TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory or Upgrade Mirror with Homelink?

DaFreak

how great would this be. I was surprised to see that I did not have homelink buttons. Sucks I had to break out the garage door remote, find batteries, program....ect.

And I now have to clip it to my sun visor :headscratch: Thought those days were over...?

My sentiments exactly T! I thought Genex made these mirrors so maybe I will give them a call to see what's up.

You want Ford part number 4L3Z-17700-BA for the one with homelink, compass and thermometer. There are other combinations.

Here is my topic in the install

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...homelink+mirror

Ohooooo that sound a lot of work - especially as I already have the compass and a temp gauge in the Nav system.

All I would like is a new mirror with the Homelink system. Do you know if there a mirror with just the Homelink system that I could add? :headscratch: Sounds like the install would be pretty easy, as I could just take the power from the wires already in close proximity to the mirror.

Thanks, Ian

I wanted to add Homelink to my 2010 GT500 and ordered what I thought was the correct Gentex mirror with Homelink. However, after removing the factory mirror I realized that there is a sensor for the compass that displays on the factory radio as well as a microphone for the bluetooth. I plan to contact autodimmingmirrors.com to inquire if they sell a mirror that has the compass sensor, microphone and Homelink. I'll post the response but wanted to advise others of the additional features so the 2010 owners don't repeat my mistake.

I wanted to add Homelink to my 2010 GT500 and ordered what I thought was the correct Gentex mirror with Homelink. However, after removing the factory mirror I realized that there is a sensor for the compass that displays on the factory radio as well as a microphone for the bluetooth. I plan to contact autodimmingmirrors.com to inquire if they sell a mirror that has the compass sensor, microphone and Homelink. I'll post the response but wanted to advise others of the additional features so the 2010 owners don't repeat my mistake.

Thanks Youngbull, good catch! Please be sure let us know how you get on. If you can sort this for me, I will be eternally grateful!... :salute: ......oh yeah,…and if by chance you happen to come across a mirror with homelink, a microphone, and a sunglass holder don’t keep that to yourself either!...JK.... :doh:

I know it sounds a bit out of proportion, but when things like this aren’t there to give you what you want, no matter how good the actual car is, it can really drive you crazy.........

Ohooooo that sound a lot of work - especially as I already have the compass and a temp gauge in the Nav system.

All I would like is a new mirror with the Homelink system. Do you know if there a mirror with just the Homelink system that I could add? :headscratch: Sounds like the install would be pretty easy, as I could just take the power from the wires already in close proximity to the mirror.

Thanks, Ian

Yes, there is a self-dimming mirror with only homelink. I'm thinking of putting one in my truck.

As a follow up to my post on Saturday, I spoke to Jason at Autodimmingmirrors.com regarding the availability of a mirror that offers all the features of the factory 2010 mirror (auto-dim, internal microphone for SYNC, and compass sensor), and adds Homelink buttons. Unfortunately, the short answer is NO. Jason stated that they were unaware of the compass sensor being included within the factory mirror on 2010. Additionally, the mircrophone is not available with Homelink. You can remove the supporting circuit board and microphone from the factory mirror and install it in the overhead housing that contains the map lights. For me, that is more of a task than I want to pursue, and you would still have the issue of no compass sensor for the radio displayed compass. So for those of us with a 2010 it appears that there is not yet a mirror offering the stock features while adding Homelink. Hopefully, one is in the works. Meanwhile, I am going to pursue the installation of Homelink buttons in the overhead maplight housing. A forum member did a great post on his installation and it looks very clean. Autodimmingmirrors.com was very helpful and responsive, and they are issuing a return authorization for the GENK40A mirror I purchased. Hope this helps others avoid my dissappointment. The good news is I was able to remove the rearview mirror fairly easy using a spooned tire iron for motorcycles.

Regards Kurt

As a follow up to my post on Saturday, I spoke to Jason at Autodimmingmirrors.com regarding the availability of a mirror that offers all the features of the factory 2010 mirror (auto-dim, internal microphone for SYNC, and compass sensor), and adds Homelink buttons. Unfortunately, the short answer is NO. Jason stated that they were unaware of the compass sensor being included within the factory mirror on 2010. Additionally, the mircrophone is not available with Homelink. You can remove the supporting circuit board and microphone from the factory mirror and install it in the overhead housing that contains the map lights. For me, that is more of a task than I want to pursue, and you would still have the issue of no compass sensor for the radio displayed compass. So for those of us with a 2010 it appears that there is not yet a mirror offering the stock features while adding Homelink. Hopefully, one is in the works. Meanwhile, I am going to pursue the installation of Homelink buttons in the overhead maplight housing. A forum member did a great post on his installation and it looks very clean. Autodimmingmirrors.com was very helpful and responsive, and they are issuing a return authorization for the GENK40A mirror I purchased. Hope this helps others avoid my dissappointment. The good news is I was able to remove the rearview mirror fairly easy using a spooned tire iron for motorcycles.

Regards Kurt

Thanks for the followup Kurt. You certainly saved me a bunch of time and headaches. Let us know how the overhead maplight homelink install goes too (part numbers, do’s don’ts etc.)

Regards,

DaFreak

Archived