TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extend ESPP? Have 84k miles now

msbmustang54

Hi Everyone,

Still have not sold my GT500 SVT #12 yet and also still don't have an Electronics Engineering job here in Silicon Valley... And now my ESPP Ford exteneded warranty (to 85k miles!) is about to expire in 500 miles!

Question 1. Are there any new TSB's I need to have taken care of before the warrany expires? (Note: I already had the CLUTCH DRAG TSB 08-16-4 done 9K miles ago)

Question 2. Is it worth extending it?

Thanks!

Mark / MSBMustang54

I cant remember the exact miles but he bought it with around 75K already on it.

His car was one of the Test Mules for Ford! Real neat history on the car, but he didnt put all the miles on it!!

Im pretty sure that you CANT extend the ESP. If you need me to I will look into it for you if you dont have someone else to do it

MM

I cant remember the exact miles but he bought it with around 75K already on it.

His car was one of the Test Mules for Ford! Real neat history on the car, but he didnt put all the miles on it!!

Im pretty sure that you CANT extend the ESP. If you need me to I will look into it for you if you dont have someone else to do it

MM

Ford recently announced that you can extend ESP's, but the car has to go through an inspection by a Ford dealership (for a small fee) to make sure that it has a clean bill of health (to avoid any pre-exisiting conditions). I'm not sure on the specifics of how long an ESP can be extended and for how much, but it is now possible.

Ford recently announced that you can extend ESP's, but the car has to go through an inspection by a Ford dealership (for a small fee) to make sure that it has a clean bill of health (to avoid any pre-exisiting conditions). I'm not sure on the specifics of how long an ESP can be extended and for how much, but it is now possible.

Hi Mike, Five Oh B and the rest of the group,

Mike if you can find out about extending the ESPP please let me know...and you are correct mine was from the Ford testing grounds and it is GT500 SVT#12. It had 50k on it when I got it two years ago and I have put 35k on it. Since my lucky # is 12 I intend to hang on to it and just keep fixing whatever goes wrong.

Five Oh B I will call my dealer on Monday and find out about the extension.

When I manage to find a new job (laid off from National Semiconductor 11 months ago at 55 years old-Thanks National) I will find someone with a lift to install the one piece 750 hp AL driveshaft and short shifter that have been sitting in the garage for a year. I was going to put those in when Ford did the Clutch Tranny TSB 9k miles ago but the Ford rep who inspected the job would not let my local dealer do it! Said it would void the 10k mile warranty on the TSB! Too bad it would have been free then! Easy to mount the Ford Racing short shifter when the tranny is on the floor!

600 miles left before my factory extended ESPP runs out at 85K miles. That cost me $1900 for 35kmiles and was worth every penny...because of the Clutch Tranny TSB! That TSB is why I am even considering extending the ESPP.

And Chris...can't buy a new one as I hate the look of the new ones! 05-07 only for me. Reminds me of how they screwed the look of them up in the late 70's-80's. My friend had a 68 he souped up when we were in HS! Cleveland 327 as I recall? I do remember it would do wheel stands in front of our HS!

Thanks,

Mark / MSB Mustang 54

Archived