TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heres something for the 2011 Guys!!

Michael Morris

Well lemme guess....When Ford produces the far superior 2011 GT500 people like you will make whining posts about how its so unfair to previous owners and how you will never ever buy anything Ford again. Same old selfish crap. I got mine so all improvements should stop for several years. Well guess what? There will always be a better Mustang. It can come 1 year after or several years after but there will always be a better one on the way.

"far superior"?

I'm sorry but your being a bit delusional, to think that Ford debut an all new design, had a press day specifically for the 2010 shelby inviting every major car magazine in the country to get their take on this car, just to make a ''far superior" 2011, yeah that makes perfect sense,lol.

i'm not saying mines will be the best out there, i'm just pointing out how a business operates, specifically a car company, more than likely a car company WILL NOT OUTSHINE AN ALL NEW REDESIGNED MODEL THE FOLLOWING YEAR AFTER ITS DEBUT, that's all i'm saying, and if hell freezes over and ford desides to make a "far superior" 2011, well good for them, its just not good business sense, and unlikely, and i'm not going to be whining, i'm one of those people who will buy a car not only for the performance and technology, i buy a car that i like to look at, as long as i look at my car and a big smile comes to my face, i'll always be pleased with my purchase, and i love to look at my 2010 shelby.

If Ford keep making beautifull cars, i will always be a fan of Ford.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"far superior"?

I'm sorry but your being a bit delusional, to think that Ford debut an all new design, had a press day specifically for the 2010 shelby inviting every major car magazine in the country to get their take on this car, just to make a ''far superior" 2011, yeah that makes perfect sense,lol.

i'm not saying mines will be the best out there, i'm just pointing out how a business operates, specifically a car company, more than likely a car company WILL NOT OUTSHINE AN ALL NEW REDESIGNED MODEL THE FOLLOWING YEAR AFTER ITS DEBUT, that's all i'm saying, and if hell freezes over and ford desides to make a "far superior" 2011, well good for them, its just not good business sense, and unlikely, and i'm not going to be whining, i'm one of those people who will buy a car not only for the performance and technology, i buy a car that i like to look at, as long as i look at my car and a big smile comes to my face, i'll always be pleased with my purchase, and i love to look at my 2010 shelby.

If Ford keep making beautifull cars, i will always be a fan of Ford.

+1 Couldn't agree more.

Megan

Quit freaking out people. If it has more HP, bump yours up. That's the beauty of this engine. You aren't screwed the way a 2010 GT owner with a 4.6L is. I don't mean that car sucks or anything, but the 2011 is getting not only more power but a new screaming engine. Our engine is the same as the 2011 with a little more belly =D

I share your exact feelings on every single point you made in the aforementioned paragraph. You and I are on the EXACT same page... :happy feet:

20ixcmr.gif

I remember having that feeling....

:) Some people might think that weird..but I'm glad I'm not the only one with the thought. I seriously would if I could.

Talked to a guy that was building the 2011 GT pre production. 1. 5.0 alum 4valve 400hp 6 speed standard on the GT. 2 .NO change in the rear end or any body panels. No change in design until 2013. Not sure about the GT500 but look for 600HP. KR 700 HP maybe. So the design is with us until 2013 so get used to it.

I honestly think that ford intended to use the AL block in the 2010 all along, but kept it an extra year to sell off most of their iron block back stock. That why the hood was closed on all the 2010 GT500 show cars. 09 sold alot less then they probably expected in 08 when they probably cast the blocks.

I honestly think that ford intended to use the AL block in the 2010 all along, but kept it an extra year to sell off most of their iron block back stock. That why the hood was closed on all the 2010 GT500 show cars. 09 sold alot less then they probably expected in 08 when they probably cast the blocks.

mehhh

hood was always closed on the 2007 show cars as well, they always are

Also, you cant spot an Al block very easily looking at the car in a show with the hood up

I am in the wait and see corner myself. I see no reason why Ford would not switch to an aluminum block, especially since Chevy has said they are going to go forward with the Z28.

Having said that, I understand how people can get upset over updates to newer models. When I bought my 99 Cobra it was the most technologically advanced Mustang ever. Then the 2003s came out and I was really bummed. But I got over it. I still smile every time I get behind the wheel of my antiquated but paid for 99.

If I get a 2011 GT500 I just hope the smile is bigger and that's exactly as it should be.

• 3 weeks later...

So is there anybody that can please confirm that the 2011 is going to have a Al.block? This is the only thing holding me back from buying a 2010 right now. The reason I'm asking because these is the last Gt500 Im going to buy for a while. and from my sig you can see why I would want the alum.block, I really don't care about the rest. I'm going for a blk on blk vert this time.

Please someone give me an answer.

Hec332, all the Mustang forums I surf are indicating the 2011 GT500 will be an all aluminum SC 5.4 with a small bump in HP 10-15. News stories indicate the Z28 will have the "LSA” 6.2L V-8 SC with 556 HP. So a 15 hp bump would put the GT500 at an even match. I am also holding off on a 2010 because of the 2011 SC 5.4 all aluminum rumors. If the 2011 doesn't have the SC 5.4 all aluminum block, I don't consider the wait a waste of time because I will have saved up more money for mods and will take a left over 2010 if the deal is better.

Hec332, all the Mustang forums I surf are indicating the 2011 GT500 will be an all aluminum SC 5.4 with a small bump in HP 10-15. News stories indicate the Z28 will have the "LSA” 6.2L V-8 SC with 556 HP. So a 15 hp bump would put the GT500 at an even match. I am also holding off on a 2010 because of the 2011 SC 5.4 all aluminum rumors. If the 2011 doesn't have the SC 5.4 all aluminum block, I don't consider the wait a waste of time because I will have saved up more money for mods and will take a left over 2010 if the deal is better.

Will the chebby come stock with a TVS?

The aluminum block 5.4L is a done deal and will be here very, very soon in the 500's.

Several of the new 5.0L Mustangs have been built and are out being tested and examined as we speak. I have this from impeccable sources. One source, as I spoke to him, stated that he was looking at the car as we spoke. He was very, very impressed by the motor, but wasn't sure if the HP rating was 400 or 425.

For the younger members here, these are very exciting times in the automotive industry. It reminds me of the late 1960's and early 1970's. Enjoy it - because it won't last forever before big brother steps in again and puts a hammer to everything like it did back then. B)

HP rating at 400 to 425? For a GT500 with aluminum block their going to go down in HP? Something does not sound right about that...I think you mean 500 to 525..right? Why woudl we buy aluminum engine with LESS HP?? And yeah I know weight savings but, I would not buy it...with less hp.

HP rating at 400 to 425? For a GT500 with aluminum block their going to go down in HP? Something does not sound right about that...I think you mean 500 to 525..right? Why woudl we buy aluminum engine with LESS HP?? And yeah I know weight savings but, I would not buy it...with less hp.

I am pretty sure he was referring to the new 5.0 Mustang GT motors.

"Several of the new 5.0L Mustangs have been built and are out being tested and examined as we speak. I have this from impeccable sources. One source, as I spoke to him, stated that he was looking at the car as we spoke. He was very, very impressed by the motor, but wasn't sure if the HP rating was 400 or 425."

I am pretty sure he was referring to the new 5.0 Mustang GT motors.

"Several of the new 5.0L Mustangs have been built and are out being tested and examined as we speak. I have this from impeccable sources. One source, as I spoke to him, stated that he was looking at the car as we spoke. He was very, very impressed by the motor, but wasn't sure if the HP rating was 400 or 425."

I see now.....thanks!

So is there anybody that can please confirm that the 2011 is going to have a Al.block? This is the only thing holding me back from buying a 2010 right now. The reason I'm asking because these is the last Gt500 Im going to buy for a while. and from my sig you can see why I would want the alum.block, I really don't care about the rest. I'm going for a blk on blk vert this time.

Please someone give me an answer.

No offense but you obviously do not care about weight if you are going with a vert

The vert will far outweigh any of the gains by going with an Al block

If you want a vert, I dont think it matters, either way its a fat pig.

Now a coupe with the al block is a different story

I think you guys are putting way too much stock into the block change. It isn't as big a deal as people seem to be making out.

I've been told 90-100 lbs. off the front end is HUGE! Not only does it make the car handle better and be more predictable (the Z06 is near 50/50 weight distribution), but the parts will hold up better in the long run. The one thing I did not like about my 08 is the feeling that the car wanted to continue plowing forward when going thru turns...this should get rid of most, if not all, of that IMO.

The aluminum block in a convertible will weigh just as much less as in a hardtop, therefore it will make a difference in a convertible. Less weight up front and less weight overall is a good thing.

But, as you noted, a hardtop would be a better option vs the convertible as far as saving weight with the aluminum block if you are really looking for the "go fast, handling" factor with the additional weight savings.

But, nothing looks "cooler" than a vert. I'll take the extra weight any day, as my track racing days are over.

I've been told 90-100 lbs. off the front end is HUGE! Not only does it make the car handle better and be more predictable (the Z06 is near 50/50 weight distribution), but the parts will hold up better in the long run. The one thing I did not like about my 08 is the feeling that the car wanted to continue plowing forward when going thru turns...this should get rid of most, if not all, of that IMO.

Most people, unless you are a serious road racer or drag racer, are not going to feel a 90 lb. difference. The car weighs almost 2 tons, you really think that you are going to be able feel 90 lbs. The average driver will hardly notice a difference of -90 lbs. in the front. Continuing to plow foward when going thru the turns has been fixed in the 2010 thru suspension changes.

The one thing I did not like about my 08 is the feeling that the car wanted to continue plowing forward when going thru turns...this should get rid of most, if not all, of that IMO.

That was suspension tuning and components. Notice all the reviews of the 2010 say this is gone. No weight reduction.

Less weight isn't bad, it's good. I'd expect the lighter car to be 1/10th of a second faster in the quarter and have zero handling improvements that are measurable or felt. The weight reduction is basically the equivalent in performance of 10 extra horsepower. A GT feels slightly more nimble, but that is because it is 400 lbs less.

Archived