TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I didn't think it was possible to go through half a tank of gas in 100 miles!

usarockit

I took delivery of my Shelby last Saturday on the last leg of our western vacation. My wife drove our '96 Mustang home and I carefully maneuvered 'THE BEAST' from the Dealers lot and onto the highway. First thing that I noticed was the light clutch effort on the Shelby. For 13 years I had driven my Mustang GT and never realized that the clutch was SOOO heavy. Next thing I noticed was after 5 miles or so on the thruway was that the supercharger came alive. First time I really put my right foot down hard to pass, it felt like the scene in Star Wars when the Millenium Falcon jumps to light speed!

Upon arriving home, everyone wanted a ride. I was more than happy to oblige! This is the best car I have ever owned but it appears that I will have to keep off the boost in the future if I want my mileage to improve anytime soon. Admittedly, this will be difficult...post-25332-1253906070_thumb.jpg

post-25332-1253906070_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I will try making them smaller before I post more. If anyone knows how to make it easier to post more at once, please tell me how to do it.

Thanks,

Mark

post-25332-1253906509_thumb.jpg

do a save as and increase compression to 90%--may have to do it more than once to get the file small enough

I took delivery of my Shelby last Saturday on the last leg of our western vacation. My wife drove our '96 Mustang home and I carefully maneuvered 'THE BEAST' from the Dealers lot and onto the highway. First thing that I noticed was the light clutch effort on the Shelby. For 13 years I had driven my Mustang GT and never realized that the clutch was SOOO heavy. Next thing I noticed was after 5 miles or so on the thruway was that the supercharger came alive. First time I really put my right foot down hard to pass, it felt like the scene in Star Wars when the Millenium Falcon jumps to light speed!

Upon arriving home, everyone wanted a ride. I was more than happy to oblige! This is the best car I have ever owned but it appears that I will have to keep off the boost in the future if I want my mileage to improve anytime soon. Admittedly, this will be difficult...post-25332-1253906070_thumb.jpg

Now THAT is a beautiful car bro... If I was gonna have one it would be EXACTLY like that... Oh, Wait, mine is just like that. :happy feet:

Welcome to the club. And, you'll also notice the fuel tank is quite small, so 100 miles on a half tank is the norm for me too...

Well I guess I will be the ball buster in the MPG group. Just took a 140mi round trip 95% hwy, and pulled 23mpg at 70-75mph. And combined that with the in town driving (and some playing) my last fill up hand calculated was 18.7mpg. So good MPG can be had you just have to limit yourself.

And I only have 600mi on the car.

WELCOME!! CONGRATS on your new car! AWESOME!! Yeah, WHO CARES about the MPG!! We sure don't buy these cars for that! :shift::hysterical: GLAD you love your new toy so much!! (GREAT description of the 1st time you got it out on the HWY!! LOL! That's so awesome!) GOT to LOVE the POWER! GREAT looking car!! ENJOY it!

J1B

Well I guess I will be the ball buster in the MPG group. Just took a 140mi round trip 95% hwy, and pulled 23mpg at 70-75mph. And combined that with the in town driving (and some playing) my last fill up hand calculated was 18.7mpg. So good MPG can be had you just have to limit yourself.

And I only have 600mi on the car.

Nice Looking car. I'm averaging 20.6 and every fill up it says 310 to empty. I have 7100 miles on mine and its a daily driver. You will get better gas mileage later on. :shift::shift::shift:

I am avg around 17 MPG and I drive around 40 miles round trip from home to work and back.

A tune helps out alot on MPG since these cars ( or at least mine) came pig rich from the factory.

Alan

is that the front license bracket from trailerrebuilders.com?

Yes, it is from Trailerrebuilders. I ordered it a few weeks before the Shelby arrived and had it sent straight to the dealership to be put on when the car finally showed up. The bracket is very sturdy and mounts low enough to cause minimal interference with the front end looks. Plus, it mounts with no holes being drilled in the bumper. The top corners of the plate are 90 degree angles, unlike the site picture where the corners are cut off. I had to file them down a bit to break the sharp edges which were potential wrist-slitters during car washing time. Then, to be extra safe, I added a strip of black molding around the edges. post-25332-1253979920_thumb.jpgTotal cost of the bracket with shipping was $70+. A bit steep for a license plate bracket but probably less than a future ticket or two for going without a front plate.

post-25332-1253979920_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is from Trailerrebuilders. I ordered it a few weeks before the Shelby arrived and had it sent straight to the dealership to be put on when the car finally showed up. The bracket is very sturdy and mounts low enough to cause minimal interference with the front end looks. Plus, it mounts with no holes being drilled in the bumper. The top corners of the plate are 90 degree angles, unlike the site picture where the corners are cut off. I had to file them down a bit to break the sharp edges which were potential wrist-slitters during car washing time. Then, to be extra safe, I added a strip of black molding around the edges. post-25332-1253979920_thumb.jpgTotal cost of the bracket with shipping was $70+. A bit steep for a license plate bracket but probably less than a future ticket or two for going without a front plate.

Thats what Ill probably do here. Since my windows are pretty dark, I know they will be pulling me over for that, next will be the front plate. Luckily I have a prescription for the tint, so no worries there.

I'll probably just leave it off till they pull me over, then worry bout it. Just a fix it ticket here.

Archived