TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woke up to this. Car Vandalized!

sbornitz

Neighbor came over this morning and told me the car had been vandalized :censored: . Walked out to find this. We had to leave the car on the street last night due to having a party at our house so the garage was full of tables and chairs. Even left it on a main street under a street light. Thought I was gonna puke. Hope they catch the SH!TS that did this!

So now between trying to get this fixed and the possible tranny TSB I think I am done driving the car this season. :cry:

post-2867-1254072096_thumb.jpg

post-2867-1254072096_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve,

That really sucks. Since it's spray paint it may clean up easier than you think. Take it to a good body shop as soon as possible. In the mean time, keep it out of the sun. Check your gas tank to make sure the little b******s did put something in the tank.

I hope you catch them.

Jim

:drop: ......man that is BS.....sorry to see such a nice car getting vandalized like that. I hope that the knuckleheads get caught and punished severely, anyone in the neighborhood hves a video camera that may have seen something? Go to local small shops and ask if any teens have bought spray cans lately. Good luck.

Do the cops know if RB is a gang or click or that may be the person's initials?

Whoever did something like that should be strung up. Have you pissed somebody off recently?

Hope it isn't as bad as it looks. Wonder about the "RB" significance...

I'm sooo sorry to see that Steve. That is absolutely outragous! I'm angry just looking at the pictures. As Jim stated, if you work quickly you might be able to remove most of the paint before it sets.

I hope that they catch the F'in bastards that did this to your car. Maybe the Police will recgonize the "tags" from previous vandalizations and track them down.

My condolances, and I hope that everything works out for you.

That is complete BS. I drove over a spray can a while back, it exploded, and I had yellow paint all over the place.

I got the paint off the painted parts of the car with regular polish. It came off pretty easy.

I used goof-off on all the plastic sections, and it also worked really well.

I pulled the wheels / tires off and scrubbed them with a brush, and that worked good, too.

In the end, I was able to get it off everything and none of it remains.

I am pretty sure that is fixable, but it takes lots of work. I put about 40 hours into getting the paint off everything on my car. Let the pro's do it, and insurance...

Some people just have no respect for other people. They can't punish the people involved enough....

Check your gas tank to make sure the little b******s did put something in the tank.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Do NOT touch the gas cap or filler door. Heck don't touch the car at all.

If you are lucky there will be fingerprints on the filler door. With the amount of damage this is not a misdemeanor crime so with pressure the cops will need to do more than just file a report.

My observation is that it was several people who did this. Too many different colors of paint.

I also suspect they are under the age of 18. Too much spray paint on the lower parts of the car and adults are smart enough to "hit & run". Whoever did this spent some time doing so.

Now the following you may not like. I also suspect this was not random vandalism. In my opinion you were targeted. Somehow the party may be connected. Kids trying to crash it and thrown out? Too noisy for some neighbors? Other partygoers speeding up & down the street?

Please don't think I'm condoning the vandalism or pointing the finger directly at you but again something says it was not random, you were targeted.

Let us know what the cops say and don't forget to offer an reward to the neighborhood kids. They know who did and someone will talk.

Also walk around the neighborhood today and see if you can find the spray paint cans in the gutter, bushes, etc.

Good Luck

Steve

Hey sbornitz I am horrified of seeing what they did to your baby, I will be happy to work on my batting if you happen to need some help. I can't believe that no one saw what happened but someone needs to be punished for that. Good luck and I hope that she ends up okay after a trip to the paint shop

The cop came and went in less than 5 minutes. No one was injured so I can guarantee there will be no finger prints taken. I assume the cops just assume that this is an insurance issue now. Once he saw I had taken pictures he never even got the camera out.

I will probably never find out who did this but the eyes and ears are open and looking. Got lots of friends looking.

That just makes me sick. Sorry to see that for sure.

Get it to a professional quick. If you keep it waxed, a lot should come off easier than you would think.

I don't know if it's happening everywhere but we have a lot of paint being thrown on the streets around here.

It's getting harder and harder to keep a nice car these days...

wow that really sucks.. i work at a body shop and we buy wrecked cars, we bought one that was spray painted a little worse than yours and laquer thinner will take it off, it will take some rubbing.. just put some on a cloth and do one panel at a time then go over it with the buffer and it will be just like new.. the only problem will be the black plastic peices which i would take off and repaint.. good luck with it.

Wow!!! What a mess! I don't think I would wait to get it to a body shop. I would try the laquar thinner or mineral spirits and get off what you can. As long as you put it on a rag and rub it off it shouldn't damage the paint. I sure hope they catch the kids that did this. If I were a judge I'd make them wash cars for the next year on the weekends for free.

I hope your day gets better,

SVT

It sucks!!!!!!

This is why I keep a trained dog loose inside the house.......NO one can come into my property (not even the yard) at night w/o him knowing it......and when he wakes me up, uncle SIG is in my nighstand......however, my KR sleeps inside my alarmed garage along with my M3 and Z4....two other cars sleep outside in my drive way in front of the house.

These criminals should be caught and caned!

Archived