TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford racing Intake manifold

Absolutely getting one the SECOND it comes out!

Me too.. Although 40HP sounds a little rich to me.

And I'm not so sure on the aluminum vs. plastic idea. It seems to me that the FRPP intake would run a lot hotter than the plastic one. :headscratch:

Oh well, it looks badass anyway. :shift:

Ken

That's the one I was thinking of and the only one I know of.

"The new manifold will fit modular V-8 equipped Mustangs with the sole purpose to boost the engines redline from 6,500 rpm to 7,500 rpm. Adding this intake to your modular V-8 engine will not add horsepower but it will act as a gateway for other bolt-ons like a camshaft, valves, and exhaust systems so they can take advantage of the higher rpm range. The Ford Racing intake manifold will go on sale later this fall with an estimated price of around $650."

That's my question as well. It was my understanding that the bottom end is what was limiting the redline of the 4.6, not the intake. :headscratch:

My guess is the reference to the bump in RPM only applies the FRPP intake's ability to support the airflow needed to meet that RPM once the engine has been sufficiently modified to survive at that level. You can beef-up a motor all you want, but it will not make more power unless you feed it more fuel and air by either brute force (i.e. SC, TC, N2O) or increasing it’s efficiency (Cams, heads, exhaust, tune, fuel pumps & rails). The FRPP intake as I see it addresses the latter. Even with forced induction your performance is limited by the efficiency of the air passages and the fuel delivery (and of course the strength of the bottom end which has more to do with reliability). FRPP has already addressed heads, cams, tune, and exhaust. All that was left was the intake, which I understand to already be pretty efficient.

I’m certain you could spin a bone stock 4.6 to 10K with enough fuel and air but you would be turning it into aluminum confetti in short order.

• 3 months later...

When it finally gets out we will have to hang back and see what the first set of buyer's have to say about it. Also, I have not heard anything anymore about that other intake manifold. Theone that some guys bought and 3 months later the company redesigned it cause it wasn't working properly.

When it finally gets out we will have to hang back and see what the first set of buyer's have to say about it. Also, I have not heard anything anymore about that other intake manifold. Theone that some guys bought and 3 months later the company redesigned it cause it wasn't working properly.

C&L ?

http://s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26414

http://s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26291

The FRPP intake is aluminim. According to Jesse Kershaw it has been pushed back to "mid-summer".......which usually means September. I would not be surprised to see the manifold released in plastic though.

There are several things that limit the RPM capabilities. The cast crank is fine as long as it is NOT routinely taken over 7000 rpm. I have used them in two and three valve engines that made over 700 hp but we kept them under 7000 rpm. The stock rods will not survive very long over 7000-7500 either. Factory valve springs won't do the trick either nor will the factory three groove keepers. The "problems" associated with the C&L intake further illustrate just how good the factory intake manifold works. To me...you don't replace the factory intake until you begin to run into cylinder-cylinder distribution problems. That doesn't happen until you get an N/A engine over 8000 rpm or a power adder engine over 800 rwhp.

Archived