TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New pics after lowering the car...

justindewoody

Sorted Justin. Good job.

IMO this is the first mod that anyone should do as pound for pound it makes the most significant improvement to the factory cars appearance. :drool:

I am definitely going to get the FR3 kit on my car. Especially after this weekend when my eldest son asked me "why the car was so high off the ground?" - and he can't even drive yet :(

What is the best price people have paid for the FR3 kit, and how much has it cost to have fitted?

Regards, Ian

Sorted Justin. Good job.

IMO this is the first mod that anyone should do as pound for pound it makes the most significant improvement to the factory cars appearance. :drool:

I am definitely going to get the FR3 kit on my car. Especially after this weekend when my eldest son asked me "why the car was so high off the ground?" - and he can't even drive yet :(

What is the best price people have paid for the FR3 kit, and how much has it cost to have fitted?

Regards, Ian

I got everything for $1439.00 (this price does NOT include the Strut Tower Brace cuz I already bought it a few weeks ago). I installed everything myself in about 5 or 6 hours. If you have the tools (I have every tool on the planet just about) and know how to work on cars, I would suggest you do the work yourself. It will save you about $500.00 in labor costs. It is not difficult, you just need to know what to do. And I can help you with that and so can many people on this site. There are plenty of instructional threads with pictures and detailed steps to guide you. I would be glad to give you a little support on it. Also, you will have WAY MORE PRIDE in the job if you do it yourself. It was very gratifying for me to do it, work out the issues, and make it perfect. In fact, I just finished tweeking a few things and now it's perfect. Let me know if I can help.

Also, I am very happy with the improvement in handling. It is much more nimble and stable. It can now turn on a dime with absolutely NO ROLL. The new anti-roll bars helped out BIG TIME. Now it feels like I'm driving a Ford GT... :drool: All I have to do now is put on the BMR Panhard Rod, which I will get tomorrow from Fedex. It will be a 15 minute install.

you will have WAY MORE PRIDE in the job if you do it yourself. It was very gratifying for me to do it, work out the issues, and make it perfect. In fact, I just finished tweeking a few things and now it's perfect. Let me know if I can help.

Justin,

I know and absolutely agree, but unfortunately I just would not be able to find the time at the moment. I used to always fit all my own everything - gearboxes, clutches, engines, suspension, and mods etc, and I do hope to get back to it one day as it was ohhhhhh sooo satisfying - perhaps next year? but at the moment I am lucky enough to be absolutely rushed off my feet at work, and the free time that I do have is spent trying to help my eldest son who is struggling a little in a couple of subjects as he adjusts to his high school.

Also, if you install the kit yourself, do you know if this affects either the FR3 or vehicle warranty?

Regards, Ian

Justin,

I know and absolutely agree, but unfortunately I just would not be able to find the time at the moment. I used to always fit all my own everything - gearboxes, clutches, engines, suspension, and mods etc, and I do hope to get back to it one day as it was ohhhhhh sooo satisfying - perhaps next year? but at the moment I am lucky enough to be absolutely rushed off my feet at work, and the free time that I do have is spent trying to help my eldest son who is struggling a little in a couple of subjects as he adjusts to his high school.

Also, if you install the kit yourself, do you know if this affects either the FR3 or vehicle warranty?

Regards, Ian

I have no clue about the warranty issue. But I really don't care... -_-

Were you able to reuse the factory upper strut mounts up front?

Did you have any issues getting the alignment dialed in?

Any need to use camer bolts?

Thanks alot !

great car!

Yes, I'm using the factory upper strut mounts in the front. They fit perfectly with the new stuff, no need to change them. I do NOT have an alignment issue. It's fine. I did NOT use camber bolts, I don't need them. Thanks for the compliment!

Also, I am very happy with the improvement in handling. It is much more nimble and stable. It can now turn on a dime with absolutely NO ROLL. The new anti-roll bars helped out BIG TIME. Now it feels like I'm driving a Ford GT... :drool: All I have to do now is put on the BMR Panhard Rod, which I will get tomorrow from Fedex. It will be a 15 minute install.

Maybe if you moved the engine behind your back it would feel like a Ford GT. Just messing with you don't put me on your LIST. To bad Ford can't get these cars to look like yours from the factory. Great job on making the GT500 look so great !!! Plus black is pure bad ass.

Yes, I'm using the factory upper strut mounts in the front. They fit perfectly with the new stuff, no need to change them. I do NOT have an alignment issue. It's fine. I did NOT use camber bolts, I don't need them. Thanks for the compliment!

That is very cool and helpful!

It must be because the front end is already got the KR setup from previous years so CC plates are not needed.

I like that because hey that will save you about $300!

That is very cool and helpful!

It must be because the front end is already got the KR setup from previous years so CC plates are not needed.

I like that because hey that will save you about $300!

If anyone plans on doing this mod, make sure you get a coil spring compressor. It makes it easy to put the spring/strut/upper mount together. Without it, damn near impossible. You can borrow the tool from autozone or advanced auto parts for free.

Archived