TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I buy my damaged wheel??

2sharpie

Quick question........as I posted when I got my car Tuesay, the dumb-ass off loading my car scratched/gouged the wheel. I was told I can probably buy the damaged wheel but have to pay the "core" fee........which is $50. Should I buy it and is the damage repairable?? I was thinking of getting it as an extra as I want to eventually powder-coat a set black. I attached a couple of pics of the rim.

Thanks................

post-25336-1253841048_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1253841063_thumb.jpg

Quick question........as I posted when I got my car Tuesay, the dumb-ass off loading my car scratched/gouged the wheel. I was told I can probably buy the damaged wheel but have to pay the "core" fee........which is $50. Should I buy it and is the damage repairable?? I was thinking of getting it as an extra as I want to eventually powder-coat a set black. I attached a couple of pics of the rim.

Thanks................

yes, buy it. A new rim from ford is around 700. for 1. You can get that rim fixed for about 100. and your still ahead, and you have a full size spare instead of a inflater kit.

Thanks................

Buy it!!!! you are most likely going to have larger damage than that very soon with these rims/tyres! You might then have a bit more empathy for your delivery driver ;)

Regards, Ian

damaged one of mine on curb my fault 300 miles on car trying to park where no one could get near me . big mistake ford quoted 1260 dollars with mew valve stem because tire monitor screws to valve stem on these cars ,through friends discout got it for 860 dollars they mounted and balanced included and i bougt core for 50 dollars being fixed for 100 by local wheel repair not back yet hope it turns out

Archived