TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twin turbo 5.0L in 2012 GT500

calgaryshelby

That's what I'm talking about. I figured something like this would happen for the 2012. The Z28 will be out as a 2012 model and you know Ford is going to bring it. What's up to all the boys saying that the 2011 is the greatest shit this earth has seen?? Buying a 2010 makes sense cause I will be primed and ready to grab a 2012 with no problem. You guys go buy your 2011 and I'll wait with my 2010 and grab one of these babies.

That's what I'm talking about. I figured something like this would happen for the 2012. The Z28 will be out as a 2012 model and you know Ford is going to bring it. What's up to all the boys saying that the 2011 is the greatest shit this earth has seen?? Buying a 2010 makes sense cause I will be primed and ready to grab a 2012 with no problem. You guys go buy your 2011 and I'll wait with my 2010 and grab one of these babies.

I'm right there with you my brutha! You and I will be standing in line to get our 2012 machine (black with silver stripes, of course) !!!! I will definitely get one of those if they have something like a TT 5.0L. That will be sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

Hmmm, so Ford is going out of there way to put an Al block in the GT500 for just one year and then another major overhaul just one year later for the 2012

This all seems odd, first the 2010 is just a one year run, now the 2011, just another one year run before the new 2012

IMO something does not make sense because this is not how you sell cars. It would be like if video game systems came out with a new system every year, they would never make any moeny and it is the same with cars.

I am sure someone could communicate my point better but something just does not add up, not to mention the fact that the current GT500 is still best in its class and sells great!

Hi my friend - Am I reading this right, that you're going to trade in your 2010 for a 2012? Wow. What about the body style? I don't think there are any prototype 2012 pics floating around. Or are you just going to buy it based on the 2012 engine?

I plan on keeping my 2010 for as long as possible. I love it.

If Ford did make the GT500 with a 5.4 aluminum block only for 1 yr (which doesn't make sense IMO), wouldn't that make the 2011 GT500 rare and even more collectable in the future?

Quite possibly...but I'd be really suprised that they would do that. The only thing I can think of is that it wouldn't be called the GT500 in 2012, but rather something about Cobra...King Cobra maybe. Thus a move in engine and possibly styling would coinside with the name change.

Archived