TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sync...

zhodd

Anyone else have their Sync setup just decide to half work? I started the car to drive home from the office and it decided to no longer do bluetooth and the media button now switches to the radio. It's really wierd.

I ended up calling Sync support and they said I had to bring it to the dealer to be reset - read: pita. Anyone have this fun happen?

Atleast I don't really use the radio - I just use the hands free for the phone ..

Anyone else have their Sync setup just decide to half work? I started the car to drive home from the office and it decided to no longer do bluetooth and the media button now switches to the radio. It's really wierd.

I ended up calling Sync support and they said I had to bring it to the dealer to be reset - read: pita. Anyone have this fun happen?

Atleast I don't really use the radio - I just use the hands free for the phone ..

Yes I have had it happen where Bluetooth just dies until next start. It's happened twice but is always fine on the next start of the car.

You may want to double check with the dealer and confirm that you have the most recent update for your sync. There have been a couple of upgrades to fine tune some issues and this may be the cause of your problems.

I do need to run the version check thing from the syncmyride site. It's quite possible - but I do have the 911 assist and health report nonsense

As far as the VHR and 911 update, there have been a couple of bugs in that standard update as well. Our techs have had to do an IDS update to fix them, so that is a possibility. Have you also confirmed compatibility of your phone on Syncmyride.com?

Clay

Everything seems to be working okay now - there was an update available so I took care of that. My iphone 3GS works perfectly except it doesn't do SMS over BT - I will somehow survive without that feature :)

• 3 weeks later...
Just used the sync feature for the first time today. I put some songs on a 16GB USB Stick...I think I'm going to like this! hehe. The voice activation is cool.

I need to do this, I've yet to use sync. I remember reading about it before I got the car...sounded cool, but now it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I really wish I had a garage door opener. I know sync works with bt/audio/911 calling, but was also thinking it was related to garage door systems :(

I need to do this, I've yet to use sync. I remember reading about it before I got the car...sounded cool, but now it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I really wish I had a garage door opener. I know sync works with bt/audio/911 calling, but was also thinking it was related to garage door systems :(

I'm a huge music junkie..so I'm just using it for convenience instead of having 20 cds to pop in and out all the time. I can put everything I'll ever want on the USB stick and just leave it there. Plus it's sweet to call up artists by voice recognition.

Nothing really to setting it up...just push the "aux" button and it reads the drive and then you're ready to go.

Archived