TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purchase Opinions

Vince_NJ

Hello. Over this past weekend, I was visiting a relative and after dinner we strolled through the auto dealer where he works (does anybody else do this too :confused: ?) when I came across a new 2008 KR. I was instantly smitten! I have an opportunity to purchase the car for what I feel is a reasonable, although not inconsequential, price. Though I consider myself a car guy, I am not very familiar with this particular model. I've owned mostly GMs in the past. Of course I am aware of Mr. Shelby and his contributions to the muscle car era. I am hoping you can give me your thoughts on the 08 KR and also why you feel it is worth such a considerable premium over the GT500. I've been a member of many forums and I know how quickly something can turn into a controversy - whether it be about price or otherwise. That is NOT my intent. I am seriously interested in this car, but it is a lot of money for me, and I just want to learn as much as I can before I make my decision. No opinion is wrong and any response would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Vince

$65k. It has all options except Navigation. I'm told that this is the dealer cost after all manufacturer givebacks. My brother is the GM of another dealer that the owner of the Ford dealer owns. I trust him implicitly....but am also quite aware that this is how he earns his living, so I'm sure there is profit somewhere!

$65k. It has all options except Navigation. I'm told that this is the dealer cost after all manufacturer givebacks. My brother is the GM of another dealer that the owner of the Ford dealer owns. I trust him implicitly....but am also quite aware that this is how he earns his living, so I'm sure there is profit somewhere!

That is close to what I gave for mine but there is a couple on here that gave in the $59,000 range.

Hello. Over this past weekend, I was visiting a relative and after dinner we strolled through the auto dealer where he works (does anybody else do this too :confused: ?) when I came across a new 2008 KR. I was instantly smitten! I have an opportunity to purchase the car for what I feel is a reasonable, although not inconsequential, price. Though I consider myself a car guy, I am not very familiar with this particular model. I've owned mostly GMs in the past. Of course I am aware of Mr. Shelby and his contributions to the muscle car era. I am hoping you can give me your thoughts on the 08 KR and also why you feel it is worth such a considerable premium over the GT500. I've been a member of many forums and I know how quickly something can turn into a controversy - whether it be about price or otherwise. That is NOT my intent. I am seriously interested in this car, but it is a lot of money for me, and I just want to learn as much as I can before I make my decision. No opinion is wrong and any response would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Vince

Hey Vince, welcome to the forum. I think that not only are you paying for a car that has expensive add ons as compared to the GT500 but you will be paying for a car that is unique (i.e. very few of them on the road) It handles like a dream and sounds awesome. If you do purchase it be very careful of the carbon fibre parts!

Wayne

I paid $59,900 for mine. Only 1011 such cars made in 08 and 700 in o9.

For that you get a GT500 that was moded at SAI with:

Super Duper expensive CF hood

Super Duper expensive CF front air scoop

Super Duper expensive CF mirror covers

3.73 gearing on differential

FRPP short shifter with SAI white ball

FRPP KR mufflers

SAI H exhaust

KR F1 tires

Alcoa rims

Shelby SN and plaques on engine bay and dfashboard

KR aluminum engine caps (only 6......none on the brake fuild reservoir!!!!!!!!)

FRPP CAI

TONS AND TONS of fun and looks

I wouldn't pay a penny over $59,900.....that is what they are going for now.

I paid $59,900 for mine. Only 1000 such cars made in 08 and 700 in o9.

For that you get a GT500 that was moded at SAI with:

Super Duper expensive CF hood

Super Duper expensive CF front air scoop

Super Duper expensive CF mirror covers

3.73 gearing on differential

FRPP short shifter with SAI white ball

FRPP KR mufflers

SAI H exhaust

KR F1 tires

Alcoa rims

Shelby SN and plaques on engine bay and dfashboard

KR aluminum engine caps (only 6......none on the brake fuild reservoir!!!!!!!!)

FRPP CAI

TONS AND TONS of fun and looks

I wouldn't pay a penny over $59,900.....that is what they are going for now.

And don't forget the differental breather/overflow tank too!

BTW, Luis, are you going to install the brake cooling ducts on your KR? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived