TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 MY order bank open date, Job #1 date & 2010 MY End Date!!!!

06VistaBlueGT

Hey everyone, some of you know me from The Mustang Source, and that I work at a Ford dealer and that I help people on that site with questions on pricing and incentives in their regions and general car sales questions. Well, I'm here with new info for everyone. My fleet manager here at work came something that would be VERY IMPORTANT NEWS for many of you here. What I have are the dates for final orders for all 2010 Mustang, and more importantly, the Job #1 date for the 2011 MY Mustang with the new motors. I have attached a copy of the PDF file, that shows when the dates are. I also have them written below for reference.

2010 Model Year Mustangs

1/10/2010 - 2010 MY Last Day to Spec Change/Cancel

3/12/2010 - 2010 MY Job Last Date

2011 Model Year Mustangs

11/23/2009 - 2011 MY Order Bank Open Date

2/12/2010 - 2011 MY Scheduling Begins

3/15/2010 - 2011 MY Job #1 Date for 2011 Mustangs

So there you have it!!!! As you call can see, the dates for both 2010 and 2011 Mustangs are coming up quick. I'm not sure it was posted earlier, but due to the hack, I wanted to put it back up and help get more info out for the 2010 Threads to get rebuilt. For anyone who wants the Coyote or 3.7 V6, you only have to wait about 2 months to place your order!!! I Hope this info helps out some of you. Glad to help out the site.

Can any of the Mods, PLEASE sticky this for a while, until the build starts up next year. Its good info that will be used by many. Thank you!!!

2010_2011_Mustang_end_date_Job1_date.pdf

2010_2011_Mustang_end_date_Job1_date.pdf

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When will pricing be released for the 2011's and options and specs be officially released? particularly the gt500 of course

I'm going to talk to my dealer

thank you!

Chuck, I wouldn't expect any pricing to come out until I get the order guide for the 2011s. Once I do, I price out a few cars to see what is new. When I know, you all will know.

Chuck, I wouldn't expect any pricing to come out until I get the order guide for the 2011s. Once I do, I price out a few cars to see what is new. When I know, you all will know.

I'm interested in seeing what the build totals are for 2010. Do they release that info officially at some point?

Does anyone have anything official from Ford that states exactly what the new engines are going to be? I know we have had everything but an official source document, so I was wondering if that has leaked out yet?

Thanks!

Sudguy4

I would be interested to know as well. My 2010 is scheduled to be at the dealer this weekend or next week (9/25 - 10/1 delivery date) but if the 2011 is worth waiting for I might be persuaded to wait. Afterall I will be parking the '10 as soon as the salt hits the roads here in PA which could be as early as mid-october, and then won't get it out again until April or May, which is when the 2011s will be available (if I understand correctly). Anyay, if anyone knows anything concrete about the 2011 GT500 motor it would be great to know. I'm guessing not though or it would be posted already.

I would be interested to know as well. My 2010 is scheduled to be at the dealer this weekend or next week (9/25 - 10/1 delivery date) but if the 2011 is worth waiting for I might be persuaded to wait. Afterall I will be parking the '10 as soon as the salt hits the roads here in PA which could be as early as mid-october, and then won't get it out again until April or May, which is when the 2011s will be available (if I understand correctly). Anyay, if anyone knows anything concrete about the 2011 GT500 motor it would be great to know. I'm guessing not though or it would be posted already.

Only thing I've heard is that the GT500 is suppose to be getting an Aluminium block.

So we could order a 2011 in late Nov 09 with a realistic delivery date of when? April/May 2010? Just curious as this may be something I pursue....just weighing all my options!

Yes, you should be alble to order the car late November. When can you expect the cars? Good question. I would say May to be safe. I say this, just in case they delay the GT500s again and don't start their build until the 2011 V6 and GTs are well underway.

Based on correspondence with the Mustang marketing manager, 2010 Shelby GT500 production will continue thru December 2009. No word on a specific Job 1 date for the 2011 Shelby GT500.

Makes sense. If you have a GT500 order in the order banks, it will get built. But they won't take any new orders now, as seen by all the dealers who lost their allocations and forum members who's orders got cancelled.

I see Job #1 for the 2011 GT500 being at least 3 weeks after Job #1 of V6 & GT Mustang production begins, if not later.

• 2 weeks later...
What would be best, selling my GT500 for sale by owner or trading in towards a 2011

just curious everyones thoughts

I thought actually trading may work ok here since they would make money on both the trade and new car, I may get a better deal on the new gt500 if that makes sense

Both.

Sell it yourself.

When buying say you're trading your GT500 in on it, but want to agree on a price first on the new car.

Sent this message to 06VistaBlueGT in a private message but thought I would post to all as well. would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Craig

New member and I just have a few questions if you don't mind? SO what is the actually date I could place an order for a 2011 GT500? I live in Sacramento CA and the dealers here just want to mark up everything up 5-10K over MSRP, and they never want to order new cars. They always say, can't order any more from the factory ect...What would be your advice for that problem? Also, one last question, Since all the cars are coming 50 state emissions ready, I could purchase a car from outside CA and not have an issue registering it in CA (called CA DMV to verify that). Are there dealers associated with this form I could order a car through and just pay to have it transported to CA? I am tired of dealing with dealers here.

Thanks for the help!!!

PCW (Craig)

Sent this message to 06VistaBlueGT in a private message but thought I would post to all as well. would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Craig

New member and I just have a few questions if you don't mind? SO what is the actually date I could place an order for a 2011 GT500? I live in Sacramento CA and the dealers here just want to mark up everything up 5-10K over MSRP, and they never want to order new cars. They always say, can't order any more from the factory ect...What would be your advice for that problem? Also, one last question, Since all the cars are coming 50 state emissions ready, I could purchase a car from outside CA and not have an issue registering it in CA (called CA DMV to verify that). Are there dealers associated with this form I could order a car through and just pay to have it transported to CA? I am tired of dealing with dealers here.

Thanks for the help!!!

PCW (Craig)

Hey Craig, thanks for the PM. I sent you one back, answering all your questions. Glad to help you out. Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Hey Craig, thanks for the PM. I sent you one back, answering all your questions. Glad to help you out. Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Jeff,

I tried to call you but I was to late, you were gone. I sent you another PM.

Thanks Craig

Archived