TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recon LED Dome Light Install.

jared@lethal

I took a few minutes today to install some white Recon LED dome lights on the 2010. We had them on our 08' and I loved them. I was happy to see that the dome light assembly didn't change on the 2010 so the same 264200WH bulbs that we carry will indeed work.

Took 5 minutes to install and the yellow is gone.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shel...et-of-2-p-26906

c56a64a70757224057dbc4ccfecdcc62.image.530x420.jpg

With the 2005+ mustangs sporting newer style lighting both inside and out and 2010 mustang with it's LED sequential taillights there's still a few things missing. One of which is LED interior dome lights. While sitting in the car you notice all of the neat lighting on the dash, in the cup holder, on the door sills BUT then you look above to your dome lights and see yellowish looking lights. We've got the fix. Recon LED replacement bulbs which are $24.95 for the pair and take less than 5 minutes to install. Simply remove the dome light housing by pulling it down from the roof of the car, pull out the conventional bulbs and install the LED's. Now you've got a crisp white LED look that you notice immediately as a well deserved upgrade to the interior of the car.

In the video he says $14.95 for the pair.....you gonna honor that price?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I will buy them $14.95 but not for $24.95. What's the deal? Are you gonna honor the price of $14.95?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention guys. I didn't even realize that I screwed up the pricing until now. Unfortunately they are $24.95 not $14.95. I'll be re-doing the video today with the correct price. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

NOTE: LED's require a resistor or they will have a slight glow to them after the vehicle is turned off. However the current that is drawn to create the glowing bulb is not enough to drain your battery.

Jared I dont have a problem paying the 24 or 25 bucks for the bulbs, but as refrenced above do I need to put a resistor for the interior lights and how long do they glow after the vehicle is turned off.

my car is due in oct 2.

NOTE: LED's require a resistor or they will have a slight glow to them after the vehicle is turned off. However the current that is drawn to create the glowing bulb is not enough to drain your battery.

Jared I dont have a problem paying the 24 or 25 bucks for the bulbs, but as refrenced above do I need to put a resistor for the interior lights and how long do they glow after the vehicle is turned off.

my car is due in oct 2.

Yeah, I had the exact same question. I went to order and then saw that note. If they glow for a little while that's fine, but they don't glow ALL the time, do they? Also, let us know when you have LEDs that will fit the trunk light, rear license plate lights, and front amber turn signals.

Thanks!

The glow is so faint that during the daytime you will have no idea that it's like that. At night is when you'll be able to notice a very slight glow to them. Like I said it's so minor and does not cause any problems so it's really nothing to be concerned about.

As far as using a resistor there's very little room to work with in there. I'll try and see if I can get one to fit.

Hope that helps.

Jared

The glow is so faint that during the daytime you will have no idea that it's like that. At night is when you'll be able to notice a very slight glow to them. Like I said it's so minor and does not cause any problems so it's really nothing to be concerned about.

As far as using a resistor there's very little room to work with in there. I'll try and see if I can get one to fit.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Well thats what I was curious about because with my work schedule my car will be parked for a month or more at a time in my garage of course,I just dont want to come back all excited jump in the car and go to turn her over and my battery is dead.

Thanks

Well thats what I was curious about because with my work schedule my car will be parked for a month or more at a time in my garage of course,I just dont want to come back all excited jump in the car and go to turn her over and my battery is dead.

Thanks

Ditto.

I can say with confidence that your batteries will not go dead with these bulbs. These bulbs have been used in many of the 05-09 cars for quite some time and we've never had anyone call us with a dead battery. I'm sure if it happened we would hear about it. I'm still going to see if I can install a single resistor but I honestly don't believe it's needed. We used these on our 08' for over a year with no resistor and they worked perfect.

hey you want to sell your old wheels and tires? from your 2010?

Sorry Jason but we're not going to sell them.

Thanks Jared

I switched mine out last year to a RED LED and I like it more, because it doesnt distract the driver or wash out your vision if you turn them on at night while driving...

and mine dont glow at all...couldnt tell you why or if there is a resistor on it....Hell, Im not even sure where I bought them at this point, but it was plug and play.

I switched mine out last year to a RED LED and I like it more, because it doesnt distract the driver or wash out your vision if you turn them on at night while driving...

and mine dont glow at all...couldnt tell you why or if there is a resistor on it....Hell, Im not even sure where I bought them at this point, but it was plug and play.

Yeah. Like I was saying the glow with our bulbs is so minor that it's only noticeable if you're actually looking for it. However I disclose it so that customers know that something like that is normal and not to be worried. I wonder if I worry them more by disclosing it but hey I'm just doing my job.

Jared

I installed mine and they look great. Now, when you open the door and jump in the car, instead of a yellow glow from the map lights, you get a clean white/bluish glow that matches the interior accent lighting (I use the blue color for everything: accent lights, guages lights, halo lights, etc.). I love em. Thanks Jared and everyone at Lethal for CONTINUING TO BRING GREAT STUFF TO MARKET FOR US...ADDICTS!!!!

Jared I just put in my order. I"ll give them a shot.

Thanks

I installed mine and they look great. Now, when you open the door and jump in the car, instead of a yellow glow from the map lights, you get a clean white/bluish glow that matches the interior accent lighting (I use the blue color for everything: accent lights, guages lights, halo lights, etc.). I love em. Thanks Jared and everyone at Lethal for CONTINUING TO BRING GREAT STUFF TO MARKET FOR US...ADDICTS!!!!

Thanks guys! We appreciate your support.

Archived