TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!!

06VistaBlueGT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, end of Feb!!!????

I thought the order banks open in Jan?

FEB 2/ 2009 was the date ( regardless of where you were)the banks opened last year. I would think that will be close again this year .

Is there any point in aruging how much you pay over Invoice or under msrp at this time since it looks like dealers will of course take your deposit?

Or do they take your deposit without even speaking of how much they want for it and so forth.

I have been waiting on pricing to find out but perhaps its like early acceptance at college, if you get in now before pricing is available, maybe you will get a good price.

FEB 2/ 2009 was the date ( regardless of where you were)the banks opened last year. I would think that will be close again this year .

Order banks for 2010 MY opened late December 2008. A local dealer here ordered a 2010 before Christmas '08, Dec 22 I think.

Anyway...2011 MY order bank opens Jan 18, 2010. Job 1 still March 15.

Order banks for 2010 MY opened late December 2008. A local dealer here ordered a 2010 before Christmas '08, Dec 22 I think.

Anyway...2011 MY order bank opens Jan 18, 2010. Job 1 still March 15.

Keep in mind, Order Banks opening and Allocations are two different things. Order Banks open Jan 18 but a Dealer cannot order a 2011 until Ford gives them an allocation. I'm sure not all allocations will be handed out Jan 18. I'm not sure how Ford determines who gets allocations when.

Keep in mind, Order Banks opening and Allocations are two different things. Order Banks open Jan 18 but a Dealer cannot order a 2011 until Ford gives them an allocation. I'm sure not all allocations will be handed out Jan 18. I'm not sure how Ford determines who gets allocations when.

Bingo!

cant wait to see how many allocations we get in the 1st qt. run.

Hey everyone, the Order Banks still open up for V6 and GT orders next Monday. I am hoping by then that the order guides will be out. Now that said, I don't knoww if Ford will release the order guides to the GT500 until they reveal the new motor to it at either the Chicago or New York auto show. Lets hope they pick Chicago to do the unveil as its only next month.

I know a few of you on here are dealers so I have a question.

I want a MY2011 GT500, but I wont have the down payment until probably June or August, but I want a very specific config, Torch Red, Black Stripes, Nav and HIDs.

I believe it is possible to come up with the cash sooner, but a conservative estimate would be late June/Aug.

So with that said, when should I place my order?

also, is the price negotiated when the order is placed or car received?

Thank You

MKParris

I know a few of you on here are dealers so I have a question.

I want a MY2011 GT500, but I wont have the down payment until probably June or August, but I want a very specific config, Torch Red, Black Stripes, Nav and HIDs.

I believe it is possible to come up with the cash sooner, but a conservative estimate would be late June/Aug.

So with that said, when should I place my order?

also, is the price negotiated when the order is placed or car received?

Thank You

MKParris

You might could go ahead and order when the order bank opens. IF your dealer has an allocation and IT gets pulled earlier the car wouldnt be to the dealer until May! Thats EARLIEST! If Ford waits until April or May to build the first GT500 now your talking June or July.

Negotiate BEFORE you order the car!!!! Get the price in writing and put a deposit on the car. Everyone dealer who signs up gets ONE allocation. Always make sure the dealer hasnt order thier allocation for someone else and is just hoping to get an extra!!!

I have no idea how many I will get this year. I got 4 for 10, but ended up with 2 extra from Ford, but sold 8. Hoping I will get more than I did last year.

If you need help order let me know

MM

Thanks for the response Michael!

I have a friend at a dealer in Orlando and he may be able to get me a good deal, however if that falls through ill contact you if you still have allocations remaining.

You might could go ahead and order when the order bank opens. IF your dealer has an allocation and IT gets pulled earlier the car wouldnt be to the dealer until May! Thats EARLIEST! If Ford waits until April or May to build the first GT500 now your talking June or July.

Negotiate BEFORE you order the car!!!! Get the price in writing and put a deposit on the car. Everyone dealer who signs up gets ONE allocation. Always make sure the dealer hasnt order thier allocation for someone else and is just hoping to get an extra!!!

I have no idea how many I will get this year. I got 4 for 10, but ended up with 2 extra from Ford, but sold 8. Hoping I will get more than I did last year.

If you need help order let me know

MM

Just a thought and maybe someone else has thought of this and I just haven't seen it. Regardless, if it's still true that only the verts are showing up on the preproduction order forms, do you think all the gt500s for 2011 could be verts leaving the coupes to be the gt350s?

Did order banks open on the 18th? When can we place on order if dealer has allocation? And do the dealer's know yet?

One of the 2 dealers I went to last month said they may not make the GT500 this year. I laughed and walk out!!!

The other dealer calls me every week to make sure I still want to order one and said they will let me know the day they have info on the 2011 and when they can take my order.

Some dealer's very informed, some have no clue!

Did order banks open on the 18th? When can we place on order if dealer has allocation? And do the dealer's know yet?

One of the 2 dealers I went to last month said they may not make the GT500 this year. I laughed and walk out!!!

The other dealer calls me every week to make sure I still want to order one and said they will let me know the day they have info on the 2011 and when they can take my order.

Some dealer's very informed, some have no clue!

The Order Bank did open and prices for options are available, but no pricing for the car itself yet. Most options are currently listed as On Hold. Also, the Order Guide is not out yet so we were not sure what some of the options were. For example, there are 2 Electronics packages, SVT Performance Package...I want to see the order guide before ordering, or at least know what these options are. The SVT Performance Package is $3,495 MSRP, and it would not allow Kona Blue vert with white stripes plus the SVT Performance Package. So I asked them to hold the order until we could clarify. Ford has yet to release allocations anyway, so it's not like they would have picked up the order anyway. Patiently waiting now...

The Order Bank did open and prices for options are available, but no pricing for the car itself yet. Most options are currently listed as On Hold. Also, the Order Guide is not out yet so we were not sure what some of the options were. For example, there are 2 Electronics packages, SVT Performance Package...I want to see the order guide before ordering, or at least know what these options are. The SVT Performance Package is $3,495 MSRP, and it would not allow Kona Blue vert with white stripes plus the SVT Performance Package. So I asked them to hold the order until we could clarify. Ford has yet to release allocations anyway, so it's not like they would have picked up the order anyway. Patiently waiting now...

so you are taking orders Michael?

so you are taking orders Michael?

order guide just came out today!

changes:

Race Red

ingot silver

5.4 alum block w/ electric power steering

glass roof

my key

new 20x10 shelby rims

just printed 1/25/10

call or email me if you want an order guide faxed over to you.

mario wells

918 813 3442

order guide just came out today!

changes:

Race Red

ingot silver

5.4 alum block w/ electric power steering

glass roof

my key

new 20x10 shelby rims

just printed 1/25/10

call or email me if you want an order guide faxed over to you.

mario wells

918 813 3442

Mario, can you email or post the guide?

try that

Thank you Jesus. Haha. I've been waiting patiently as possible. I'm interested in what "unique" means on the SVT package. I'm so ready to order a race red and silver stripe beast. My dreams are getting closer and closer to reality.

Thanks a bunch for posting up the order guide!!!

Thank you Jesus. Haha. I've been waiting patiently as possible. I'm interested in what "unique" means on the SVT package. I'm so ready to order a race red and silver stripe beast. My dreams are getting closer and closer to reality.

Thanks a bunch for posting up the order guide!!!

Yeah, I've been wondering what "unique" means to. It does not look to me though that you can get Race Red with Silver Stripes AND the SVT package. Looks to me like only white or no stripes with the SVT Package for Race Red.

Anyone notice the SVT option wheels?? Oh baby!!! :drool::drool:

Yeah, I've been wondering what "unique" means to. It does not look to me though that you can get Race Red with Silver Stripes AND the SVT package. Looks to me like only white or no stripes with the SVT Package for Race Red.

Good catch. I see that now. Last night I was looking at the order guide on my iphone. I had to print it off this morning to look through it. Thanks for setting me straight. That color combo was a big deal for me. Now it depends on their definition of "unique" as previously discussed. I know the wheels sure are bad to the bone.

So what are we waiting for in order to find out the details of the SVT package? Are we waiting for Ford to put the vehicle on their website, waiting for Chicago, or what?

Good catch. I see that now. Last night I was looking at the order guide on my iphone. I had to print it off this morning to look through it. Thanks for setting me straight. That color combo was a big deal for me. Now it depends on their definition of "unique" as previously discussed. I know the wheels sure are bad to the bone.

So what are we waiting for in order to find out the details of the SVT package? Are we waiting for Ford to put the vehicle on their website, waiting for Chicago, or what?

I sure would like to see some pics before ordering, but not liking the color/stripe combo's for a Kona Blue car that are listed in the guide with the SVT Package. Before knowing anything about the SVT package my plan was Kona Blue vert with white stripes, FR3 Handling Pack (already have it as part of the deal) and the 20" Alcoa's. Only thing I'd be missing from the SVT package is 3.73's. Not worked up about "unique" stripes, shift knob or gurney flap. Those wheels are sweet but I do like the Alcoa's better, based on the pictures I've seen so far anyway. I'll probably be going with my original plan.

Archived