TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension Upgrades...

justindewoody

Guys...as you know I got the 20" wheels and tires, so now I plan on doing some suspension upgrades. I have ordered the FRPP dampers (M-18000-C), the FRPP lowering springs (M-5300-L), and the FRPP Anit-Roll Bar Kit (M-5490-B). I already have the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, so that means that I'm basically gonna have the entire FR3 Suspension Pack. My question is this...what is a panhard rod, what does it do, what are the advantages, do I really need one, how much are they, which brand is the best, what do you think I should do about the panhard rod, and are there any other suspension upgrades that you would recommend? Any input from all you experts is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The panhard bar is what centers the axle under the rear of the car. Usually when you lower the car (especially w/ 20's) the drivers side tire will stick out of the wheel well, while the passenger side is sucked in. Getting an adjustable Parhard bar will allow you to re-center everything back up. I went with a BMR adjustable bar. Companies also make a panhard bar brace, but lethal explained to me that this isn't usually necessary. They said that they only run the adjustable bar, NOT the brace. :shift:

Edit: you may need either camber bolts or Steeda's HD upper mounts to get alignment specs back in check. Good luck, and take lots of pics.

Guys...as you know I got the 20" wheels and tires, so now I plan on doing some suspension upgrades. I have ordered the FRPP dampers (M-18000-C), the FRPP lowering springs (M-5300-L), and the FRPP Anit-Roll Bar Kit (M-5490-B). I already have the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, so that means that I'm basically gonna have the entire FR3 Suspension Pack. My question is this...what is a panhard rod, what does it do, what are the advantages, do I really need one, how much are they, which brand is the best, what do you think I should do about the panhard rod, and are there any other suspension upgrades that you would recommend? Any input from all you experts is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Do you really need all that just to do burnouts up and down the street??

:hysterical:

Just kidding bud, don't put me on the list!!

The panhard bar is what centers the axle under the rear of the car. Usually when you lower the car (especially w/ 20's) the drivers side tire will stick out of the wheel well, while the passenger side is sucked in. Getting an adjustable Parhard bar will allow you to re-center everything back up. I went with a BMR adjustable bar. Companies also make a panhard bar brace, but lethal explained to me that this isn't usually necessary. They said that they only run the adjustable bar, NOT the brace. :shift:

Edit: you may need either camber bolts or Steeda's HD upper mounts to get alignment specs back in check. Good luck, and take lots of pics.

I did the FRPP springs, BMR Panhard and Roush Wheel Hop Reduction Kit. Also did the Steeda HD upper mounts to get the alignment where it should be.

Can anyone explain what the HD upper mounts are? And where can I buy the BMR panhard rod?

Some say that the S197 front strut mount can make a "popping" noise when tighter suspension components are added. I've also heard people say that the GT500s already have Heavy duty mounts. Here is a pic of Steeda's mounts. Camber bolts can be had for a fraction of the cost, but I just felt better going with these.

Lately I've been getting my stuff from Lethal Performance

:shift:

sincerely, the guy on your list.

Some say that the S197 front strut mount can make a "popping" noise when tighter suspension components are added. I've also heard people say that the GT500s already have Heavy duty mounts. Here is a pic of Steeda's mounts. Camber bolts can be had for a fraction of the cost, but I just felt better going with these.

Lately I've been getting my stuff from Lethal Performance

:shift:

sincerely, the guy on your list.

I just bought the BMR adjustable panhard rod from Lethal. Thanks for your input. I've removed you from the list for being helpful... ;)

100% exactly what he said! My car is set up that way also.

Cant wait to hear your results. I'm reluctant to modify the new suspension because they ride and handle so great. Everyone that lowers these cars report with lower ride quality. Is there a way to lower these cars w/o changing the way it rides and handles compared to stock 2010. I dont want it to handle like a 07-09

Cant wait to hear your results. I'm reluctant to modify the new suspension because they ride and handle so great. Everyone that lowers these cars report with lower ride quality. Is there a way to lower these cars w/o changing the way it rides and handles compared to stock 2010. I dont want it to handle like a 07-09

I put on Tociko adj shocks and struts when I lowered it and they made all the difference. Firm setting and its like a go cart, and full soft is just like stock. I'm sure you'd be pleased too. Griggs stuff is great, it's just more $$$$ Rear suspension alone will run $3K. Although I've heard (when road racing) it's Superior. Their set up eliminates the upper control arm in favor of a torque arm. If you get into a $5K SLA front end along with the rear, you'll be embarrassing ALL at your local track. I just beat the :censored: out of my car on the way to Costco, so I went with BMR/Steeda/FRPP and couldn't be happier. I've promised myself to NEVER ride in a Griggs equipped vehicle so I can live in my ignorant bliss.

Archived