TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Insurance Premium

LuisA

Does anybody have a KR insured as a daily driver? If so, cost. I'd like to sell the '08 vert for one; but, I think the insurance is going to be a deal breaker.

I had it insured with a stated value of $80,000 through Progressive till I found the right collector car insurance. It was over $2000 per year.

I had it insured with a stated value of $80,000 through Progressive till I found the right collector car insurance. It was over $2000 per year.

Thanks. I love the car; but I don't think I want that premium. That's about double from my GT500.

OK, here it is.....Barrett Jackson/Delp sent two policies:

1) Auto Policy

2) Collectors policy

Here is my understanding of thsese two pilicies:

- They like mileage to be around 2,500 miles/yr.......no where listed actual mileage, this is verbal from Shannon (covering for Amy).

- Vehicle usage:

On Collectors policy: An exotic auto (ours per their definition) is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, or for a private

collection and used only infrequently for other purposes. Exclusions: instruction, drivers education, preparation, practice, testing

or participation for or in any race, speed contest, or pre-arranged handling or performance test; operation of the vehicle when

used more than infrequently: to drive to work, school, errands, during course of your business, as backup or substitute

transportation; driven by any person under 25 years.

On Auto Policy: We do not cover any loss to your collector auto (which includes exotic autos by their deffinition) arising out of the

ownership, maintenance or operation of the vehicle when it is: used to drive to work, school, errands, used during the course of

your business or occupation, used as backup or substitute transportation.

As you can see from above, the COLLECTORS and AUTO policies are contradictory. Shannon will email me, letting me know which

one prevails. I'll let you all know.

- you must own a principal means of transportation which must be insured by this or a separate policy that must be in effect for the entire time this policy is in effect. In no event will this policy serve as your only auto coverage.

After reading BOTH, Delp is a bit less restrictive, but not by much........let's see what Shannon has to say.

Here is Shannon's calrification:

Mr. ,

The purpose of including those exclusions in the auto form is because it is regarding loss to your vehicle and that coverage is provided not in that policy, but in the collections policy. It really is to clarify from where the coverage comes from. The auto policy provides the liability coverage 9not the physical damage coverage).

The exclusion under

Section IV, E. – Exclusions is amended to include the following:

Collector Auto,

3. We do not cover any loss to your collector auto arising out of the ownership, maintenance or operation of the vehicle when it is used more than infrequently:

to drive to work, school, or for errands; or

during the course of your business or occupation; or

as backup or substitute transportation for a vehicle other than a collector auto

would be the one that would apply.

The mileage criteria of 2,500 are not stipulated in the policy and do not appear on the declarations page. We do not audit the mileage at the end of the policy term.

I hope this answers your questions but if I can provide anything further, feel free to contact me. If you would like us to proceed with binding coverage, please let me know.

Best Regards,

With this clarification Delp is less restrictive in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
Time to shop for insurance. Hagerty went up from $1k on the GT500 to $1500 on the KR. I'm NOT paying that much for a car I can only drive 2500 miles a year !

I'll be giving Amy a call later today.

Definitely give Amy a call. I'm very pleased with the service and I actually switched all my insurance (cars and home) over to her. My previous agent couldn't figure out how to reply to an email or phone call. He doesn't even know he's been fired yet!

Tell her I said hello!

Joe

Archived