TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new "Berg" steering wheel emblem :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can tell its prob not necessary to disconnect the battery but I still would since it's easy and gives a margin of safety.

I agree with jmn444 better to be on the safe side . I'd also pull the fuse for the SRS ( #17 position I think ) because even static electricity can set off an airbag so don't wear a sweater while doing it either. I've set off a couple ( for demonstration purposes ) of airbags and you don't want to be taking chances . JMO

Nagging question, why is this topic referred to as the "berg" steering wheel emblem? I need some old Shelby buff to clear this up for me......

Philip 87 like the look of your steering wheel, where did you get the "wood" look?

This thread provides some history concerning the "Berg" snake... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/29774-shelby-gt-berg-faux-gas-cap/

Hey SVT NAJA looked at that thread and it did not answer my question!

C'mon somebody has to know....... We are all smart enough to buy a Shelby, right!

amydon91, on 10 Jan 2014 - 1:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Nagging question, why is this topic referred to as the "berg" steering wheel emblem? I need some old Shelby buff to clear this up for me......

Safety is the reason for Shelby not messing with different wheel badges.

Here's a safe option that's OEM..

I opted to swap out stock mustang airbag cover for a stock 2010/2011 Shelby cover.

$129 on big auction site.

ab5.jpg

ab8.jpg

wheel2.jpg

Swapping the cover is EXACTLY what I want to do. How did you do it?

Philip 87 like the look of your steering wheel, where did you get the "wood" look?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the man that came up with the Berg snake?? Looking at his signature it looks like it.

SAI President (Amy) approved on 12/12/07 (Exclusive SGT cap is now available from SAI. Shelby Store 6/6/08).

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/user/8665-bergshelby/

The "Berg" emblem is named such as he was the person who first submitted the idea to use the 69-70 (I think) Shelby snake as the emblem for the SGT so that it was different than the "Tiffany" snake of the GT500 and yet as a snake emblem that had a true connection and heritage with the Shelby name. It was a great idea and the nick name stuck which was better than the previous "S" snake.

I saw that, but these stickers are different I am pretty sure. Shaving all that plastic off seems like overkill.

Anybody answer this question? This emblem is different than the one JMN444 put on, it seems flatter. If it fits I'm not shaving plastic if I don't have to. I'll be nervous enough just prying of the tri-bar pony emblem!!!

IASHELBYGT the emblem I had was "flatter" than the original tri-bar Mustang emblem. I used a drimmel to "cut" or "sand down" the small ribs of rubber. I was nervous as well but it worked perfectly. If you follow JMN444 instructions you will not fail.

Great, thanks for the info!

installed mine.

didnt disconnect battery.

didnt tape of wheel, so i paid for my lack of patience with a nic on the edge of the wheel center.

shaved down ridges.

added small amount of hot glue.

best guess, attached emblem.

works for me :)

2014-01-19 14.07.31(s).jpg

2014-01-19 14.06.55(s).jpg

2014-01-19 13.31.05(s).jpg

2014-01-19 13.25.33(s).jpg

installed mine.

didnt disconnect battery.

didnt tape of wheel, so i paid for my lack of patience with a nic on the edge of the wheel center.

shaved down ridges.

added small amount of hot glue.

best guess, attached emblem.

works for me :)

Did you shave them down with a Razor also? Do you have to shave them down the whole way? The instructions said to use super glue on the edges, I might wait because it is so cold here, afraid the sticker will not adhere correctly.

i shaved down the center ribs best i could to near flat. but, mind you, it is not nearly perfect. just pretty close to evenly flat all across.

i did it with a sharp pocket knife.

i used a thin layer of hot glue.

adhered instantly.

Archived