TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got ripped off today

I think everyone can relate to the feeling of being violated by someone stealing something or damaging something they own. The crappy thing is, even if the cops caught the guy in the act he would be right back out doing the same thing within a day or two.

WOW!! That sucks that your tank was taken right out of your garage, has anyone like the neighbors seen anything? I hate thieves, my I-phone was stolen at my job last month by most likely a co-worker and I'm still pissed about it but as you know karma is a bitch because one of these days that guy will rob the wrong person and he will get the f-ed up of it.

I think everyone can relate to the feeling of being violated by someone stealing something or damaging something they own. The crappy thing is, even if the cops caught the guy in the act he would be right back out doing the same thing within a day or two.

The cop told me that everytime this guy gets out of jail that the crime thefts in the area go up.

The world has many ugly faces to it these days. I suspect it will only get worse.

This is a wake up call for me. I had a talk with my son and wife today about keeping the doors and windows shut.

I double checked my .38 cal too.

How about a visual deterent/declaration Rob? Copy this picture, blow it up and put it on your garage door. Let the bastard know that you are aware and looking for his dead ass.

post-4213-1254089276_thumb.png

post-4213-1254089276_thumb.png

The cop told me that everytime this guy gets out of jail that the crime thefts in the area go up.

The world has many ugly faces to it these days. I suspect it will only get worse.

This is a wake up call for me. I had a talk with my son and wife today about keeping the doors and windows shut.

I double checked my .38 cal too.

Sorry to hear of this Grabber !!! If the law worked better he wouldn't be in and out of jail like a revolving door. I had this guy in my last PCT a real crack head. I would lock him up 4 hrs later he gets arrested again in my Pct amazing his rap sheet was over 6ft long. This went on for months till he finally vanished. The arguements we had with the DA's office over this was insane they said it's not a big thing. It only matters when it happens to somebody of importance.

The compressor weighs 60# and has a handle on the top of it. It was a very portable small unit. But at 60# it is kind of awkward to take far. I'm sure he hid it somewhere only to return later at dark to snatch it. dunno.

The loss of the compressor is mouse nuts to me. The feeling of that slime bag on my property is what erks me. I can tell you that my .38 caliber military long barrel police revolver is locked and loaded. My family comes first.

Lets hope the idiot that buys the compressor screws up and somehow gets caught.

Over the years people have offered me deals on various electronics and tools, etc. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is hot. I refuse to purchase anything hot.

If he is stupid enough to come back, he deserves whatever he gets. I like the baseball bat across the shins! Grabber.

I appreciate the comments and support. After seeing what happened to Steve Boritz car with all the spray paint on it....it made me sick and feel real bad for him. It also made me think of how we have got to the place that we are today. We are so far off base compared to the days of my grand parents that it is not even funny. Every year the world lets the standards move in inch. Now after 40 years of allowing the society to change....the world is so out of whack and we now get to pay the price.

It's time to put a stop to all this crap. Stuff that was considered freakish or not moral is now normal. :banghead:

No wonder so many kids are so messed up.

The compressor weighs 60# and has a handle on the top of it. It was a very portable small unit. But at 60# it is kind of awkward to take far. I'm sure he hid it somewhere only to return later at dark to snatch it. dunno.

The loss of the compressor is mouse nuts to me. The feeling of that slime bag on my property is what erks me. I can tell you that my .38 caliber military long barrel police revolver is locked and loaded. My family comes first.

Ohhh, this is just not right.

Let's set up a recon and nail the dude with a proper trigger squeeze ;)

Rob I know how it feels, I live in what I thought was a “good “part of town. last month I had two very large Disney yard statues stolen, one next to my front door and one next to my garage door. (Shelby inside). Then yesterday they found a stolen and stripped car next door, in his drive way. The police say that they have no clues and don’t think they will find out who is doing this stuff. It is time for an armed nigh watch. :club:

It seems like there isn't enough "follow up" from law enforcement, but I understand that it's difficult for them to find/investigate who did the damage. Even cameras, I've been told, doesn't help the situation much. :shrug:

EVERY TIME I leave the garage for a SHORT drive, I pull away from the garage with the intentions of leaving it open, and end up turning around to close the garage door. You just never know! And Grabber, I would consider myself in a worse area than you - I just can't believe that they would do such a thing in a nice area.

I think this will seal the deal for me - I'm closing that garage even if I'm just going around the block!!

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Back in 2001, I was as licensed contactor. A couple of crackheads stole all of my tools from a job site early one morning. They actually took the new cabinets off of the kitchen walls and all of the new appliances too. I was out of business until I got my tools back. Luckily the stone mason saw them as he came to the site and called the police who had him follow them until they could get out to the area. We got everything back that same day but I would have bankrupted me if I didn't finsh the job on time and had to let my crew go.

These people, and I use the term loosely, deserve to be shot on the spot. They have no regard for what damage they do to our lives when they steal our stuff. The revolving door court system is a joke.

It sounds like your compressor can be identified pretty easy. Hopefully it will turn up.

I don't know if it is from growing up in NJ, just outside NYC, but we don't leave any house or car doors unlocked for even a minute. Our neighbors have had tools, golf clubs and laptops taken from cars in their open garages. It is sometimes a pain, but I always lock up every time.

Rob, sorry to hear about this. I hope the cops catch this low life.

Look on the bright side and thank God that Tana or David didn't walk in on the thief.

He could of panicked and hurt them.

This is a sick world, Lock & Load!

One of the main reasons I got my CCDW license 8 years ago!

Shall - Issue CCDW Licensing...

Because the right to protect yourself

shouldn't stop at your front door!

I appreciate the comments and support. After seeing what happened to Steve Boritz car with all the spray paint on it....it made me sick and feel real bad for him. It also made me think of how we have got to the place that we are today. We are so far off base compared to the days of my grand parents that it is not even funny. Every year the world lets the standards move in inch. Now after 40 years of allowing the society to change....the world is so out of whack and we now get to pay the price.

It's time to put a stop to all this crap. Stuff that was considered freakish or not moral is now normal. :banghead:

No wonder so many kids are so messed up.

Could not agree with you more Grabber!!! When was the last time you seen a kid cutting their parents lawn??? Not by me my neighbors kids watch there dad do it.

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Back in 2001, I was as licensed contactor. A couple of crackheads stole all of my tools from a job site early one morning. They actually took the new cabinets off of the kitchen walls and all of the new appliances too. I was out of business until I got my tools back. Luckily the stone mason saw them as he came to the site and called the police who had him follow them until they could get out to the area. We got everything back that same day but I would have bankrupted me if I didn't finsh the job on time and had to let my crew go.

These people, and I use the term loosely, deserve to be shot on the spot. They have no regard for what damage they do to our lives when they steal our stuff. The revolving door court system is a joke.

It sounds like your compressor can be identified pretty easy. Hopefully it will turn up.

I don't know if it is from growing up in NJ, just outside NYC, but we don't leave any house or car doors unlocked for even a minute. Our neighbors have had tools, golf clubs and laptops taken from cars in their open garages. It is sometimes a pain, but I always lock up every time.

Up by me I believe it was in the bronx this off-duty city bus driver heard his car alarm going off. He looked out his apt window and saw the same crack heAD in his car again. It was like the 3rd time so he pulled up his hunting rifle and shot him dead from his window. He did get arrest but he didn't do no time and didn't lose his job either. Like, I said if the system worked and people gave a crap this would not go on. The system is only made for the middle class people who have everything to lose the rich can buy there way out and the poor get a break cause there poor.

I have a $500 deductable. The compressor can be bought now for around $300.

Hello Rob. I am real sorry this happened to you. I used to be in the insurance industry. Tools & golf clubs always disappear from open garages. It is hard to accept, I know. It happened to me too. Be fortunate this is all they stole and this really is a cheap

lesson.

I am with SVTpower, always lock/close the garage.

I recently purchased the Dewalt 15 gal. at Lowes.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_det...productID=15014

I am extremely happy with it.

I used to have a small one like your old one.

About the same price but bigger. Will run on a 15A circuit, if by itself.

Good luck.

Rob That sucks that someone got into your garage and took your compressor. :censored: I have a special combo door lock into my home, so that way they may get into my garage but not into the house very easy. check out Harbor freight that got some inexpensive compressors with warranty's. hope they get the jerk!

Rough crowd.

I hope no one here would shoot someone for stealing something. Deadly force for a compressor or car? Yikes. Addicts are sick people. Please don't kill them for stealing. Shoot someone when you feel your life - or somone in your family's life - is in danger. :lurk:

Rough crowd.

I hope no one here would shoot someone for stealing something. Deadly force for a compressor or car? Yikes. Addicts are sick people. Please don't kill them for stealing. Shoot someone when you feel your life - or somone in your family's life - is in danger. :lurk:

Shoot somebody for an air compressor????? of course not, shoot someone for stealing one of my cars.......YES I WOULD!!!!!!

:hysterical:

Rough crowd.

Sorry but, if you're caught inside my home, chances are you're not getting out alive. By the scum just being inside my home "uninvited", everyone in the home is now in danger. I'm not going to find out what your intentions are...i'll be too busy dispatching the danger.

Sorry but, if you're caught inside my home, chances are you're not getting out alive. By the scum just being inside my home "uninvited", everyone in the home is now in danger. I'm not going to find out what your intentions are...i'll be too busy dispatching the danger.

Let me clarify. Inside my house - I shoot first.

If you're stealing something outside my house - my life isn't in danger. I'm not going to kill someone for stealing something left outside.

Archived