TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Storage

09vistablue

At some point in the next month I will have to put my car to sleep until the spring. It will be stored in an unheated Insulated garage. Should I fill er up and put fuel stabilizer in it ? or store it close to empty and fill er up with fresh gas in the spring ??? It will be sitting for approximately 5 - 6 months....Damn Canadian winters eh !!

At some point in the next month I will have to put my car to sleep until the spring. It will be stored in an unheated Insulated garage. Should I fill er up and put fuel stabilizer in it ? or store it close to empty and fill er up with fresh gas in the spring ??? It will be sitting for approximately 5 - 6 months....Damn Canadian winters eh !!

When storing a car its best to go with a full tank & stabilzer OR drained dry.

Since you're only talking 5-6 months its not worth draining the tank. Go the easier route of full tank & stabilizer.

Steve

In the next month I just hope it's less then 100 on Saturday. Now is time to get mine out.

A few words from those of us that have long snowy winters:

SCREW YOU!!!!!! :devil2:

It sucks only being able to go to the garage to look at your baby for about 5 to 6 months.......

Oh yeah the temp is finally going to be dropping in AZ. Hay AwakeinAZ, got to get out to the 1/4 mile for cure and Monsoon Madness for sure.

Must be nice, maybe one day when I retire, I will by a place in Arizona and spend the cold 5 months from Canada down there and drive my car year round, I guess the one positive thing is it helps keep the miles down LOL

In the next month I just hope it's less then 100 on Saturday. Now is time to get mine out.

I know what you mean. It was 65 degs this morning as I left for work :cold: . If it gets any worse I'll need to have someone show me how to use the car heater :hysterical2: .

I know what you mean. It was 65 degs this morning as I left for work :cold: . If it gets any worse I'll need to have someone show me how to use the car heater :hysterical2: .

You guys have to stop being mean :club: those of us up north are starting to suffer, We will be lucky if we hit 60 as a high here in Chicago today

but our cars love drivin in the cold......and 100 sucks.....NOBODYS CAR LIKES BEING RUN IN THAT CRAP....

we never get that, thankfully.....

you can keep anyplace on the planet thst ever gets to the ungodly 100 degree mark...

and the daily roasted nuts that come with it.......

I'll take my 4 months of possible snow over their 9 months OVEN anyfrigginolday! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

(ANDIMISSTHEONEWORDTHREAD!)

It sucks only being able to go to the garage to look at your baby for about 5 to 6 months.......

Ha Ha!!!

Full and Stabil in it!

On the other hand, that's 5 to 6 months of time to make mods with no pressure to get it done in a hurry. :happy feet: You have to look at the positive side of things.

Your system must be low in fluids filler up & forget the stabilizer, but don`t drink & drive. :hysterical:

Full tank ,stabilizer ,remove the battery or have a batttery tender.

Yeah, Battery Tender for sure! DEFINITELY full Stablizer...pour in before you top off the tank; then drive it around for 5 Mins. or so to get it all through the fuel system. I also park the tires on hunks of carpet sections I've cut out AND I pump the tires up high to about 44PSI (HELPS prevent tires from developing those damn "Flat Spots" once you get it out in the Spring!) Plus, the cold weather makes the tires tend to "go soft" on you quickly anyway. My 2 Cents....

Full tank ,stabilizer ,remove the battery or have a batttery tender.

Archived