TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!!

06VistaBlueGT

Hey everyone, some of you know me from The Mustang Source, and that I work at a Ford dealer and that I help people on that site with questions on pricing and incentives in their regions and general car sales questions. Well, I'm here with new info for everyone. My fleet manager here at work came something that would be VERY IMPORTANT NEWS for many of you here. What I have are the dates for final orders for all 2010 Mustang, and more importantly, the Job #1 date for the 2011 MY Mustang with the new motors. I have attached a copy of the PDF file, that shows when the dates are. I also have them written below for reference.

2010 Model Year Mustangs

1/10/2010 - 2010 MY Last Day to Spec Change/Cancel

3/12/2010 - 2010 MY Job Last Date

2011 Model Year Mustangs

11/23/2009 - 2011 MY Order Bank Open Date

2/12/2010 - 2011 MY Scheduling Begins

3/15/2010 - 2011 MY Job #1 Date for 2011 Mustangs

So there you have it!!!! As you call can see, the dates for both 2010 and 2011 Mustangs are coming up quick. I'm not sure it was posted earlier, but due to the hack, I wanted to put it back up and help get more info out for the 2010 Threads to get rebuilt. For anyone who wants the Coyote or 3.7 V6, you only have to wait about 2 months to place your order!!! I Hope this info helps out some of you. Glad to help out the site.

Can any of the Mods, PLEASE sticky this for a while, until the build starts up next year. Its good info that will be used by many. Thank you!!!

Hello. I am a fairly new member, I was wondering if you could help me. I placed my order for a Torch Red with Silver Stripes/GT500 at Tasca Ford on 07/13/2009. Based on your data, will my GT500 be a 2010 MY or a 2011 MY. I have not heard anything from the dealer since I placed my order.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello. I am a fairly new member, I was wondering if you could help me. I placed my order for a Torch Red with Silver Stripes/GT500 at Tasca Ford on 07/13/2009. Based on your data, will my GT500 be a 2010 MY or a 2011 MY. I have not heard anything from the dealer since I placed my order.

Thanks in advance.

Hi bud, welcome to the site. I wish I could help you more (like check on your order status), but if you haven't heard a peep from the dealer on anything, I would have to say, your car will most likely be a 2011. May I ask, did they call you with a VIN number? What was your Priority Code that they gave your order? Did they even give you a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Aknowledgement)? Let me know what they did and I can speculate better. If they never got a VIN, then your car will pretty much NOT be built, unless its getting serialized soon. From all indications, production will end in December. Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply. I paid 1000K and got an order receipt, but no Vin#, priority code,or DORA. I was number 5 on the list of people who order a GT500 from the dealer back in July of 2009. I guess I'll have to call the dealer this week to get an update. Based on some of the speculation in this forum, I'm kinda glad I didn't get a 2010. I think I will be happier with a 2011 aluminum 5.4 ,plus they may even update the rear bumper........ . I'm ok with the rear design, but I kinda hope they change it. I am friends with a buddy of mine who is friends with the TASCA family. The dealership gave my above average service when I bought my 08 GT. I hate to part with it, but the GT500 is my dream and I can finally afford it!! I post any updates I get this week.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply. I paid 1000K and got an order receipt, but no Vin#, priority code,or DORA. I was number 5 on the list of people who order a GT500 from the dealer back in July of 2009. I guess I'll have to call the dealer this week to get an update. Based on some of the speculation in this forum, I'm kinda glad I didn't get a 2010. I think I will be happier with a 2011 aluminum 5.4 ,plus they may even update the rear bumper........ . I'm ok with the rear design, but I kinda hope they change it. I am friends with a buddy of mine who is friends with the TASCA family. The dealership gave my above average service when I bought my 08 GT. I hate to part with it, but the GT500 is my dream and I can finally afford it!! I post any updates I get this week.

Thanks for your help.

Hey bud, its Jeff (not Craig :). Glad to offer a hand. If you don't have anything that states your Prioity Number, Order Number and you haven't gotten a VIN yet, I am 95% certain, your car won't get built. But with the Aluminium 5.4, its a good thing. Give them a call and ask them updates on your car and see what they tell you.

Hey bud, its Jeff (not Craig :). Glad to offer a hand. If you don't have anything that states your Prioity Number, Order Number and you haven't gotten a VIN yet, I am 95% certain, your car won't get built. But with the Aluminium 5.4, its a good thing. Give them a call and ask them updates on your car and see what they tell you.

Sorry about that Jeff......thanks for you insight.....

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!

hehehehe

These things are no longer the dealership dream cars to keep in stock, they do not sell!

Anything at or over MSRP is no longer a deal

I LOVE IT AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE

Payback for the dealers IMO

I am going to offer my local dealers 500 over invoice for a 2011 when I can, if they wont take, then I will not buy and they can pick up the phone and call me back when they get desperate lol

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhh shiat....we won't be able to take delivery of an 11 until May or so, correct?

To my understanding, the order bank date is the only change thus far. Production is still to begin in mid March. It didn't surprise me for the delay in order bank opening. I would bet Ford wants to wait for the big unveiling at the LA Auto Show next week. I'm guessing cars will be hitting the lots in late April or early May.

To my understanding, the order bank date is the only change thus far. Production is still to begin in mid March. It didn't surprise me for the delay in order bank opening. I would bet Ford wants to wait for the big unveiling at the LA Auto Show next week. I'm guessing cars will be hitting the lots in late April or early May.

Good point...I understand they will announce the 5.0 and aluminum block....

Pricing should be available about the time the order banks open. Not always! I have order cars before with NO PRICE!!!

The build totals wont be available until a couple of months after production ENDS

MM

Hi MM,

Do you know where to research to find out how many 2008 Shelby GT500 Coupes, and CV's were made in Vista Blue?

Thx MM,

Goat

06vistblue has helped answer a few questions for me reference warranty's on my 07 GT (prior car) and is a good reference source. Nice to have you over here from TMS.

Question - Looks like the memo was posted September 18th!

Thanks for the kind words bud. I've been a paying TS member since it started, but just started posting the beginning of this year. TMS is my home though, as I love that site too.

And yeah, they did move the date back. Job #1 is still March 15th, so I would expect to see cars by early April. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :happy feet:

ok...LA show came and went....no info on 2011 GT500.....so whats the deal FORD....why aren't you releasing info with order date so close at hand...inquiring minds demand to know...... :banghead:

Ford announced on a few forums that they will release the 2011 GT 5.0L at the Detroit show next month. As for the GT500? If they don't unveil info at Detroit, then definitely at Chicago. Chicago makes sence, as that show is in March, and Job #1 for the V6 and GT is March 15th, with GT500 Job #1 a month later supposedly.

Ford announced on a few forums that they will release the 2011 GT 5.0L at the Detroit show next month. As for the GT500? If they don't unveil info at Detroit, then definitely at Chicago. Chicago makes sence, as that show is in March, and Job #1 for the V6 and GT is March 15th, with GT500 Job #1 a month later supposedly.

i hear what your saying, but if ordering for the GT500 opens in mid Jan, there's gotta be data out for the consumer to decide from and choose before then...or am i missing something....

• 2 weeks later...

What is the latest date in which all priceing/options will become available/public info and when will the order banks open officially for a dealer to submit an order?

I am refering to the 2011 GT500

Thanks!!!

i guess only the magic genie knows. Ford is surely keeping a tight lid on this one. guess we'll all just have to wait... :banghead:

Archived