TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New dyno results from MD-1100 Mustang Dyno

ChrisSD

441RWHP / 427RWTQ. The Dynojet 248c that I took the car to the other day is on crack, since a Mustang Dyno read higher. One interesting thing is the stock tune starts going lean at the upper end, not the greatest thing. Car was driven 30 miles to the dyno and had a 5 minute cooldown. Dyno was recently calibrated so these should be reliable numbers. A Dynojet 224xLC which is what most here use would have most likely read 30HP/TQ higher. Operator was surprised at the amount of the timing the car was commanding, it got as high as 22. He datalogged it as well as did the dyno. These are SAE numbers. The stock tune seems to start going lean at the top , correlating directly with the increasing boost.

md1.jpg

md2.jpg

The Dynojet 248c that I took the car to the other day is on crack, since a Mustang Dyno read higher. One interesting thing is the stock tune starts going lean at the upper end, not the greatest thing. Car was driven 30 miles to the dyno and had a 5 minute cooldown. Dyno was recently calibrated so these should be reliable numbers. A Dynojet 224xLC which is what most here use would have most likely read 30HP/TQ higher. Operator was surprised at the amount of the timing the car was commanding, it got as high as 22. He datalogged it as well as did the dyno. These are SAE numbers.

md1.jpg

md2.jpg

Your not too far off from what Evo got on their Mustang dyno.

Yep thats almost exactly what ours looked like.

what would you think i could get with just a Lund EVO tune,and not change anything else--just range would be fine,no committed numbers.I use 93 octane.If you dont want to post send me a PM.

what would you think i could get with just a Lund EVO tune,and not change anything else--just range would be fine,no committed numbers.I use 93 octane.If you dont want to post send me a PM.

Evo previously posted 510 HP, 480 TQ, up 55 & 40, respectively, with just a tune. Not bad!

So am I missing something? 441RWHP assuming a 15% drivetrain loss would mean roughly 520 flywheel HP which is 20 HP short of Ford's quote of 540. I have to be missing something.

Mustang Dyno add another 10 to 13 percent

Your mailbox is full. I tried to reply to your PM.

So am I missing something? 441RWHP assuming a 15% drivetrain loss would mean roughly 520 flywheel HP which is 20 HP short of Ford's quote of 540. I have to be missing something.

There are many brands of dynos. All of them read differently. This "15% drivetrain loss" myth comes from Dynojets, which are inertia based dynos. Mustang Dynos are load based eddy current dynos and provide more realistic numbers. They are the lowest reading dyno but provide a real load on the car based on many factors. 441RW is a very strong number on a Mustang Dyno!

The link is dated 8/25/09, titled "Anyone tuned their baby, yet?", post 91 from mixxer, 8/25.

thanks heres the link--http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46328&st=80

it says after tune,which could mean alot of tweaking,including using the Lund tune.My question to mixxer (whos never answered any of my 3 posts on the subject) is if I only use the Lund tune,what should i expct from hp gain

thanks heres the link--http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46328&st=80

it says after tune,which could mean alot of tweaking,including using the Lund tune.My question to mixxer (whos never answered any of my 3 posts on the subject) is if I only use the Lund tune,what should i expct from hp gain

Call him.....

No trying to sound like an ass but that's what he told me. :)

I believe the tune we receive is not exactly the same and slightly dumbed down on the side of safety.

There are many brands of dynos. All of them read differently. This "15% drivetrain loss" myth comes from Dynojets, which are inertia based dynos. Mustang Dynos are load based eddy current dynos and provide more realistic numbers. They are the lowest reading dyno but provide a real load on the car based on many factors. 441RW is a very strong number on a Mustang Dyno!

I'm curious about going from a Mustang dyno reading to cooresponding crankshaft hp, as advertised by all mfg. Would you multiply the Mustang dyno reading by +13% to get to Dynojet equiv. and then add 15% to get to crankshaft hp? Or am I missing something?

I'm curious about going from a Mustang dyno reading to cooresponding crankshaft hp, as advertised by all mfg. Would you multiply the Mustang dyno reading by +13% to get to Dynojet equiv. and then add 15% to get to crankshaft hp? Or am I missing something?

Can't really do that. It's all BS math based on guessing. All I can say is 441RW SAE on a Mustang Dyno is inline with a 540HP SAE crank #.

Archived