don't cost that much and it's easy to install. I agree these cars look way better lowered with the Ford Racing parts. I just lowered the rear for now but I still have to install the front springs.

adjuster.jpg

Archived