TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Washing the Car Cover?

stpracer43

Need to wash my car cover (GT500 cover from Ford) but it doesn't have a tag with recommended washing/drying directions...

Anyone else washed theirs or aware of washing instructions?

Thanks,

Keith

Need to wash my car cover (GT500 cover from Ford) but it doesn't have a tag with recommended washing/drying directions...

Anyone else washed theirs or aware of washing instructions?

Thanks,

Keith

Hey Keith...I have washed my cover twice already....and I got the info online...wash in an industrial....aka laundromat machine.....on cold...preferably with woolite or simple green....also....I like to let it run through a second time to get all the soap residue out....though I am sure this is overkill...AND let it air dry....NO dryer

Melissa

Hey Keith...I have washed my cover twice already....and I got the info online...wash in an industrial....aka laundromat machine.....on cold...preferably with woolite or simple green....also....I like to let it run through a second time to get all the soap residue out....though I am sure this is overkill...AND let it air dry....NO dryer

Melissa

Melissa ~ Thanks for the info! Off to the laudromat :shift:

Keith -

These are the instructions I used to wash my cover. You will find that the machines at the laundry mat do not do a good job at removing the excess water due to the material and size. I took mine home and placed it in the washing machine using the spin cycle only a few times because car covers do not like agitators. I then spread the car cover out in a spare room in our house to fully dry. You could do it all at the laundry mat but you better bring lots of quarters. Good luck.

http://www.covercraft.com/cleaning.htm

- Kevin

Archived