TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ordered a 2010 shelby yesterday

petrong1186

I went to a dealership with an open allocation and ordered a 2010 Shelby (black/silver, HID, nav). guy said there is a 50/50 chance it gets built as a 2010...said if not it would be pushed to a 2011.

anyway the waiting game begins... i had figured six months before i talked to the dealer and he kinda confirmed that notion.

will be passing the time with the informative people at this forum.

thanks to everyone here for the helpful posts

dan

I went to a dealership with an open allocation and ordered a 2010 Shelby (black/silver, HID, nav). guy said there is a 50/50 chance it gets built as a 2010...said if not it would be pushed to a 2011.

anyway the waiting game begins... i had figured six months before i talked to the dealer and he kinda confirmed that notion.

dan

same clor and options I have. You will love it !!!!!

dan

Dan, your getting the exact same car I am suppose to receive any day now. From the pictures I have seen the look should be nothing short of awesome. :drool:

Hope your order gets pulled this year. Do you know if your dealer has allocation for the 2010 or the 2011? If it is for the 2010 I would assume that is what you would get.

sold my 07 6 months ago was sad to see it go then had 09 srt8 challenger,i did not like to start with but really grew on me .I even managed to get the navigation working here in the uk.But have now parted with the dodge for 2010 sterling grey hope iv made the right decision spent 2 days spraying axle prop and wax oiling no need for that on the dodge.Does any one know if i will be able to get the navigation altered.

I went to a dealership with an open allocation ....... i had figured six months before i talked to the dealer and he kinda confirmed that notion.

dan

Dan,

This does sound a little strange to me if the dealer actually had an open allocation for a 2010. I would think that he either has an open allocation or he doesn't, and if he does he will submit the order and Ford will respond with a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) once/if they agree to accept the order and build the car. As far as I know, once you have the DORA, this is Ford's commitment to build the car, and you're going to get your Shelby.

If he doesn't have an open allocation, then indeed 6 months may be the time you are waiting before you hear anything.

One of the guys on here associated with a dealership may know more/different. Does anyone else think that this sounds normal?

Regards, Ian

Dan,

This does sound a little strange to me if the dealer actually had an open allocation for a 2010. I would think that he either has an open allocation or he doesn't, and if he does he will submit the order and Ford will respond with a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) once/if they agree to accept the order and build the car. As far as I know, once you have the DORA, this is Ford's commitment to build the car, and you're going to get your Shelby.

If he doesn't have an open allocation, then indeed 6 months may be the time you are waiting before you hear anything.

One of the guys on here associated with a dealership may know more/different. Does anyone else think that this sounds normal?

Regards, Ian

the way he explained it to me is that he has 3 allocations over two years. he had already used one this year so he has two left over two years. also said something about paying $4500 for those allocations.

i have no reason to believe he is 'distorting the truth' about anything he said. obviously, getting one of these cars is the outcome i would most love to see. but if it doesnt happen then its not meant to be. at the end of the day its a $50,000 toy that i would love to have but dont need to have (insert obligatory sunglasses wearing smiley face here)

the way he explained it to me is that he has 3 allocations over two years. he had already used one this year so he has two left over two years. also said something about paying $4500 for those allocations.

Sounds Kosher, Dan. It just wasn't my experience :wacko:

Just for you: :shades:

Let us know how it goes. Best regards, Ian

i have no reason to believe he is 'distorting the truth' about anything he said. obviously, getting one of these cars is the outcome i would most love to see. but if it doesnt happen then its not meant to be. at the end of the day its a $50,000 toy that i would love to have but dont need to have (insert obligatory sunglasses wearing smiley face here)

The enrollment fee for 2010 and 2011 model years is $2,000. Not $2,00 per year. $2,000 for both 2010 AND 2011. It guarantees at least 1 allocation for each model year. 2010 allocations are all distributed from what I understand. 2011 allocations are not available as yet, other than the 1 for paying the $2,000 fee. Not sure where the dealers claims to have 3 over 2 years (unless he's already received 2 2010s and is counting the one 2011) or where the $4,500 is coming from.

Dan,

Regards, Ian

Having the DORA does not mean the unit will be produced. As its name implies, Ford is only acknowledging that they received your order. I could submit orders 24/7/365 and receive a DORA on every one. Without allocation (and the correct commodities), the order means nothing to Ford. All is good once the order is submitted to plant and assigned a VIN.

As I've posted elsewhere, 2010 model year Shelby GT500's will be produced through December 2009. 2011 model year production will resume Spring 2010.

Finally, henrycp's discussion of the enrollment fee/allocation is spot on.

As I've posted elsewhere, 2010 model year Shelby GT500's will be produced through December 2009. 2011 model year production will resume Spring 2010.

Do you disagree with this memo then? http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48482

I'm seeing that it states cars will be built til 3-12-2010. :headscratch:

Having the DORA does not mean the unit will be produced. As its name implies, Ford is only acknowledging that they received your order. I could submit orders 24/7/365 and receive a DORA on every one. Without allocation (and the correct commodities), the order means nothing to Ford. All is good once the order is submitted to plant and assigned a VIN.

My bad Will. Only what I thought from my experience when I ordered and this forum. Thanks for the amendment; DORA first - which as far as I know is Ford's receipt acknowledgement and commitment to build the car, you just don't know when if the dealer does not have an open allocation. If so, when an allocation opens up, your in ;)

Thanks, Ian

Do you disagree with this memo then? http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48482

I'm seeing that it states cars will be built til 3-12-2010. :headscratch:

My comments are based on correspondence with the Mustang marketing manager. She stated that 2010 Shelby GT500 production would continue through December 2009 then "take a few months off before the 2011 starts production." The zone managers are also asking that dealers with allocation remaining get their orders in as soon as possible. Based on my discussions with other area dealers (all with remaining allocation), once the order is submitted, it is being picked up very quickly. Non-Shelby 2010 Mustangs will balance out in March 2010 as stated in your referenced memo.

My comments are based on correspondence with the Mustang marketing manager. She stated that 2010 Shelby GT500 production would continue through December 2009 then "take a few months off before the 2011 starts production." The zone managers are also asking that dealers with allocation remaining get their orders in as soon as possible. Based on my discussions with other area dealers (all with remaining allocation), once the order is submitted, it is being picked up very quickly. Non-Shelby 2010 Mustangs will balance out in March 2010 as stated in your referenced memo.

Thanks for the info WillSD. That's good in a way since I'll be able to get the final window stickers then at the end of this year instead of waiting til Spring.

Archived