TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BRMCOA and the Rusty Balancer

This weekend was the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville's Pony Run and Show

My Shelby took Third place in the "All Shelby" Category

web.jpg

web.jpg

Craig (aka SGT/SC2873) was shaking his head and wondering how I pulled this off

web.jpg

This is his engine bay and he has a really sweet looking Shelby but he just couldn't figure it out.......

Well the judges knew exactly where to look

While his stock balancer is still in his Shelby...............

mine is being used as a paper weight (note rubber seal) an not within a country mile of my Shelby.

web.jpg

What he really needs is an Innovators West one !!!

web.jpg

Take Care and get the Rust Out !

Andrew

This weekend was the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville's Pony Run and Show

My Shelby took Third place in the "All Shelby" Category

web.jpg

web.jpg

Craig (aka SGT/SC2873) was shaking his head and wondering how I pulled this off

web.jpg

This is his engine bay and he has a really sweet looking Shelby but he just couldn't figure it out.......

Well the judges knew exactly where to look

While his stock balancer is still in his Shelby...............

mine is being used as a paper weight (note rubber seal) an not within a country mile of my Shelby.

web.jpg

What he really needs is an Innovators West one !!!

web.jpg

Take Care and get the Rust Out !

Andrew

LMAO! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::banghead::banghead::banghead: Talk about rubbing it in! Don't need no da#n trophy/plaque anyway.... :baby::finger::cry:

Nice Win. If it is in fact a point judged show, the judges do look for rusted balancers. Look on the bright side there are many of us with rusty balancers myself included. I have been asked why my engine bay is so clean and the balancer looks so bad. my response is " I detail cars not build them" LOL.

Nice Win. If it is in fact a point judged show, the judges do look for rusted balancers. Look on the bright side there are many of us with rusty balancers myself included. I have been asked why my engine bay is so clean and the balancer looks so bad. my response is " I detail cars not build them" LOL.

Well then the judges probably noticed that this was missing as well

web.jpg

rusty power steering pump !

and replaced with this one

web.jpg

web.jpg

(bad photo) Killer Chrome painted one !

Andrew

Another Great quote ShowCar!!! :hysterical:

ok, Andrew opened this can of worms so now I have to tell you the "rest of the story." What he forgot to tell you is it poured rain all day Saturday at this show. They changed their judging times at least 3 times and the last time was to start judging at noon. Well, I came out of the mall at 12:05 to hear, "judging has been completed." :headscratch: I thought wth? My car is locked and my hood was down....upon further investigation, they did "walk arounds"....well guess who's car was unlocked and the hood open--gettting everything wet at a sponsors tent no less.....you guessed it, the man w/ pretty crank pulley and pretty p/s.... :hysterical: Hey Andrew, check out pg 40 of your last Mustang Times, I don't see your name there in the NATIONAL SHOW, but you might recognize on of those names, and yes his hood was open and his car unlocked! :hysterical: So you see, I was just trying to help you get a plaque this past weekend and it worked! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Craig

I like Showcars comment too about the detailing vs. building them...I guess this means you need to be in the "modified" class.....NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY! :slapfight:

ok, Andrew opened this can of worms so now I have to tell you the "rest of the story." What he forgot to tell you is it poured rain all day Saturday at this show. They changed their judging times at least 3 times and the last time was to start judging at noon. Well, I came out of the mall at 12:05 to hear, "judging has been completed." :headscratch: I thought wth? My car is locked and my hood was down....upon further investigation, they did "walk arounds"....well guess who's car was unlocked and the hood open--gettting everything wet at a sponsors tent no less.....you guessed it, the man w/ pretty crank pulley and pretty p/s.... :hysterical: Hey Andrew, check out pg 40 of your last Mustang Times, I don't see your name there in the NATIONAL SHOW, but you might recognize on of those names, and yes his hood was open and his car unlocked! :hysterical: So you see, I was just trying to help you get a plaque this past weekend and it worked! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Craig

I like Showcars comment too about the detailing vs. building them...I guess this means you need to be in the "modified" class.....NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY! :slapfight:

+1

He hit the nail on the head, this is an exact accounting on the day !

and it was a great weekend.

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Ooooohhh Noooooo

Just found this posted on the BRMCOA's website

Here are all the winners at the Pony Run Car Show for 2009.

SHELBY ALL (SPD)

1ST.....Phil Laskowski

1ST.....Betty Louis Dyer

1ST.....Craig Grimes

1ST.....David Boling

2ND.....Robyn & Mike Kline

3RD.....Andrew Nagle

BRMCOA

I retract all earlier statements until a recount is done !

Andrew

^ No way! :lol:

He actually beat you out?! Karma's a bitch Andrew ;)

We were both standing there (side by side) when they announced the awards and neither of us heard his named called, but their PA system was down, so they were just trying to shout the names out !

or maybe Craig is just getting old and hard of hearing and I choose to ignore his name...hmmmm

Good luck with your rebuild

Andrew

Man that's too funny.. No trophy then or do they send them out?

Where did you find that painted up power steering pump, by the way? I was just loathing the look of mine dangling there in the empty engine bay.

I thought about pulling it out and trying to finish it myself, but me and paint have never mixed well in the past.

Ken

Man that's too funny.. No trophy then or do they send them out?

Where did you find that painted up power steering pump, by the way? I was just loathing the look of mine dangling there in the empty engine bay.

I thought about pulling it out and trying to finish it myself, but me and paint have never mixed well in the past.

Ken

Hey Ken,

I bought a new power steering pump, I think they are only $75 after the core charge and got the Alsa Killer Chrome and had my body shop paint it while they had it painting the stripes

I hated it being the only rusty thing left in the engine bay. I looked at having someone chrome it and that was not gonna work out with disassembling it and I did not want to do that.

Yeah and you are right Craig did not get a trophy, I may call them and see if they still have it (since they are my local club) or NOT !

Take Care

Andrew

Ooooohhh Noooooo

Just found this posted on the BRMCOA's website

Here are all the winners at the Pony Run Car Show for 2009.

SHELBY ALL (SPD)

1ST.....Phil Laskowski

1ST.....Betty Louis Dyer

1ST.....Craig Grimes

1ST.....David Boling

2ND.....Robyn & Mike Kline

3RD.....Andrew Nagle

BRMCOA

I retract all earlier statements until a recount is done !

Andrew

Now that is funny! :hysterical: That explains now why I was never able to figure who placed 1st. So after all the harrassment Andrew, just let me know if you need any instruction on how to detail a WINNER! :hysterical: Did you really think black could beat white...oh man this feels good. :jackinbox:

let's see now....I got some catching up to do......Can anyone tell me what 3rd place is? That would be the second loser.... :slapfight::hysterical: oh yeah, this feels good....REDEMPTION...... :hysterical3::hysterical::confused: :happy feet: :talkhand::banghead::superhero::redcard:

Now that is funny! :hysterical: That explains now why I was never able to figure who placed 1st. So after all the harrassment Andrew, just let me know if you need any instruction on how to detail a WINNER! :hysterical: Did you really think black could beat white...oh man this feels good. :jackinbox:

let's see now....I got some catching up to do......Can anyone tell me what 3rd place is? That would be the second loser.... :slapfight::hysterical: oh yeah, this feels good....REDEMPTION...... :hysterical3::hysterical::confused: :happy feet: :talkhand::banghead::superhero::redcard:

Recount.......Hanging Chad.............something ..........

Just kidding Congratulations !!!!!!

You are always welcome in the Mountains of Western North Carolina !!!!

Take Care

Andrew

Recount.......Hanging Chad.............something ..........

Just kidding Congratulations !!!!!!

You are always welcome in the Mountains of Western North Carolina !!!!

Take Care

Andrew

at least you got a trophy so as far as I am concerned you still won..... :hysterical: hope you and the family are doing well....Craig

Hi fellas,

Happy Thanksgiving!

For your exhaust manifolds look here : http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-hi...oating-kit.html

for your other cast iron and unpainted stuff: http://www.eastwood.com/ew-spray-gray-deta...aint-quart.html

Eastwood is the first and last place to look for restoration paints.. I have used their stuff for years and have found no better!

GNB

Archived