TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trunk Liner for the Shelby

2sharpie

Sorry ---should say TRUNK liner!!! .......Before going to bed this morning, I decided to take a quick walkthrough and popped opened the trunk. The liner almost fell off............and then i realized it ws barely being held in place (Godd for me since I'm switching out the rear emblem)............but has anyone else noticed this too??

There are at least 9 plugs missing.

(added the "R" for ya in the title :) ) Bud

post-25336-1254058348_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1254058568_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1254058348_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1254058568_thumb.jpg

Just another example of Ford (messing) something up on these cars. Probably some douchebag at the factory didn't put the plugs in properly cuz he was hungover or something.

Hahahaha..........I think this is the more likely scenario............how do you put 2 plugs in the middle, and then not notice everything hanging all over the place???......and then it's passes their "quality inspection"?? I did think my guy on install went into the trunk all.......for anything!

While I love my car, it is clear Ford does not inspect these cars. If I had like one small issue then maybe, but I had 10. Ford is fixing them for me, but seriously, these cars do not get inspected. Probably some $80/hr UAW goon "she lookin gud, next".

To make things even worse, it is clear my dealer didn't PDI my car either. Dealer was Drew Ford in San Diego. I have the sheet, they signed everything off as perfect despite glaring defects. I like how my car only having one functioning fuel pump ( the other was not connected and you could hear it hissing and sputtering from under the seat ) passed PDI and manufacturer checks.

While I love my car, it is clear Ford does not inspect these cars. If I had like one small issue then maybe, but I had 10. Ford is fixing them for me, but seriously, these cars do not get inspected. Probably some $80/hr UAW goon "she lookin gud, next".

To make things even worse, it is clear my dealer didn't PDI my car either. Dealer was Drew Ford in San Diego. I have the sheet, they signed everything off as perfect despite glaring defects. I like how my car only having one functioning fuel pump ( the other was not connected and you could hear it hissing and sputtering from under the seat ) passed PDI and manufacturer checks.

That's total horse(crap). I can't believe all the problems you've had with your car bro. I feel your pain.

Note--edited for bad language

Bud

You'd think given the state of the economy and the US automotive market these employees would be busting their asses and making damn sure they were turning out impeccable work. It's like they just don't give a crap and figure the US taxpayer will pay for them if Ford fails. Ford needs to put a reality check on these plant workers. There really is no excuse.

You'd think given the state of the economy and the US automotive market these employees would be busting their asses and making damn sure they were turning out impeccable work. It's like they just don't give a crap and figure the US taxpayer will pay for them if Ford fails. Ford needs to put a reality check on these plant workers. There really is no excuse.

What they really need to do is get rid of the (edited) UNIONS!!!!!!!!! They are terrible for America.

Note--edited for bad language

Bud

I received my car 8/26. I had the same problem. I opened the trunk at the dealership and the liner on the trunk lid was hanging down. It took Ford 2 weeks to get the proper buttons. The dealership also missed the problem on inspection. Otherwise like the car. If that is my only problem I'll be happy.

Archived