TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Series 1 At The Las Vegas B-J Auction

shelbymotorsports

Barrett Jackson has a low mile Series 1 scheduled for the Vegas auction. Don't see the CS #. Its lot # 417.

Steve

From the auction description:

Only 4,600 original miles on a one owner car. This car was part of a high end collection of cars and was rarely driven. Has Shelby upgraded engine package with documentation. Very rare, very clean and all original.

Details: This is a supercharged Shelby car. The Series 1 utilized a space-age aluminum honeycomb frame and Carbon Fiber body. Designated as the CSX5000 series, there were only 249 units ever produced. Due to today's safety and emissions regulations, the Series 1 would have had to recertify with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, NHTSA, and with the Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, in order for the final 251 cars to be produced, so it decided that the Series 1 would end its production early. Only 4,600 original miles on a one owner car. This car was part of a high end collection of cars and was rarely driven. Has Shelby upgraded engine package with documentation. Very rare, very clean and all original.

• 2 weeks later...

That will make mine a steal!!! No 10% buyers fee also. I may be willing to throw in the signed and numbered jacket as well....... www.csx5000.com for more details.

I didn't see the car in my walking around. I'll try to find it today and get some shots.

It sold for $104.5K (including the 10%).

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...d=303&pop=1

Archived