TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heres something for the 2011 Guys!!

Michael Morris

Chevy has been doing this for years with the Corvette Z51 package. It gave you a closer gear ratio, stiffer springs & shocks, oil & tranny cooler.

I guess I'm disappointed that a bunch of things are changing in just one model year. I was fine with the iron to aluminum block switch. However, if the car is going to look different now and maybe other things that kind of sucks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm disappointed that a bunch of things are changing in just one model year. I was fine with the iron to aluminum block switch. However, if the car is going to look different now and maybe other things that kind of sucks.

Don't believe it dude. This is all just RUMORS! There are not gonna be that many changes. People like to act like they got the "inside information" when in fact they don't know S**T. Don't sweat it my brutha.

Don't believe it dude. This is all just RUMORS! There are not gonna be that many changes. People like to act like they got the "inside information" when in fact they don't know S**T. Don't sweat it my brutha.

Hey, bud, you're new here. Give yourself some time - so you can at some point share an informed opinion.

I wouldnt think ANYTHING on the car will change except a few options and maybe the block.

MM

Here is a reputable source saying that he would be suprised if anything will change except for a few options. I don't consider "looks" an option...so what if they do change looks, so what if they don't. I do not understand why there are people coming here, going out of their way to give us some of their "inside" information (not talking about MM). You come, make your point/opinion, great, no need to rub it in. You think we got screwed buying an 2010, why didn't you make a post in the beginning of the 2010 forum that said, WAIT DONT BUY A 2010, BUY A 2011, IT'LL BE SO MUCH BETTER!! if your knowledge about the 2011 GT500 was so great. I saw no such post. Yet you are more than willing to argue that all these great things will be happening to the 2011. It's like you are low-blowing the people who bought a 2010 about a car you MIGHT buy and definetly do not have yet. Grow up boys. Be happy that we got a 2010 and I'll be happy if you get all this shit on a 2011. Fact is, I would think that most people who can afford a $50k car can do it again. If the 2011 is so much better I will buy one of them. If it's not worth it I will keep my 2010. Stop getting under peoples skin and low-line insulting a car they got by saying a car you might have in the future will be so much better.

Here is a reputable source saying that he would be suprised if anything will change except for a few options. I don't consider "looks" an option...so what if they do change looks, so what if they don't. I do not understand why there are people coming here, going out of their way to give us some of their "inside" information (not talking about MM). You come, make your point/opinion, great, no need to rub it in. You think we got screwed buying an 2010, why didn't you make a post in the beginning of the 2010 forum that said, WAIT DONT BUY A 2010, BUY A 2011, IT'LL BE SO MUCH BETTER!! if your knowledge about the 2011 GT500 was so great. I saw no such post. Yet you are more than willing to argue that all these great things will be happening to the 2011. It's like you are low-blowing the people who bought a 2010 about a car you MIGHT buy and definetly do not have yet. Grow up boys. Be happy that we got a 2010 and I'll be happy if you get all this shit on a 2011. Fact is, I would think that most people who can afford a $50k car can do it again. If the 2011 is so much better I will buy one of them. If it's not worth it I will keep my 2010. Stop getting under peoples skin and low-line insulting a car they got by saying a car you might have in the future will be so much better.

Yep

Come on folks. Its just rumors right now. I just posted what I saw in the order bank. If Ford decided to change the rear fascia, no big deal really. 09 cars got Sat radio standard, but I wasnt upset because I didnt get in on my 08.

If Ford doesnt make a few changes every year what would be the reason for the new car to sell??

MM

I know I couldn't handle the loss on a trade or selling the car outright for a 2011 if it's vastly better. This car was a bit of a stretch for me financially. I bought it with the attentions of trying to help Ford out for not taking bailout money. Had all that not happened with GM and Chrysler I'd have waited till next year. Oh well...

Come on folks. Its just rumors right now. I just posted what I saw in the order bank. If Ford decided to change the rear fascia, no big deal really. 09 cars got Sat radio standard, but I wasnt upset because I didnt get in on my 08.

If Ford doesnt make a few changes every year what would be the reason for the new car to sell??

MM

Well some people buy their cars then get disaapointed if improvements are made to the later models. I never understood that. By 2013 or so the GT500 will probably be pushing 600 hp. What then?

Well some people buy their cars then get disaapointed if improvements are made to the later models. I never understood that. By 2013 or so the GT500 will probably be pushing 600 hp. What then?

I for one never had a problem with major improvements over the years. However, they tend to come every three to four.....not one.

Hello All, I was just wondering if there has been any updates on the price and option question concernig the 2011 gt500 yet? Thanks Joe

Wondering when orders for coupes will be able to be made....

I'm hoping the order guides show up on FMC Dealer within a month or so. Since order banks open on the 23rd of November, they should be able to view and post up for others to see. If the GT500 order guide is released with the regular GT and V6 Mustangs, then you should be able to at least order your car from your dealer on the 23rd. There won't be any scheduling for a long while, but the order should be able to be added into the order banks.

I for one never had a problem with major improvements over the years. However, they tend to come every three to four.....not one.

well said, as far as I seen, the 07 shelby was just as good as an 09, and i have never seen a motor company bring in an all new redesigned model and make drastic improvements on the performance of the same vehicle one year later, suttle touches maybe, but not drastic changes.

If ford decides to make drastic changes in the performance of the 2011 shelby, they will paint a very bad picture of their company, who's going to want to spend 50k on a car that will be drastically outperformed by the next model year, doesn't make sense, which is why i don't think ford will do such a thing.

well said, as far as I seen, the 07 shelby was just as good as an 09, and i have never seen a motor company bring in an all new redesigned model and make drastic improvements on the performance of the same vehicle one year later, suttle touches maybe, but not drastic changes.

If ford decides to make drastic changes in the performance of the 2011 shelby, they will paint a very bad picture of their company, who's going to want to spend 50k on a car that will be drastically outperformed by the next model year, doesn't make sense, which is why i don't think ford will do such a thing.

Pontiac released the 350HP LS1 GTO in 2004, followed by the vastly superior 400HP LS2 GTO in 2005. Ford could do the same.

Drastic change? No, but change? Yes. Ford sold, and is selling, 2010s. Ford will sell 2011s with purported improvements. They're a car company trying to sell cars. It's a competitive industry. They are not going to hold back to appease someone who has already purchased a car, but focus on varibles necessary to aid in selling future cars. It makes no sense to think otherwise. If you purchased an 2010 and are upset that the 2011 model has an aluminum block, lighter and possibly more hp/tq, then you can do one of three things as followed: 1) keep the car and whine about it, 2) keep the car and be happy about it, or 3) buy a 2011. I don't think that Ford will lose any sleep over it, but would perfer the latter.

Every year they are going to get better or at least every other year...more than likely. Especially now with less people buying you gotta do something to pull people in. I mean..if they did nothing for 3 plus years...they would have a crap load of cars on the lot. Especially in the speciality market as the Shelby GT500 falls into. I mean how many people are buying one every year or ever couple of years? Gotta change things to make people want them. The rest of the DD types don't need a change quite so much. However if you notice now...it makes no sense as a 2010 can come out at the beginning of 2009..the model year thing ain't like it used to be Sept and Oct of the year before when the new models come out. Everyone racing to get that dollar from teh consumer. Now with more brands and more competition....your going to see somethhing new every year. Trust me I am the first to the latest and greatest but, at some point you have to say...unless your rich...I got what I wanted and I will wait til this is paid for before I look to add to the stable. It's not sometimes what you want to hear but, hey...we ain't all rich. So ...I am going to set back..and hopefully pick up a used GT500 and be happy as a pig in slop!

Drastic change? No, but change? Yes. Ford sold, and is selling, 2010s. Ford will sell 2011s with purported improvements. They're a car company trying to sell cars. It's a competitive industry. They are not going to hold back to appease someone who has already purchased a car, but focus on varibles necessary to aid in selling future cars. It makes no sense to think otherwise. If you purchased an 2010 and are upset that the 2011 model has an aluminum block, lighter and possibly more hp/tq, then you can do one of three things as followed: 1) keep the car and whine about it, 2) keep the car and be happy about it, or 3) buy a 2011. I don't think that Ford will lose any sleep over it, but would perfer the latter.

I love my 2010 and wouldn't trade it in for the world, thats just my opinion, and my observation of how almost every car manufacturer operates over the model period of a vehicle, i did many case studies on the car industry, and ChrisSD I really don't think Ford is going to take a page from Pontiac way of doing business,lol.

I love my 2010 and wouldn't trade it in for the world, thats just my opinion, and my observation of how almost every car manufacturer operates over the model period of a vehicle, i did many case studies on the car industry, and ChrisSD I really don't think Ford is going to take a page from Pontiac way of doing business,lol.

I'm with you BigZ. I love my 2010. I mean, I waited years and years to get a new car....this particular model and year caught my eye.

I never cared personally for any of the "edge" design years ('99-'04) and the design of the '05 & '06's were really sweet. Back then however, I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to buy a car right then. Then the Shelby GT500's came out in '07..that peaked my interest..but after hearing about the dealer mark ups on them...I totally rejected them.

I still can't believe I have the car I do now. I'm going to enjoy it until the end. It was a bit of a financial stretch for me too. So I can't afford to be changing out cars ever other year based on small changes. I for one could care less about the aluminum block in the 2011...makes no difference to me. And as far as more power..maybe 10 or 20 HP? No biggie. Nope.

I love my car and I'm quite happy...beyond happy actually. If I could, I'd pull it into my bedroom...and sleep in it every night! :wub:

LOL!

I'm with you BigZ. I love my 2010. I mean, I waited years and years to get a new car....this particular model and year caught my eye.

I never cared personally for any of the "edge" design years ('99-'04) and the design of the '05 & '06's were really sweet. Back then however, I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to buy a car right then. Then the Shelby GT500's came out in '07..that peaked my interest..but after hearing about the dealer mark ups on them...I totally rejected them.

I still can't believe I have the car I do now. I'm going to enjoy it until the end. It was a bit of a financial stretch for me too. So I can't afford to be changing out cars ever other year based on small changes. I for one could care less about the aluminum block in the 2011...makes no difference to me. And as far as more power..maybe 10 or 20 HP? No biggie. Nope.

I love my car and I'm quite happy...beyond happy actually. If I could, I'd pull it into my bedroom...and sleep in it every night! :wub:

LOL!

I share your exact feelings on every single point you made in the aforementioned paragraph. You and I are on the EXACT same page... :happy feet:

Well lemme guess....When Ford produces the far superior 2011 GT500 people like you will make whining posts about how its so unfair to previous owners and how you will never ever buy anything Ford again. Same old selfish crap. I got mine so all improvements should stop for several years. Well guess what? There will always be a better Mustang. It can come 1 year after or several years after but there will always be a better one on the way.

Archived