TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADM Still Biting Me

mastersmech1

I just recieved my personal property tax bill with my vehicle assessed at 60k. The tax assessors office says its based on the dealers reportings to DMV and thats who has to straiten it out. Why the he!! should I continue to pay for the greed of that damn dealer? Shouldn't it be based on worth and not the dealers percieved worth. They said there was no 2007 NADA info out yet so thats all they could go by. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

I just recieved my personal property tax bill with my vehicle assessed at 60k. The tax assessors office says its based on the dealers reportings to DMV and thats who has to straiten it out. Why the he!! should I continue to pay for the greed of that damn dealer? Shouldn't it be based on worth and not the dealers percieved worth. They said there was no 2007 NADA info out yet so thats all they could go by. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Maybe the dealer thought he wanted to buy one before he knew what the info was going to be used for & just out of habit said 60k?

Following that logic, should ADM's be considered...some sort of non-refundable deposit? Why would the ADM be shown on the final paperwork? Did you pay sales tax on the $12k over sticker? Couldn't the ADM be listed as some sort of aquisition fee?

I'm sure no one expects to have an ADM affect selling price if one ever chooses to sell.

But - the property tax issue is just wrong.

I'm sure that will get worked out.

What does KBB list as the value of a Shelby vert?

I predict this will come back and stick it to the greedy dealers. Go to your townehall with the Ford suggested retail price for your vechicle that should help

Let's see, 140 plus posts. It's time

vechicle :redcard:

vechace :redcard:

tricycle :redcard:

bicycle :redcard:

vecycle :redcard:

vehicle :hyper:

Blame it on SCGT :hysterical2:

ADM's scare me for that and many other reasons. If you total the car, what does the insurance pay? If the gets stolen, what will the insurance pay? If the car is a lemon what will Ford pay? I think you are screwed :ohsnap:

I guess if you are paying the ADM, you ought to be able to bankroll the issues you've mentioned without financial ruin. If not, tough sh!t. :finger:

Let's see, 140 plus posts. It's time

vechicle :redcard:

vechace :redcard:

tricycle :redcard:

bicycle :redcard:

vecycle :redcard:

vehicle :hyper:

Blame it on SCGT :hysterical2:

Yes thats it Blame it on SCGT His key board is infecting my spellcheck

Not bad carnut, it only took you 140 plus post to ruined my night, I'll be very uptight typing now. J/K

ADM's scare me for that and many other reasons. If you total the car, what does the insurance pay? If the gets stolen, what will the insurance pay? If the car is a lemon what will Ford pay? I think you are screwed :ohsnap:

Gap insurance is peanuts, check with Farmers. Stuff happens. I do not appreciate you telling members here that they are screwed. Have some tact would ya.

Currenty market value of a low mile GT500 vert is right at $60k according to KBB. Yes, that is MORE than MSRP new. It reflects the "Actual Cash Value' of the car as the insurance companies like to call it. This should be an easy insurance settlemet to recover that amount plus TTL if your car was a total loss.

ADMs DO effect the value of the car. Unfortunatly for the OP if the ADM was listed on the sales order as a part of the cars price, the property taxes will be calculated on it. For others still waiting on the car, have your dealer charge you a Market Research Fee or some other service type fee equal to your markup. This type of service fee is untaxable for sales tax in many states and also will not be reflected in the sales price of the car itself.

If you get a GT500 that you believe is a lemon and go through buy back proceedings with Ford you either get a new production unit allocation as part of the settlement or a cash offer. It would be up to you to decide on taking the loss or not. People make dumb decisions all the time, not Ford's fault.

• 1 month later...

Roll up your sleeves.

I'd fight this one.

You know it's a good thing when your paying taxes, cause your making money. It is so wrong how we are taxed on our earnings, and then on our spendings, and our personal property, and our dwelings, and on and on and on.......... I don't think our forefathers would accept our appearent over taxation if they were alive, why do we? OK, I hope I don't get audited this year. It just seems that taxation in some areas has gotten out of control, IMHO.

Archived