TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie, thanks and a question

9599svt

This is my first post, Ive been looking on this site for a few months now just trying to learn as much as I can. First I want to thank all the knowledgeable people that answer and help everyone on here. A few months back my parents bought an 09 shelby KR, and after they let me take it for a spin I just knew I needed a shelby to. I owened a 95 lightning and curently own a 99 lightning so I a know how enjoyeable SVT vehicles are. So to my question, In the middle of July I went to the dealer my parents bought there KR from and order a 2010 grabber blue, white stripes, HID lights, and shaker 1000 GT500. At first they weren't sure if they could get it ( cut production ) a week later they called me and said I would get it for sure but it probably would be in till late fall or early winter. (Wisconsin) Last week I found the same car but in Kona blue at a differant dealer so I called Ford just to try and get some info on the car I ordered, and they had the order in there computer but it was on material hold? Does this mean that I will get the car I ordered at some point?

This is my first post, Ive been looking on this site for a few months now just trying to learn as much as I can. First I want to thank all the knowledgeable people that answer and help everyone on here. A few months back my parents bought an 09 shelby KR, and after they let me take it for a spin I just knew I needed a shelby to. I owened a 95 lightning and curently own a 99 lightning so I a know how enjoyeable SVT vehicles are. So to my question, In the middle of July I went to the dealer my parents bought there KR from and order a 2010 grabber blue, white stripes, HID lights, and shaker 1000 GT500. At first they weren't sure if they could get it ( cut production ) a week later they called me and said I would get it for sure but it probably would be in till late fall or early winter. (Wisconsin) Last week I found the same car but in Kona blue at a differant dealer so I called Ford just to try and get some info on the car I ordered, and they had the order in there computer but it was on material hold? Does this mean that I will get the car I ordered at some point?

It seems getting a 2010 at this point is a roll of the dice. It very well may turn into a 2011 order before long. It's up to you as to how bad you need it. Given the time of year and where you live it might be worth holding out for either the car to be built as a 2010 or 2011.

It seems getting a 2010 at this point is a roll of the dice. It very well may turn into a 2011 order before long. It's up to you as to how bad you need it. Given the time of year and where you live it might be worth holding out for either the car to be built as a 2010 or 2011.

Thanks, I guess that is what Im looking for is some assurance that I will get one even if it turns into a 2011. I will end up picking the car up in an enclosed trailer if it comes after the snow falls because I wont drive it in salt. So Im not in that big of a hurry just dont want to hear that they no longer are making them and had an oppertunity to buy one off the lot. Thanks again

Thanks, I guess that is what Im looking for is some assurance that I will get one even if it turns into a 2011. I will end up picking the car up in an enclosed trailer if it comes after the snow falls because I wont drive it in salt. So Im not in that big of a hurry just dont want to hear that they no longer are making them and had an oppertunity to buy one off the lot. Thanks again

Michael is great--got my car from him--first car deliveered in Ga.he'll work out delivery to whereevr you are.

in there computer but it was on material hold? Does this mean that I will get the car I ordered at some point?

As far as I know that means that the order was placed but that dealer doesn't have an allocation to get a car right now since you. Material hold is the status you get right after an order is placed but the factory has not pulled the order yet. If the dealer has an allocation when the order is placed it would get be pulled by factory within a couple weeks. The car I ordered on July 8th is still on material hold as well. Glad I stopped waiting and found a pretty similar car on a lot.

This is just from info I gathered on these forums over the past few months.

As far as I know that means that the order was placed but that dealer doesn't have an allocation to get a car right now since you. Material hold is the status you get right after an order is placed but the factory has not pulled the order yet. If the dealer has an allocation when the order is placed it would get be pulled by factory within a couple weeks. The car I ordered on July 8th is still on material hold as well. Glad I stopped waiting and found a pretty similar car on a lot.

This is just from info I gathered on these forums over the past few months.

I thank MR Morris for the offer but if I do decide to get a differant car than what I ordered I think it would be most convenient for me to get the Kona blue one in my home state that has the options I am looking for. I thank you so much though for the offer. I really like the grabber blue but I think the Kona blue is also a great color. As far as the dealer not having an allocation that is what im wondering about, they are a respectable dealer that has recieved ford's presidential award for the past seven years in a row, and has been an SVT dealer from the beginning. So I still dont know what to do? Either way I dont even have two full months left before the snow flies and the car would be parked and not brought out again till almost May.

I thank MR Morris for the offer but if I do decide to get a differant car than what I ordered I think it would be most convenient for me to get the Kona blue one in my home state that has the options I am looking for. I thank you so much though for the offer. I really like the grabber blue but I think the Kona blue is also a great color. As far as the dealer not having an allocation that is what im wondering about, they are a respectable dealer that has recieved ford's presidential award for the past seven years in a row, and has been an SVT dealer from the beginning. So I still dont know what to do? Either way I dont even have two full months left before the snow flies and the car would be parked and not brought out again till almost May.

He might have gotten 5 allocations, but might have sold them all and hoping to get an extra!

Bad thing about the allocation stuff.

MM

He might have gotten 5 allocations, but might have sold them all and hoping to get an extra!

Bad thing about the allocation stuff.

MM

They have not got any in yet. They told me they have had one on order for stock for a while, and then my order and that is it. I was the first and last personal order that they took? They told me they talked to there represenative and he told them I would get my car? The other dealer that has the Kona blue 500 ordered theres very early in the year and was supposed to get it by May but it didn't come in till August.

Archived