TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rock Chip prevention

OldSchool

Any recommendations out there for this. I do not want to put a bra on the front of my shelby.

Have heard of a clear film kit from 3M but not sure if this damages the paint or yellows over time.

Anyone have experience with this?

actually dropping my car off tomorrow to have a venture shield clear bra put on. was searching on this subject quite a bit on a couple forums and it seems that everyone that has had this put on there car say they will never buy a new car again without putting one of these on.

heres an old video Grabber made of his. http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/Gra...7-VID000011.flv

also, just saw this last night http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4389

I have a clear bra on the complete front end of my GT500, complete front bumper, front portion of both fenders & front portion of the hood.

I was skeptical the first time I got one on my Mustang GT, but after time, I became a huge believer in them. Here in Atlanta, whether I like it or not, I have to use the interstate...and the clear bra has definitely saved my front end from bugs & rocks.

From what I can tell, the key is to make sure your installer knows what the heck they are doing.

I was told 3-4 hours but its going to be a custom install as there isnt a kit for the 2010 yet. they said custom installs are much better then kits anyways.

there are several "kits" out there. mine is from proform (https://store.proformdesign.com/Articles.asp?ID=136) and it not only fits like a glove, but covers every square inch of the areas it's protecting

mine took about 2-3 hours. the hood and fenders were nothing, but the front bumper being 3 separate pieces (front part of bumper, top of bumper & pillars next to the headlights) takes alittle longer, because they have to match up all the seams

Old School,

Having the 3m clear bra put on my car on Monday. A couple of guys in my office have it on their cars (porsche/audi) and you don't really notice it unless your looking for it and the audi was done about 5-6 years ago. As some of the guys have already said, a lot of people on these forums swear by it.

Regards,

Jim

Clear bra looks almost invisible on black however, don't put over satin stripes. The stripes will gloss up and will disappear. My bra was done in many pieces to apply without going over the stripes.

Love the stuff and bugs are easier to clean off...

Clear bra looks almost invisible on black however, don't put over satin stripes. The stripes will gloss up and will disappear. My bra was done in many pieces to apply without going over the stripes.

Love the stuff and bugs are easier to clean off...

cool. yeah the guy already said they will be cutting the bra at the edge of my stripes and then putting a piece in between them.

When I take the car in on Monday, they will be covering the whole hood except for the stripes, so there will be no line halfway up the hood. I am very nervous about it as I have never had it on any of my cars, then again I have never had a car without rock chips eventually.

Regards,

Jim

Archived