TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help me decide on what I should do for my 08 09 Shelby

bonefish

Getting close to decision time and have been working with a few dealers and scouring the web to see what is available. So with that said I have a few decisions to make and wanted some thoughts.

1) Navigation or no navigation? I would really like to have this and I think I know my answer but, your thoughts? Who has it and what do they think?

2) Convertible or Coupe? Really want another Convertible but, seeing some nice deals on coupes. I'll probably do a few mods but, my main goal is to enjoy it and DRIVE it..this time around...

3) Color Vapor or Blue? I think I have narrowed it to these two colors..

I am going either new or low mile used....

I really want blue but, the vapor looks pretty sweet!

On a side note...anyone know what a good price is on these given my choices above? Want to know what I should pay...

Getting close to decision time and have been working with a few dealers and scouring the web to see what is available. So with that said I have a few decisions to make and wanted some thoughts.

1) Navigation or no navigation? I would really like to have this and I think I know my answer but, your thoughts? Who has it and what do they think?

2) Convertible or Coupe? Really want another Convertible but, seeing some nice deals on coupes. I'll probably do a few mods but, my main goal is to enjoy it and DRIVE it..this time around...

On a side note...anyone know what a good price is on these given my choices above? Want to know what I should pay...

Have you talked with Michael Morris here on the Forum? He's a great dealer and TeamShelby Member. He has helped MANY TS members with their Shelby purchases. He'll find you exactly what you want!

Keith

Colors can not go wrong both are great choice. Second coupe or vert I have a coupe wish I would have a vert. I have it for two yeara and won 28 throphys at car shows ,but that vert would be nice I only drive on pretty day so that shold be a clue.These are awesome car you can not make a wrong choice.

If you really want blue - stick with blue.

IMG_3821.jpg

I think I am leaning towards yes on nav....regardless of color....coupe over vert only due to price...and first choice blue second choice vapor.

So...with that said if anyone out there sees a new 2008 or 09 or used one with low miles...let me know...I will go just about any where in the US for a good deal!!

1) Have it, love it but lacks features the aftermarket ones have. If you want a large screen with the factory look then you can't go wrong.

2) If you really want a convertible then you've answered the question. Personal preference.

3) Either color is good to me. Since you might be buying used go with the color that comes with the best price.

Good luck.

Steve

Yeah...I don't get the whole navigation thing...I went with the 1000 watt stereo...with the kicker box in the trunk....and bought a Garmin GPS for less than 200$...and you DEFINITELY need to go convertible

On a side note....don't let anyone tell you that the kicker box takes up too much trunk space.....it doesn't....I keep a compound bucket with car cleaning supplies...plus the convertible top cover....my car cover....and other odds and ends in the trunk.....gotta have the loud stereo

Here is my thought on the nav.....I have bimmer and when you attach the iPod it is a real bitch to use as the small stero screen shows nothing. However if I had nav or idrive as it is thre...I could control and see everything from the big screen. Plus I travel or like to travel to shows etc..and like the idea of a built in nav where it is just there all the time...as opposed to having this plugged in and a cord hanging. I plan on having a radar detector so, that is all I want on the windshield.

I know I could probably make this easy by just getting whatever is the best regardless of navigation but, I did that in the bimmer and I have regretted it ever since!

vapor & blue are both very sharp colors...you can't go wrong with either. I just bought my Convertible 2008 GT500 a couple months ago, and have LOVED every minute of it. Put the top down and let it just scream down the road with the wind in your hair.....it's awesome. This is my very first convertible and I am so glad I went with it. The only advice I could recommend is going out and driving a few coupes & convertibles....that should give you some sort of idea what each is like.

I have seen prices for coupes any where from $36K-$40K and convertibles from $39K-$44K here lately...as you probably already know, it's going to depend on the area, how long they've had the car, how bad they want to move it and the condidtion it's in..

good luck to you!

Skip the Nav... I have it, and wish I had not paid for it...... Especially if you live somewhere where there is a lot of development.. it's a waste of money.

Skip the nav. Mine's free on my Palm Pre. Works as well as the factory unit on my '09 Escape Hybrid Ltd.

These days it really doesn't add that much to resale value either.

And you don't have to have that damned wart on your trunk.

bj

Archived