TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raptor Shift lite

I ordered the shift lite to mount on my SOS gauge pod and rec'd it the other day. The directions are pretty straight forward but I do have a question about where to set the RPM's. The directions really don't provide any guidelines on this so I need your advice. I know I could set it at the red-line, but I am thinking there should be some "cushion" in the setting. For example, by the time the lite comes on, you could be well over the red-line depending on your reaction time so should I set the lite at 5500 rpms more or less? Yes, I am getting older and the reaction time is not what it use to be, at least for some things! :hysterical: Reason I bought it was I can't see our tach anyway unless I am wearing reading glasses not to mention that I have hit the rev limiter a few times. Getting old sucks! :cry:

here's the link to what I ordered....

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

I ordered the shift lite to mount on my SOS gauge pod and rec'd it the other day. The directions are pretty straight forward but I do have a question about where to set the RPM's. The directions really don't provide any guidelines on this so I need your advice. I know I could set it at the red-line, but I am thinking there should be some "cushion" in the setting. For example, by the time the lite comes on, you could be well over the red-line depending on your reaction time so should I set the lite at 5500 rpms more or less? Yes, I am getting older and the reaction time is not what it use to be, at least for some things! :hysterical: Reason I bought it was I can't see our tach anyway unless I am wearing reading glasses not to mention that I have hit the rev limiter a few times. Getting old sucks! :cry:

here's the link to what I ordered....

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

We set mine to 5,000 rpm 's for that same reason and I think by the time I actually see it and shift I am at 6,000 rpms

web.jpg

Good Luck

Andrew

Andrew, can you maybe post more pics of that setup from diff angles? that's pretty much exactly what I have in mind for mine, but i was on the fence about the cobalt gauges... do the red/orange parts match the factory dash pretty good? I thought the models like the Nexus that changed colors when a limit was passed as a warning might be more beneficial, but your's looks sweeeeet!

Andrew, can you maybe post more pics of that setup from diff angles? that's pretty much exactly what I have in mind for mine, but i was on the fence about the cobalt gauges... do the red/orange parts match the factory dash pretty good? I thought the models like the Nexus that changed colors when a limit was passed as a warning might be more beneficial, but your's looks sweeeeet!

web.jpg

He is another view I will take a couple of more tomorrow. the color match pretty well and looks nice, I 'll try to take a photo after dark so you can see the lights

Take Care

Andrew

Archived