TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Locator listing:)

GT500_ROCKS

Are you keeping your red stripe package too?

If you buy my Harley I can!!! :hysterical:

I truly wish I could, I love it and I will surely miss it. :cry::cry:

The black with the red stripes looks awsome to me. I have to trade it.

Thanks again for getting me another GT500, Shelbydude/John. :salute:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this 2008 red KR on Craig's List. Says it has never been titled. Price looks too good to be true at $48869.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1513672494.html

There are several scams out there on Craigs list and Auto Trader. I have found 08 KR's for that and less in Auto Trader. Also found a supersnake .... funny though ... same person replied from the email addy of the KR.

Im getting new KR's for the Mid 50 range. BRAND NEW NEVER TITLED ON THE DEALER SHOWROOM FLOOR. Just sold another KR to a forum member today .... a silver KR for $55,800. He's driving it home as we speak to Tn and should be home tomorrow.

There are at times exceptional deals to be had .... unfortunitly there are way too many scams too .... just be real careful on cars like this for that little bit of money

Hey Don, I actually drove the whole way and just got back because snow is on it's way to upper East Tennessee Friday morning and I didn't want to chance getting caught up in it. Anyway for the benefit of my fellow members here is a quick synopsis.

21 hours after leaving yesterday morning to fly down to Gulfport, MS. to pick up my dream machine I have just now returned home with CSM No. 08KR0412, a silver metallic Shelby GT-500KR which will proudly take up permanent residence with me here in Bristol, Tn. This was all made possible only thru the relentless efforts of Mr. KR Locator himself, Don Donelson of Bay Harbor Ford, Englewood, Fl. Don's professionalism, attention to detail and world class customer service should be the gold standard by which all salespeople are measured. Special thanks go out to Chris Doebler, Fleet Manager/Commercial Accounts Manager his Dad Jim Doebler, Courtesy Delivery Driver and Mr. Jerry, General Sales Manager (sorry couldn’t remember your name at the end of a long and exciting day) of Estabrook Motor Company in Pascagoula, Ms. Also a special thanks to my good buddy Adam Campbell who helped me save $140 on the plane ticket. More about this as well as other details of this two week process at a later date as I must get to bed and “recharge the batteries” after just getting off a 10 hour drive to bring this “Beast” home from Mississippi. Oh by the way this two week KR locator process concluded with me purchasing this brand new (it actually had 78 miles but untitled) 2008 Shelby GT-500KR for an out the door price of $55,990 which included Don's very reasonable Locator fee and a very modest customer service fee from the selling dealer but did not include tag, tax and title since I was an out of state buyer. Stay tuned to this thread for further details of this fabulous KR purchase adventure.

Jim

www.1968shelbygt350.com

Paying anywhere near sticker and comparing this to the KR is not a fair evaluation. When buying a Fusion or F 150 its the customers right to buy a vehicle at the best price they can negotiate. Its also the dealers right to do the same .. negotiate the best price for themselves.

I think the economy has a lot to do with this and the type of vehicle that the KR is. This is a TOY ... its not a everyday driver so there will be only a select group of people looking to buy this car. And with the economy in bad shape this market of buyers has shrunken dramtically.

When I negotiate deals for my customers the dealers are literally loosing thousands of dollars on these cars. These KR's have been sitting for so long that the some dealers have made a conscious decsion to sell the vehicle to me at the loss and move on.

Trust me ... I get alot of grumpy dealers that hangup on me too when I tell them what I want to buy the car for. They are still holding out at making a dollar or two or selling it at cost and thats ok too.

Cuz my clients are very happy with the outcome and the pricing I get for them. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Interesting to see these KRs now selling new for nearly 30 grand below their MSRP. Classic example of why it is never wise to pay anywhere near sticker for any vehicle.

There are several scams out there on Craigs list and Auto Trader. I have found 08 KR's for that and less in Auto Trader. Also found a supersnake .... funny though ... same person replied from the email addy of the KR.

Im getting new KR's for the Mid 50 range. BRAND NEW NEVER TITLED ON THE DEALER SHOWROOM FLOOR. Just sold another KR to a forum member today .... a silver KR for $55,800. He's driving it home as we speak to Tn and should be home tomorrow.

There are at times exceptional deals to be had .... unfortunitly there are way too many scams too .... just be real careful on cars like this for that little bit of money

This KR fpr $48k was the real deal. Wish I was aware of ... JW bought it and advised me that a store in Ft Worth was selling. He had a friend check it out and jumped on it .... Great deal .... a steal of a life time !

Archived