TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member - Red #202

hwhunter

Greetings,

I live near San Antonio, and am the proud owner of #202. It's a little rough, but has lots of potential. Looking forward to learning allot more about it, and how this forum works.

Trey

Trey, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

Your truck #202 was part of a large shipment of trucks, #200 to #212, sent to Bob Dance Dodge in Florida back in March of 1989.

So sit back, get comfortable, post some pics, ask some questions and enjoy the ride.

Steve

You guys are making me look bad with all the great restorations you're working on.

My poor truck is still sitting in need of some paint applied to the primer. No I haven't primered the truck its just that all the factory paint decided to fly off into the sunset.

You white Shelby Dakota truck owners know what I'm talking about.

Steve

Trey, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

Your truck #202 was part of a large shipment of trucks, #200 to #212, sent to Bob Dance Dodge in Florida back in March of 1989.

So sit back, get comfortable, post some pics, ask some questions and enjoy the ride.

Steve

Steve,

That is too cool. I cant wait to learn more about the truck. Will get pictures soon. Right now it looks so bad I'm worried it might break my camera, but it does have potential

By my count we have at least four Team Shelby members currently doing Shelby Dakota restorations, heck it could be five if I would get busy. Well technically I'm doing a mini restoration on one of mine.

New decals, new headliner, new tires, new windshield, bumpers powdercoated, chasing a few squeaks & rattles. So I guess I can be included in the restoration crowd.

Good work everybody.

Steve

Welcome hwhunter, from another Texas Shelby Dakota owner. Good luck on the rebuild.

Went to get mine out of the barn a couple of weeks ago & the headliner was drooping down.

I guess thats what you get when it is kept in an uninsulated metal building in west Tx. I do

keep a pretty heavy cover on it tho.

Welcome hwhunter, from another Texas Shelby Dakota owner. Good luck on the rebuild.

Went to get mine out of the barn a couple of weeks ago & the headliner was drooping down.

I guess thats what you get when it is kept in an uninsulated metal building in west Tx. I do

Doesn't matter where or how you store them the headliner droops. Even Carroll's low mileage Dakota's here in California droop.

The problem isn't the glue but the foam backing on the headliner cloth that disintegrates so the glue stays on the headliner board but the cloth drops by gravity. It can not be re-glued. The cloth material needs to be replaced for a correct fix.

Steve

I've got the same problem with my headliner too. Trey

Doesn't matter where or how you store them the headliner droops. Even Carroll's low mileage Dakota's here in California droop.

The problem isn't the glue but the foam backing on the headliner cloth that disintegrates so the glue stays on the headliner board but the cloth drops by gravity. It can not be re-glued. The cloth material needs to be replaced for a correct fix.

Steve

Steve,

That's good to know. Fixing the headliner is definitely on my list.

Trey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived