TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modding soon to be illegal

diamondback

Has anyone heard of this bill thats trying to be passed about making it illegal to mod any car later than 1969? All the car shows I have been going to have been freakin out about it.

I have a feeling this is just to funnel all automotive business through the goverment owned car manufaturers so they dont miss out on the billion dollar revenue it generates.

This country is screwed! I hope anyone who votes democrat is happy with what we all ended up with.

Has anyone heard of this bill thats trying to be passed about making it illegal to mod any car later than 1969? All the car shows I have been going to have been freakin out about it.

I have a feeling this is just to funnel all automotive business through the goverment owned car manufaturers so they dont miss out on the billion dollar revenue it generates.

This country is screwed! I hope anyone who votes democrat is happy with what we all ended up with.

I think this is an old internet hoax. I couldn't find the exact link but I've seen this one before.

Mod away :shift:

A bill like that would be front and center over at SEMA. They would be sounding the alarm from coast to coast if it's true, and I just checked the SEMA website and did not see any legistation like that there.

SEMA website link to their Goverment Affairs section.

http://www.sema.org/government-affairs

SEMA wouldn't stand a chance against SEIU and UAW now w/ their full government backing. Our freedoms are disappearing before our eyes, however many aren't hearing and seeing it yet.

Sounds sorta like the FCC trying to take Touched By An Angel off the air and the Procter & Gamble profits funding the Church of Satan....."I saw it on Offruh" Urban legend, hoax, out and out lie......all sounds the same. SEMA, Shelby, Roush, all the aftermarket vendors would be screaming bloody murder.

I don't know if this bill is true or not but I can see a day where they might try something of this nature, I think c4c was just testing the waters for something bigger down the road. The left simply cannot understand the car hobby and think we are all villians for the type of vehicles we drive.

Does this mean you guys can buy more gifts for your wife or girlfriend.... :happy feet:

This doesn't affect me at all I can't afford to buy any mods at this time except car freshners..... :cry::hysterical2: plus I would buy a house first and/or win the lottery.... .:lurk: I have to keep my priorities straight..... :happy feet:

And when I do win the lotto, Shelby or Camaro..... :headscratch::evil2.0::hysterical:

:hide:

Shelby, Rousch, Lingenfelter, Hennesey etc would love this, anyone who is already set up for 50 state certification will be the only way to get a "modified" car. I think this may be jumping the gun right now but I see it coming in the near future. Maybe during Obama's second term or after he has the 2 term limits voted out.

Calm down chicken little....the sky is not falling....would you like some cheese with your right wing nut whine.....Sounds like you get your news from rush....[the pig man] limbaugh.....this forum was not meant for facist scare tactics...Has your millionaire republican ceo shipped your job to china yet? So he can stuff a few more millions in his pocket from paying 3 dollors an hour. Think you could buy a Shelby on that salary.....P.S. why don't you go start your fires on some other web site!

Calm down chicken little....the sky is not falling....would you like some cheese with your right wing nut whine.....Sounds like you get your news from rush....[the pig man] limbaugh.....this forum was not meant for facist scare tactics...Has your millionaire republican ceo shipped your job to china yet? So he can stuff a few more millions in his pocket from paying 3 dollors an hour. Think you could buy a Shelby on that salary.....P.S. why don't you go start your fires on some other web site!

Check out the front page of the forums. Go to non automotive discussions. Check political banter. Stay there. No one wants to hear it.

QUOTE (stangme @ Sep 25 2009, 08:03 AM)

Check out the front page of the forums. Go to non automotive discussions. Check political banter. Stay there. No one wants to hear it.

:finger: and again don't forget to STAY there :finger:

Annoying. "this forum was not meant for facist scare tactics". Hmmmm.....then what are you doing? Don't post this crap here. This is about Shelby's and all related matters.

I agree with your point about the political banter but this who thread is rife with it. I would just move the whole thread.

Roger

Agreed. At first it was like ok but the one i quoted drove it over the edge. Im in agreement this might be a banter thread that needs to go that way. Unless we can talk about a modding bill without politics. Wich we cant. Good subject though.

I will see if I can find the flyer from one of the car shows that had the details on it.

That would be great because I monitor the SEMA site quite closely, and have not seen any pending legistation regarding a ban on vehicle modifications. I checked both national as well as state by state; including Wisconsin, and nothing like that exsists anywhere.

Archived