TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr converted into a Super Snake

CrzyHorse

Is it true that a KR can not be converted into a Super Snake. I was told by one of the Shelby representatives that it couldnt be doen but have seen two KR's that have been converted being sold online. I am not sure if they were fake or not but they had the badges and everything. I hope it can be done.

Is it true that a KR can not be converted into a Super Snake. I was told by one of the Shelby representatives that it couldnt be doen but have seen two KR's that have been converted being sold online. I am not sure if they were fake or not but they had the badges and everything. I hope it can be done.

please post pictures or links to these two (2) KR's, maybe they have the Upfit package or the 427 Package

its in the KR forum, no SS for the kr just the upfit pkg.

No SS for KR's.....and uplift package and some other options are available.

But, why would you want an SS if you have a KR? the uplift package includes a TVS blower.

725H.P. is a great reason for a SS. For some, 6xx h.p. is plenty, for others, it has to be over the top, that is where the 725 Super Snake and it's high 10's capability comes into play. I say "high tens", but that was with a 2800rpm launch on treaded M/T street e.t.'s I want to see tests with slicks!! slicks!!, mid to low 10's maybe?? in full street trim at 3900 lbs.!!

R

The TVS just doesnt satisfy me enough. I wanted the Kenne Bell with the hood and the rims, basically the entire package. I guess it cant happen.

Anyone can do whatever they want to their KR. We, SAI, cannot do no more than the 605 TVS. It is part of the KR upgrade package.

Roger

725H.P. is a great reason for a SS. For some, 6xx h.p. is plenty, for others, it has to be over the top, that is where the 725 Super Snake and it's high 10's capability comes into play. I say "high tens", but that was with a 2800rpm launch on treaded M/T street e.t.'s I want to see tests with slicks!! slicks!!, mid to low 10's maybe?? in full street trim at 3900 lbs.!!

R

On my vert I had a TVS with 624RWHP.......a SS is around 650 RWHP.........if I had done teh injectors, OD bottom pulley, GT40 fuel pumps & high flow cats teh TVS would have done in excess of 700RWHP which is more than the SS.

On my vert I had a TVS with 624RWHP.......a SS is around 650 RWHP.........if I had done teh injectors, OD bottom pulley, GT40 fuel pumps & high flow cats teh TVS would have done in excess of 700RWHP which is more than the SS.

But is the KR (with the upgrade package) built to the specs you have mentioned above in "as modified by Shelby" configuration? An additional KB tune (I believe offered by KB, maybe $300 or so) and 100+ octane fuel will send the 725 SS over 800 horse, I believe it is 805 or 810 that has been quoted, maybe a upper pulley change also. I thought we were comparing "as provided/modified by SAI" (50 state legal), not owner modded cars.

The sky's (or I should say wallet) is the limit with performance.

R

But is the KR (with the upgrade package) built to the specs you have mentioned above in "as modified by Shelby" configuration? An additional KB tune (I believe offered by KB, maybe $300 or so) and 100+ octane fuel will send the 725 SS over 800 horse, I believe it is 805 or 810 that has been quoted, maybe a upper pulley change also. I thought we were comparing "as provided/modified by SAI" (50 state legal), not owner modded cars.

R

Oh man, that's the truth.

R

The KR uplift as provided by SAI is 605 FWHP.......a tune and TB gets you to the 625RWHP range......all I was trying to point out is that the TVS is capable of 700+RWHP......and on a KR, I would not add anything other than SAI and/or FRPP stuff, to sort of keep it legit.

The KR uplift as provided by SAI is 605 FWHP.......a tune and TB gets you to the 625RWHP range......all I was trying to point out is that the TVS is capable of 700+RWHP......and on a KR, I would not add anything other than SAI and/or FRPP stuff, to sort of keep it legit.

O.k., I understand^^^.

R

It is interesting that the title says, 07-10 Shelby GT500, but further down in the discription it says,

"Fits 2010 Mustang SVT"

"Does NOT fit 2007-2009 Mustang SVT"

I must be missing something.................

R

It is interesting that the title says, 07-10 Shelby GT500, but further down in the discription it says,

"Fits 2010 Mustang SVT"

"Does NOT fit 2007-2009 Mustang SVT"

I must be missing something.................

R

lethal did say the kit was coming for the 07-09 and they were waiting for FR to finish the calibration..and they also said they could do a kit cheaper and better :)

Archived