TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front lower control arm bushing failure

Have been having loud crunching sound when going over speed bumps, etc. and suspension articulates. Carried in to dealer ('07 GT 500 with only 6271 miles). Found front lower control arm bushings had separated. They had to replace both lower arms with an "upgraded" set. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have been having loud crunching sound when going over speed bumps, etc. and suspension articulates. Carried in to dealer ('07 GT 500 with only 6271 miles). Found front lower control arm bushings had separated. They had to replace both lower arms with an "upgraded" set. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can you give us the part#'s on the upgraded set?

Is your car lowered or at stock height?

Can you give a more detailed discription of the noise? When it happens, etc... ?

The best way to describe the noise is like a loud "scrunch" sound, like metal rubbing together. Mine was most noticable when turning hard to the left or right and the suspension articulating up and down going over uneven pavement.

Sorry to take so long in getting this info put up, but it's been busy around here.

Service advisor stated it was covered under TSB 07-23-1 and covered cars built before 28 Feb. 2007.

TSB 07-23-1 applies to the 2005-2007 Mustangs 4.0L/4.6L with a build date before 2/28/2007.

Here are the parts called out on the TSB:

7R3Z-3078-A Arm Assembly-Front Suspension - RH

7R3Z-3079-A Arm Assembly-Front Suspension - LH

I understand the GT500 uses a different LCA than the Mustang. Do the replacement part numbers from your invoice match these?

Here are the LCAs for the GT500.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9632

TSB 07-23-1 applies to the 2005-2007 Mustangs 4.0L/4.6L with a build date before 2/28/2007.

Here are the parts called out on the TSB:

7R3Z-3078-A Arm Assembly-Front Suspension - RH

7R3Z-3079-A Arm Assembly-Front Suspension - LH

I understand the GT500 uses a different LCA than the Mustang. Do the replacement part numbers from your invoice match these?

Here are the LCAs for the GT500.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9632

Yes, he explained that the TSB upgrades the control arm on the GT (see the statement in the FRPP ad you quote) to the GT 500 spec ones and he used this fact to replace mine without a lot of hassle from Ford; apparently Ford is aware of the problem and is less than happy with having to replace them. My 3 year warranty was due to run out in a couple of days and he was tring to help me out; correct parts for my car, no questions asked! My dealer goes the extra mile!

Yes, he explained that the TSB upgrades the control arm on the GT (see the statement in the FRPP ad you quote) to the GT 500 spec ones and he used this fact to replace mine without a lot of hassle from Ford; apparently Ford is aware of the problem and is less than happy with having to replace them. My 3 year warranty was due to run out in a couple of days and he was tring to help me out; correct parts for my car, no questions asked! My dealer goes the extra mile!

Makes Sense - glad all is well now.

Archived