TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trying to get a group buy set up for Billet Coil Covers

bandit67

Project 321, the company that made my billet GT500 engine caps shown in THIS THREAD has sent me some pics of new coil covers they've developed.

They are billet aluminum, and can be anodized in red (pictured below), blue, black, satin, and polished, like the finishes on their engine caps.

The covers shown below are a set they made with the GT500 logo in the 2010 lettering font (they have a new 2010 GT500 on the way to their shop). I want them to do the GT500 logo in the 2007-2009 lettering font to match my car and the caps I have from them.

If I can find just 4 more interested parties, they will go ahead and machine the covers with the correct font for the '07-09's.

Everything will basically be the same as the ones pictured below, except for the GT500 lettering, and of course, will be available in the colors mentioned above.

Price for the pair will be $350 plus shipping.

Let me know, either in this thread, or via PM or email if you are interested or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Ed

post-25829-1254096621_thumb.jpgpost-25829-1254096639_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1254096621_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1254096639_thumb.jpg

Yes, these are from Project 321. Once I placed my order through Lethal, P321 took over keeping me posted on the manufacturing schedule, shipping, follow-up emails, etc.

They then sent me photos of the new covers to see if I'd be interested, since we had a raport going from the engine caps. It was nice being able to talk to the owner and his wife via phone & email.

I don't think we could get the KR text in on this group buy, because it would take a smaller font size to fit the extra 2 letters into the existing shape of the top. Every different font run means additional computer design time and machining time.

OK, so it looks like I only need to fill 2 more slots for us to get these '07-'09 covers into production. :happy feet:

weren't they supposed to be 299.?? 350 group buy means how much full price= too much IMHO.

So who told you $299? :headscratch:

I think I was pretty clear that the group buy was so that we could get the covers fabricated with the '07-'09 font that matches our cars. If we don't get a group together, there will be no covers made with the '07-'09 font, only covers with the 2010 font, and the 2010 covers aren't even going for $299.

So don't worry, I won't put you on the list of folks that want them.

Dunno. :shrug:

I've asked them about the SuperSnake and GT500KR covers, and will let you guys know what they say. :lurk:

Thanks for the reply. Keep me informed. If it comes down to the

GT 500 and no SuperSnake I will probably go with the red GT 500.

I have a 07 red SS 427 Convertible.

Those coil covers look great. How close is the red to the torch red

on my car?

Steve Davidson

How close is the red to the torch red

on my car?

Steve Davidson

I too was concerned with how the red anodizing would look. It is a little different, but more because of how the anodizing looks compared to how a solid color looks.

My washer fluid reservoir cap sits right in the middle of the red of my painted radiator cover, which is an exact match to the Torch Red on the car, and my wife and I think it looks great. So did a bunch of other local Shelby Club members that saw it on Saturday. :yup:

post-25829-1254180959_thumb.jpg

post-25829-1254180959_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Keep me informed. If it comes down to the

GT 500 and no SuperSnake I will probably go with the red GT 500.

I have a 07 red SS 427 Convertible.

Those coil covers look great. How close is the red to the torch red

on my car?

Steve Davidson

No SuperSnake or GT500KR covers at this time - licensing issues with Shelby.

Only GT500 covers are available.

I'll get back to those of you who contacted me later in the week with instructions on how P321 wants us to proceed.

Ed

I'll take a set in RED for 07-09. Are the backs of the cover insulated? Would it be OK to have metal over the coils?

I am confident that whatever we need to make these covers work, P321 will provide it. However although I do not know the answer to your question, I have forwarded to them and will get back to you when they reply.

In the mean time, please PM me your name and email so I can add it to my list to pass along to P321.

Thanks,

Ed

westang & sdavidson,

If you guys are still interested, I need you to PM me your name and your email address.

To all who have replied,

I am compiling a contact list to forward to P321. The owner's wife, Sam, will then contact you to take your order.

Ed

How close will there Blue color be to the Vista Blue on the cars? If it will be very close I'd be interested in a set. Maybe if we can see a sample of the anodizing next to some Vista Blue would be great!!

If you're interested, PM me your name, an email address, and your phone number, and I'll add you to the list I'm sending off to them. They will be contacting you to work out the details of the order, so you can talk to them about the color at that time and decide if you want to go through with it.

At this point, it looks like I already have enough folks interested to get the '07-'09 covers going, so any additional orders are a bonus.

Are the backs of the cover insulated? Would it be OK to have metal over the coils?

This was the reply from Jake of P321:

The stock coil covers have a nice rubber gasket that keeps water from entering the coil cavity. Our coil covers are

machined to accept the stock gasket. It's a pretty simple swap. Then you just bolt them down. It's probably the

easiest add on that you could do (besides our caps).

We've gotten enough folks together to get these covers going. :happy feet:

I've forwarded the contact information to P321 from everyone that contacted me. You should be hearing from Sam at P321 sometime next week.

Anyone else that is interested can still forward name, phone, & email to me and I'll get it over to P321.

• 1 month later...

Archived