TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!!

06VistaBlueGT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm leaning toward just a standard coupe. I personally don't have a need for 3.73s. I don't think they wil benefit my day to day driving. Nor do I think a stiffer race suspension is needed. . I really like the wheels though. Probably not enough to sacrifice my color combo and for the price.

What is everyone's thoughts on the gear ratio? I know it's an improvement on the track but for day to day use? Any opinions from those that have a 2010?

Thoughts on the 3.73s, these are superb gears for the car and will definitely improve acceleration with upgraded suspension and larger, soft compound tires. That said, at least with my car with the 3.55s, my acceleration is stout in the city and it is very easy for the 2010 GT500 to go well beyond the 5-10 mph speed limit cushion and break traction at will. Would like I like the 3.73s? Absolutely! Am I happy with the performance of the 3.55s, Definitely!

I'm leaning toward just a standard coupe. I personally don't have a need for 3.73s. I don't think they wil benefit my day to day driving. Nor do I think a stiffer race suspension is needed. . I really like the wheels though. Probably not enough to sacrifice my color combo and for the price.

What is everyone's thoughts on the gear ratio? I know it's an improvement on the track but for day to day use? Any opinions from those that have a 2010?

Thanks for the input fellas. When you say driveability. How so? I know in my dad's 07 vette with 3.30, I take off in first in normal driving situations and then go to 3rd or 4th because the car is geared really low. It's like 3rd should be second. I'd rather have more range with my gears.

Anyone notice the SVT option wheels?? Oh baby!!! :drool::drool:

Really? To get those wheels you also have to buy the curb feelers.

:dance:

Seriously, to each their own, but I'm worried about you. :cry:

bj

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great info 06vistablueGT!!! I too, like Bpmurr would like to know what the build totals for 2010 end up being. That would be interesting to check out when it becomes available.

In September, I ordered a new 2010 Silver (the rarest of all colors) with Black stripes Shelby GT500 Convertible with the electronic package, HID lights & car cover with a sticker price for $56,270. It is being delivered this week (Feb. 8th) to the dealership in Massachusetts. See the window sticker.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8KSXA5171180

Things changed, and cannot take delivery of the car. Email me at jim@jdolan.net if you want to buy this Shelby, and I will do my best to transfer my deal to you at $2000 below sticker for a selling price of $54,270 with all options.

Archived