TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Installation & Rivet Nuts

Well I printed the instructions on installation of hood scoops using rivet screws and was wondering if anyone had purchased these in bulk and had enough with some spares left over to sell so I could use them on my hood scoop replacement, seems like when I looked at the order post you had to buy them in bulk at 100 rivets per package.

If anyone knows were to get them in smaller amounts and could give me a heads up I would appreciate it.

GG

Well I printed the instructions on installation of hood scoops using rivet screws and was wondering if anyone had purchased these in bulk and had enough with some spares left over to sell so I could use them on my hood scoop replacement, seems like when I looked at the order post you had to buy them in bulk at 100 rivets per package.

If anyone knows were to get them in smaller amounts and could give me a heads up I would appreciate it.

GG

GG, what instructions are you referring to? Are you going to replace your current rivets w/ the rivet screws?

My current SGT/BJ was restriped silver and the hoodscoop repainted silver prior to purchase and shipment to Texarkana, a long story, but basically the dealer did it and failed to inform me, this was a rare car so I went ahead with purchase and because it was an automatic I worked through this by buying two red restiping kits.

The scoop has to be pulled becsause it needs to be sanded and painted red, to my knowledge it is an original hood scoop but is attached all the way around with rivets from being pulled when painted silver, but has no defects, some members have posted rivet nuts look better than regular rivets.

I am just trying to figure the best way to go on reattaching the hoodscoop while I get my stripes pulled and new ones put on, I did print off some instructions from somewhere that show the use of rivet screws and thought it was a good idea.

Past experience from forum members is always the best way to go, your thoughts....

GG

GG, what instructions are you referring to? Are you going to replace your current rivets w/ the rivet screws?

See my sig below ;)

The rivet nuts come in the 100 packaging; the bolts can be purchased by any quantity.

Hey GG,

Sorry, I guess I didn't catch that on the other thread! If I had leftovers, I would gladly pass them on to you, but I only got the 30 rivnuts that came with the Heath/Beck scoop! I do know that they are aluminum with 8/32 thread and a 1/4-inch installation hole drilled into the hood is required. The grip range appears to be about 1/4-inch or less.

I'm sure someone here probably purchased a pack of 100 and they would send some to you for a small fee!

If you still want a rivnut tool - you can have the one I got from Harbor Freight! It works OK, just takes a little patience!

Just send me a PM with your address and I'll get it in the mail!

Sam

AKA:

GG

i bought my bolts from homedepot pan heads

Archived