TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Galpïn Mus†ang Boss 302 [13 pïcs]

Jesse_Bolt

You are probably wondering why you are seeing this show in December when it usually runs in January, well they decided to move it to December this year.

2007GalpinMustangBoss30224.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30225.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30226.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30227.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30228.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30229.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30230.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30231.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30232.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30233.jpg

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to

JB

2007GalpinMustangBoss30234.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30235.jpg

2007GalpinMustangBoss30236.jpg

JB

LA AUTO SHOW 2007

SHOW DATES

Friday, December 1 - Sunday, December 10, 2006

TIMES

Fridays: 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Sundays: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Monday thru Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Convention Center

1201 South Figueroa Street

Los Angeles, California 90015

Adults: $10.00

Children: 12 and under - free when accompanied by an adult

Seniors (65): $7.00 on weekdays (Monday - Friday)

JB

Excellent copy of the original Boss 302 appearance. Personally, I don't like either the wheels or the rear window louvers. I love the deep chin spoiler and it is interesting that they chose to put the fogs behind the front grille.

For my money, I'd still like to see Ford take their own Boss 302 in a similar direction to the PJ Saleen, more of a modern intepretation of the original instead of a copy.

They really did do a nice job on it (saw it at SEMA) right down to the hockey-stick side-stripe being reflective like the original (that's why sometimes it looks white, sometimes black, depending on flash angle). They even found a new-old-stock Holley (780cfm, I think) carb for the Boss crate -- just for an extra touch of nostalgia.

But, I hooked on ECUs and no gas fumes now <lol> -- can't wait for the real-deal interpretation from FoMoCo herself ;-)

The silence has been deafening on the Boss -- I hope that bodes well.

Thats is one helluva sweet car. Except for the carburated part lol. Thats too much nostalgia for me. :stop: The stripe package is perfect though, the wheels..well. Galpin should check out Cervinis for those magnum 500s. Even a set of Bullits would look better on it. Nonetheless, nice effort for sure. Lets hope Ford makes a BOSS car like this but, makes more than 9000 of them. Thanks for posting these great photos!

KC666

That's usually a good sign. The chicken always quiets down before it lays the egg. :hysterical:

Mebbe we'll see something in Detroit? :hyper: :hyper:

I sure hope they don't just show the Bullitt. That would be weak.

Absolutely agreed, all has been slient recently, let's hope that changes. Ford can display the Bullitt but they better bring the Boss!!! :hyper:

• 3 weeks later...

Man GAS can do some nice work WTF happened on the MTV pimp my ride they made a mockery of the show!

RMays06, Dearborn... Are you related to JMays?

Yeah, Galpin did a really nice job... a lot of nice touches (aside from the wheels).

I was looking for the V12 "Vanquished" mustang at SEMA that Western Motorsports did -- but it never made the Ford tent (even tho they left for Vegas on Saturday, I heard) or anywhere else at SEMA that I could find. It was a V12 Aston-based Mustang with a reground, stroked crank 800+ NA HP but it seems to have vaporized. Now THAT I wanted to see.

I was also hoping someone would have taken a Ford GT, transaxle and all, and drop it into the back seat of an S197 -- what a 'concept!' ;-)

Yeah, I'm not into the 'pimp-my-rind' thing. Form's got to follow function for me. The old Funk-master is not my 'affinity group' styling-wise, though I do like some of the retro mods he's done on the TV show. :hysterical:

I did like the Explorer that the Wrecks-to-Riches guys did, but it was shown as a muscle truck with no info on the engine -- go figure ...what a letdown.

And no real-deal Boss :cry:

Archived