TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Marc@Kentucky's Shelby home at last

Marc@Kentucky

Hello all,

As I posted in another thread, my long wait finally ended on Thursday, December 14th. This was a little less than a week from my projected delivery date of Dec 8th. My dealer has been excellent through the whole process. The car was 1 of 1 for his allocation, and my deal was a verbal one for 4,000 over MSRP. I spoke with the owner when the prototype first hit circulation, and the order was formally placed in early June.

I can't say enough for how careful they were with the car and in keeping all documentation. They did not even drill the holes for the rear license plate because they couldn't bring themselves to touch it with a drill bit.

I ordered all 3 options, but dropped the Shaker after receiving a call from the regional rep regarding a later production date with that option. I definitely don't need any more stereo than the Shaker 500.

Long term Mustang restorer here, I've previously had a 1970 Mach 1 (351 C 4V), a 1970 Boss 302, and my father and I still have a 67 vert and a 65 GT fastback. I've restored virtually every generation of Mustang, but the GT500 is the first of the newer breed that has "bitten" me (pardon the pun).

As everyone has said, the frustrating wait was nowhere in memory after turning the key. I've driven ~ 400 miles over the last couple of days, and the smile hasn't left my face.

I hope for a speedy delivery for those still waiting and I enjoy sharing the experience (both the wait and the ownership) with the great group of people here. Some pics follow. I included some backseat shots (very shaky, not the photographer, but the 500 horsepower at idle) as I don't remember anyone posting any yet. I was specifically thinking about Grabber and rpretzel so that they can keep that view in mind because I know they'll be sitting behind the wheel in no time.

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Marc

48rkxds.jpg

33f6q9s.jpg

4gy699d.jpg

2n1xi51.jpg

2wncmdg.jpg

2cr7fjb.jpg

Congrats on getting your car. Man, that thing looks tough. The gauge package lighting is awsome, thanks for the photos, shakey or not. Every time I see an Ebony coupe my PSDS goes into overdrive! :hyper: I have an ebony over the top delete going to start its assembly line journey 1st week on Jan. I posted about 5 times (at least) today, if I dont get a car soon I may need professional help :sos::hysterical2: I no longer answer to my name, but only to my VIN number...

KC666

Congrats on getting your car. Man, that thing looks tough. The gauge package lighting is awsome, thanks for the photos, shakey or not. Every time I see an Ebony coupe my PSDS goes into overdrive! :hyper: I have an ebony over the top delete going to start its assembly line journey 1st week on Jan. I posted about 5 times (at least) today, if I dont get a car soon I may need professional help :sos::hysterical2: I no longer answer to my name, but only to my VIN number...

KC666

I am a doctor. You have what is called PSDS, defined by RUFDRAFT. It stands for Pre-Shelby Delivery Syndrome. Take two pills and call Customer Service in the morning.

post-3382-1166660168_thumb.jpg

Dave

post-3382-1166660168_thumb.jpg

Archived