TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone looking for a new KR?

GT500_ROCKS

OK guys, I need some advice. I've been talking with the dealer here who has three KR's. One is the 2008 silver with blue stripes, hid lights, Nav. Number 301 out of 1011. I have a 2007 GT500 which he will give me $41,000 trade, but wont go less than $65,000 on the KR. Of course I'm trying and really cant afford more than $60,000 on the KR. Any advice for me on this deal? I may beable to go up a little if needed.

OK guys, I need some advice. I've been talking with the dealer here who has three KR's. One is the 2008 silver with blue stripes, hid lights, Nav. Number 301 out of 1011. I have a 2007 GT500 which he will give me $41,000 trade, but wont go less than $65,000 on the KR. Of course I'm trying and really cant afford more than $60,000 on the KR. Any advice for me on this deal? I may beable to go up a little if needed.

well i can tell you if he is giving 41k on your 07 trade he is taking money from the 08 KR to do that this is why he wont go lower on the KR, that is a good deal and by doing it that way you pay less in tax. which dealer out of curiosity? GL

I would do that deal if I were you, doesn't sound bad to me since most likely the most you could get for your 07 is $35,000 if you tried to sell it on your own.

I agree with the previous two responses. KRs without navi are going for around $60,000 or a just a little less. The one you're looking at has navi, so you can figure $61,500 might be the "market" price. They're willing to do $65,000 so that's a difference of $3500. However, you're getting a great deal on the trade-in at $41,000, so even if you could sell your current car yourself for $37,000, you're making up $4000 to the positive by trading it in. Now you're $500 ahead ($4000 minus $3500). The tax savings are going to be huge. You'll only be paying tax on $24,000 ($65,000 minus $41,000). I don't know what your rate is, but here's what it would it would come out to here in Arizona...8.3% tax on $65,000 = $5395; 8.3% tax on $24,000 = $1992. So, now you're saving another $3,403 in taxes if your rate is 8.3%.

I would go for it if I were you. Looks like a good deal all the way around.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, that all makes since and I was thinking all the same, just needed to here it from others to see if I was being realistic. I will let you know how it goes this week. If you don't mind, I will make the deal or pass on it before giving the name of the dealer!! Not to be a bad guy.

Alright wish me luck and thanks so much for the input...

Thanks guys, that all makes since and I was thinking all the same, just needed to here it from others to see if I was being realistic. I will let you know how it goes this week. If you don't mind, I will make the deal or pass on it before giving the name of the dealer!! Not to be a bad guy.

Alright wish me luck and thanks so much for the input...

no problem was just going to add it to the list of dealers....GL

Now I'm working (or trying) to work some magic on my wife. She is not a big fan of this supercar stuff!!

Thanks again for all of your input. I love this forum and learn so much from it. It's like an extended family...

Go for it, Last week I (upgraded) traded my 2007 Tasca Shelby GT/SC, 6500 miles, Garage show car. 20 in CS 66. Shelby plus 6 piston, Won Best of Shelby ( Myrtle Beach Week 07 & 09 ) for an 08 KR. The deal was a deal I could not let go. 6 to 8 months from now I would have kick my self in the but for not taken it. The KR started on E-bay for 125,000, Then 100,000. Then droped even more; way more. Insurance not much more. I am a Retired State Trooper and I have driven several High Performance police vehicles over the last 25 years and my GT/SC had 466 rwhp (Tasca Dyno). I have to say that the 08 KR will make your hands shake and your stomach turn. I don't speed, but just the feel of driving the car. The car of what it is. The looks you get etc. Never driving anything like it.

VERY WELL SAID SIR! I LIKE it!! "Just the facts Ma'am!" (Thanks for your Service as a Trooper too!) For you to say the driving experience is THAT unique; what more can possibly be said??!!? i AGREE totally w/ your logic on the trade "up" too BTW!

Go for it, Last week I (upgraded) traded my 2007 Tasca Shelby GT/SC, 6500 miles, Garage show car. 20 in CS 66. Shelby plus 6 piston, Won Best of Shelby ( Myrtle Beach Week 07 & 09 ) for an 08 KR. The deal was a deal I could not let go. 6 to 8 months from now I would have kick my self in the but for not taken it. The KR started on E-bay for 125,000, Then 100,000. Then droped even more; way more. Insurance not much more. I am a Retired State Trooper and I have driven several High Performance police vehicles over the last 25 years and my GT/SC had 466 rwhp (Tasca Dyno). I have to say that the 08 KR will make your hands shake and your stomach turn. I don't speed, but just the feel of driving the car. The car of what it is. The looks you get etc. Never driving anything like it.

OK guys, I did the deed! I traded my 07 Torch Red GT500, which I truly loved in for my new love. Well, I do still love my wife, but that's a different category.

I purchased an 08KR silver with blue stripes #301. It came with everything HID, NAV, amb. lighting. The only thing it doesn't have is the 1000 stereo system and it didn't come with a

car cover. I wasn't sure if it should come with it or not, but it wasn't on the either of the two window stickers. The final deal was this! $41,000 for my trade in and $64,000 for the KR a $23,000

difference. While I was driving it home, i thought that this is worth every penny I paid for it. The car drives so nice and sounds really good too; I wasn't use the the KR exhaust compared to the

stock GT500 exhaust. I also kept my JLT CAI and tuner, the carbign craft mirrors, and most importantly the signed airbag cover!! I will take some photos and post them soon.

They do have two more KR's. They are black, no Navigation. I'm sure they will deal with anyone from this forum. The contact person is Caitlin Kerins at 631-265-2340 or email at

c.kerins@fordofsmithtown.com

And thanks to those and this forum for helping me make the decision of a life time.

OK guys, I did the deed! I traded my 07 Torch Red GT500, which I truly loved in for my new love. Well, I do still love my wife, but that's a different category.

I purchased an 08KR silver with blue stripes #301. It came with everything HID, NAV, amb. lighting. The only thing it doesn't have is the 1000 stereo system and it didn't come with a

car cover. I wasn't sure if it should come with it or not, but it wasn't on the either of the two window stickers. The final deal was this! $41,000 for my trade in and $64,000 for the KR a $23,000

difference. While I was driving it home, i thought that this is worth every penny I paid for it. The car drives so nice and sounds really good too; I wasn't use the the KR exhaust compared to the

stock GT500 exhaust. I also kept my JLT CAI and tuner, the carbign craft mirrors, and most importantly the signed airbag cover!! I will take some photos and post them soon.

They do have two more KR's. They are black, no Navigation. I'm sure they will deal with anyone from this forum. The contact person is Caitlin Kerins at 631-265-2340 or email at

And thanks to those and this forum for helping me make the decision of a life time.

Awesome!!!!! Congrats on your purchase...and you got a fantastic deal too.

Keep in mind that you'll find yourself looking out in the garage, saying to yourself, "is that really in my garage? Wow!"

Enjoy your new ride!

Joe

This dealer is CRAZY!

they will never learn!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:SS:MOTORS:1123

This is the dealership I take my cars to. That KR has been there a long time. As of last week there was also a silver KR with blue stripes. Both have been in the show room. I have wanted to buy that red one for some time now, but their price is just too crazy!

CONGRATS< enjoy! and PICS, lol

oh and update that signature :)

I detailed the KR yesterday and will take photos today! And I was looking into the garage and thinking "I can't believe I got a KR" While waxing it, I got to touch every square inch of her and she feels good :-)

I will change that signature and put some photos up real soon..

The KR is a wonderful car, my wife smiles every time she steals it, which is more often than I drive it. Her only concern is the front splitter, it keep her on her toes. ;)

I know I'd ruin the splitter if I had one. I would definitely be putting a GT500 plastic splitter on and storing the carbon fiber one. It costs too much to replace the carbon fiber!!

I bought the Carbign Craft mirrors for the GT500 but just put them on the KR today. Full carbon fiber

The GT500 is fiacobras, we took them out today for some fun and a photo shoot...

This is my first look at the KR forum, and I hope to be making a home here later this week. I currently own '07SGT0332, but if everything works out, I will be buying an '08 GT500KR. I am trading in the SGT, and I am probably taking a little too little for it, but I have to get rid of it to get the KR and I don't have time to sell it individually. I am trying to do all of this from Afghanistan with the help of my wife in Texas, for a car in Florida. Thank God for the internet! It is Triple Black, with NAV, for just under $60K, not counting my trade. My SGT has about 7000 miles, and has the interior upgrade, and other minor touches, all Shelby. It is stored in a bubble and in great shape. I wish I could have them both. Anyway, I hope to be among the ranks of KR owners this week. By the way, great forum.

Archived