TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very Poor Dealer Experience

jcthorne

In other posts I had related that my GT500 was delivered to my selling dealer with a defective radiator. It was noted during PDI and entered in OASIS. I was given a printout of the OASIS report with the trouble and diagnosis clearly spelled out and a replacement radiator called out. Was told to take the car to my dealer back home and get it replaced. The selling dealer was more than willing to replace but a new radiator was several days away and I was away from home picking up the car.

Took the GT500 to Tomball Ford on Sat morning. Things started to look bad when the conversation between the service writer and service manager in a back room went something like: "Do we have to work on SVT cars?, "Yeah, since we sold Shelbys we are supposed to service them", "Guy out front as one he bought from out of town and says radiator is bad".

Anyway, I knew they would likely not have the radiator in stock or even in town, just wanted them to order one and I would come back when they had it. No way. Service writer would not have anything to do with the OASIS report and could not "find' a mechanic with the 'spare time' to walk up to the service drive. Said I would have to leave the car with them and they would get to it and TEST it next week sometime. Suggested if I was one of their customers that they might have been able to pull a mechanic off a job to look now but I would need to wait my turn. They made it very clear they really did not want to work on my car and wanted me to leave and go elsewhere. This is a certified Shelby dealer and PA winner? As I have said before. Its just a game and those 'ratings' mean nothing but the dealer best able to twist the numbers in thier favor.

Now I need to tell you folks that in the last 20 years I have bought 9 new Fords from Tomball. Had less than stellar experience with their service department but I live just a couple miles away.

I politely explained that leaving the car so thier tech could find the time to test the car next week was not what I had in mind, Service writer REFUSED to order the radiator, said it would have to wait its turn, and then wait on parts to arrive.

I left, did some other things like get the windows tinted and then took the car to LoneStar Ford across town. Never been to that dealer for service but the difference so far is amazing. They made a copy of the OASIS report, called a mechanic up to look the car over and ordered the new radiator to be here later in the week and will set an appointment when it comes in for me to wait while it is installed. Very nice and professional so far.

There is no excuse for the way I was treated at TOMBALL Ford and indeed they need to be publicly noted for that type of behavior. Ford's service departments are a major reason they are in such a financial bind. I love the car but dread having to deal with a dealership service department. Yes, I dread going back to LoneStar for the actual R&R but at least they are trying and seemed to sence my apprehension over leaving this car with strangers.

Thats what I was thinking after all the negative publicity they've gotten around here.

All the negative publicity around here almost kept me from giving them a try. I will follow up and let you guys know how things go with the install. I am hopeful.

"Its just a car........Its just a car........Its just a car" maybe I will believe it by then.

I live in Tomball and will never do business with Tomball ford again. I bought a F150 from them a few years ago and when I got home with the truck I climbed up in the bed of the truck to measure for a toolbox and I saw there was hail damage on the top of the cab that they did not disclose. I took the truck back and they bought it back and I looked at other trucks and they were all hail damaged with no disclosure. It is hard to notice when the trucks are dirty, but when I wiped off the dirt I could see the damage on top of the cabs.

Their service dept leaves a lot to be desired. I have tried them and have not been impressed.

I do business with Lawrence Marshall in Hempstead now. Great people and a excellent service dept.

We would be glad to help you get the "R&R" expedited.

Give myself (Scott Stubbs) or Andre Gerard (aka ratnacage at stangsunleashed) a call 281-931-3335 or email fordgtx@gmail.com

and we can make sure everything gets handled smooth. Also, If you need a vehicle to use while we do the service we can set you up.

Yours is the Vista Blue w/ tungsten stripes? Sweet combo..

respectfully,

lonestarford

www.fordgr.com

www.lonestarford.com

www.myspace.com/lonestarford

All the negative publicity around here almost kept me from giving them a try. I will follow up and let you guys know how things go with the install. I am hopeful.

"Its just a car........Its just a car........Its just a car" maybe I will believe it by then.

Our service department has one of the highest customer satisfaction rating in the state and their "fix it right the first time" rating is equally as high (over 95% last I checked).

In other posts I had related that my GT500 was delivered to my selling dealer with a defective radiator. It was noted during PDI and entered in OASIS. I was given a printout of the OASIS report with the trouble and diagnosis clearly spelled out and a replacement radiator called out. Was told to take the car to my dealer back home and get it replaced. The selling dealer was more than willing to replace but a new radiator was several days away and I was away from home picking up the car.

Took the GT500 to Tomball Ford on Sat morning. Things started to look bad when the conversation between the service writer and service manager in a back room went something like: "Do we have to work on SVT cars?, "Yeah, since we sold Shelbys we are supposed to service them", "Guy out front as one he bought from out of town and says radiator is bad".

Anyway, I knew they would likely not have the radiator in stock or even in town, just wanted them to order one and I would come back when they had it. No way. Service writer would not have anything to do with the OASIS report and could not "find' a mechanic with the 'spare time' to walk up to the service drive. Said I would have to leave the car with them and they would get to it and TEST it next week sometime. Suggested if I was one of their customers that they might have been able to pull a mechanic off a job to look now but I would need to wait my turn. They made it very clear they really did not want to work on my car and wanted me to leave and go elsewhere. This is a certified Shelby dealer and PA winner? As I have said before. Its just a game and those 'ratings' mean nothing but the dealer best able to twist the numbers in thier favor.

Now I need to tell you folks that in the last 20 years I have bought 9 new Fords from Tomball. Had less than stellar experience with their service department but I live just a couple miles away.

I politely explained that leaving the car so thier tech could find the time to test the car next week was not what I had in mind, Service writer REFUSED to order the radiator, said it would have to wait its turn, and then wait on parts to arrive.

I left, did some other things like get the windows tinted and then took the car to LoneStar Ford across town. Never been to that dealer for service but the difference so far is amazing. They made a copy of the OASIS report, called a mechanic up to look the car over and ordered the new radiator to be here later in the week and will set an appointment when it comes in for me to wait while it is installed. Very nice and professional so far.

There is no excuse for the way I was treated at TOMBALL Ford and indeed they need to be publicly noted for that type of behavior. Ford's service departments are a major reason they are in such a financial bind. I love the car but dread having to deal with a dealership service department. Yes, I dread going back to LoneStar for the actual R&R but at least they are trying and seemed to sence my apprehension over leaving this car with strangers.

Working for a Ford store ... I cant believe some stores still operate that way. First and foremost you ARE a customer .. at least a service customer. Ford Motor Co tells its dealers that by keeping its customers at their stores for service .. quick lube etc. Statistics shows undeniable prrof that by keeping your customers in your service/quick lube shop dramtically improves the probablity that when you are in need of your next ford .. guess who your going to buy it from ???

They must not have gotten that bulletin along with the bulletin on how to treat ALL customers properly. As you stated with your second visit to another store .. how night and day difference it was.

I aplogize as a Ford manager that you were treated that way. Its not acceptable at our store nor should it be at any store.

don d

Contacting the regional rep would definitely make a difference - especially if they were also told about how stories like this spread in the "information age"

This really makes me mad.Who is going to notify the Regional Zone Rep. With the details. I am on good communication terms with the NW Region Rep. but this is a total different territory. Someone needs to report this. Can someone PM the Rep. contact info to the car owner so he could do it?????

We would be glad to help you get the "R&R" expedited.

Give myself (Scott Stubbs) or Andre Gerard (aka ratnacage at stangsunleashed) a call 281-931-3335 or email fordgtx@gmail.com

and we can make sure everything gets handled smooth. Also, If you need a vehicle to use while we do the service we can set you up.

Yours is the Vista Blue w/ tungsten stripes? Sweet combo..

respectfully,

lonestarford

www.fordgr.com

www.lonestarford.com

www.myspace.com/lonestarford

Thank you both for your concern. So far everything has been done as well as I could have hoped. Yes mine is the Blue with Tungsten stripes. Currently working with Service Writer Richard Peters and he has been most helpful. Awaiting on the radiator to arrive. So far, no 'additional help' is really needed. Things are going smoothly but I really appreciate knowing I have someone to call on if needed and that the repair will be handled professionally.

I will report back here on how this goes after the R&R service visit so others will know.

Grabber- If I knew the contact information to send this to within Ford, I should do so. Guess I have already burned any bridges with Tomball Ford that might still have been standing.

Sad deal really, years ago before Tom Keating and Joe Sebestia (former owner and GM that I knew well and dealt directly with) retired the dealership was a very different place.

Thanks guys for all the support.

Thank you both for your concern. So far everything has been done as well as I could have hoped. Yes mine is the Blue with Tungsten stripes. Currently working with Service Writer Richard Peters and he has been most helpful. Awaiting on the radiator to arrive. So far, no 'additional help' is really needed. Things are going smoothly but I really appreciate knowing I have someone to call on if needed and that the repair will be handled professionally.

I will report back here on how this goes after the R&R service visit so others will know.

Grabber- If I knew the contact information to send this to within Ford, I should do so. Guess I have already burned any bridges with Tomball Ford that might still have been standing.

Sad deal really, years ago before Tom Keating and Joe Sebestia (former owner and GM that I knew well and dealt directly with) retired the dealership was a very different place.

Thanks guys for all the support.

The region .. dealer principal or the GM of the store need to know about this. This is not typical of how any dealership works. If the facts are what they are ... than this store has serious issues and they need to be addressed

dond

JR, If no one in your area can find out the contact information for the Reg.Zone Rep. In your area let me know.I would think that one of our dealer members would PM you with that info. If this does not happen, let me know. I will then ask my NW contact for the information so you can report this Ford dealership.

JR, If no one in your area can find out the contact information for the Reg.Zone Rep. In your area let me know.I would think that one of our dealer members would PM you with that info. If this does not happen, let me know. I will then ask my NW contact for the information so you can report this Ford dealership.

Regional info pm'd

By the way, just by coincidence, we had a customer in here yesterday saying how horrible Tomball Ford service was - his experience was from 2 years ago! Sounds like nothing has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick follow up. Radiator is on hand at LoneStar and dropped the car off last night on the way home. They are installing this morning. Richard was very understanding of my concerns, they parked the car in the serviceman's bay so he could start on it first thing this morning. I brought it last night as I know I would prefer to remove a radiator from a cool car to one that had been just driven.

Andre met me on the service drive and was asking how things were going. Don't know if I can stand all the kindness. Things look good so far, I really appreciate the extra efforts to make me feel good leaving my new car with them.

Just FYI, saw Andre's GT last night. Nice ride, a real looker with the chrome Ford GT wheels. He's a car guy alright. Andre, who's CAI did you tell me that was? I like the intake from in front of the radiator rather than the engine compartment. That will really make a diffence here in Houston come summer. Perhaps they can make something similar for the GT500.

James

Just FYI, saw Andre's GT last night. Nice ride, a real looker with the chrome Ford GT wheels. He's a car guy alright. Andre, who's CAI did you tell me that was? I like the intake from in front of the radiator rather than the engine compartment. That will really make a diffence here in Houston come summer. Perhaps they can make something similar for the GT500.

James

Sounds like the WMS front-mounted CAI. I've read quite a lot of good about this kit and am considering it for my 07 GT.

It was great meeting you James. Much nicer to put human face to otherwise annonymous experiences on the net...love your car's color combo.

Yes, I have the WMS intake. I had a regular "CAI" (the usual angled left type) before that. After installing the WMS and retuning it, output went from 293 rwhp to 306 rwhp (corrected SAE), so I'm definitely a believer in that intake now.

I did a customer's car with the WMS, Ford Racing mufflers, and a custom tune and gained 30 rwhp on an automatic car.

WMS is the shizz.

My tuner guru is also the shizz^2

OK, last time on the radiator thing. Just to let everyone know. I picked up my Shelby this afternoon from LoneStar. Radiator has been replaced and cooling system tested. It is obvious from looking around under the hood that the mechanic that did the work took his time and pride in his work. Things are lined up properly and not a grease smudge anywhere. Engine compartment was cleaner than when I dropped it off as most of the spots from the coolant leak were now gone. Car looks like it should have on delivery day.

Thanks everyone for your concern and assistance in turning a poor situation into an opprotunity. I will be back to LoneStar for other work when needed, really worth the drive.

I'll keep an eye out for the WMS intake, thing the front intake is worth the trouble. Especially on this supercharged car in Houston heat. Hope they get to work on one.

Archived